• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

WARNING: FAKE rare and less common psychedelics (2c-b-fly and 2c-i)

intensecycle

Bluelighter
Just wanted to know the community for the sake of HR, that my friend acquired what was sold as "2c-b-fly" from place that recently ceased to exist.
After HPLC/MS analysis (by two different machines and methods) very conclusive result was that substance sold as "2c-b-fly" was, in fact, 25I-NBOMe (90% pure). It was later confirmed by buccal dosing (1 mg) by other person.

I strongly suspect 25i is active orally in the range of 5-15mg, which is proper dosage of 2c-b-fly, this is why this scam was able to exist for quite a long time. I was able to find some reference of oral activity of 25i by David Nichols.
Obviously, this is probably more dangerous than traditional dosing ways of 25i-nBOMe, which is already not safe enough, so you should really not try that.

And just a few days ago, similar story happened with 2c-i (obtained from a place that starts with E).
Substance sold as 2c-i in reality was something stange: mix of 2c-b (60%), something that contains methyl group and 2c-b skeleton, most probably n-methylated 2c-b (30%) and reminder - some inactive stuff, hard to determine without more effort.

For privacy reasons, I don't know if I will publish scans of analyses.

Please never trust your vendor for less common and especially exotic substances, and test them at least with marquis. 2c-b instead of 2c-i is one thing, and oral 25i is totally other, and can end really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful, I think your indication of dosage for 15-25 mg is very high compared to the considerably lower oral dosages of 25X compounds found to be active, refer to the NBOMe warning thread for more precise details, I think they are in there.
15-25 mg makes sense if 25I is just converted into 2C-I when you take it orally, if that is the case on the one hand it's actually less dangerous. But the possibility of accidentally absorbing a whole lot in the mouth for example may make it quite dangerous.

You are sure the methyl is not alpha on that 2C-B skeleton making it DOB?
N-substituted 2C-B analogues have been found on rare occasions. They don't seem to be very interesting. Probably mostly time-release pro-drug like effects... could be considered lame by people, just like dibutylone or dimethylone don't sound very compelling.

You can consider removing all personal references in those scans / making screenshot jpegs even if they are pdf, and checking the meta-data for any personal details, which can be removed.

Thanks for the warnings.

Thanks, I did not know about oral 25i ranges.
About methyl on alpha or on N position - person who did the analysis in in doubt, but will try his best to guess. Maybe, someone will test this substance in-vivo with allergy test dosage, to find if this is DOB, in this case I will report here.
I will think about removing sensitive info and posting the analysis results.

Wow, what a dangerous thing to pass off as 2C-B-fly! What if someone decided to snort their dose? And besides that some people on this forum have experimented with oral dosing and some of them have found it to be quite potent, in the range of sublingual/buccal dosing (while others have found that to not be the case). I was recently tipped off to the 2C-B-fly made available, I'm guessing this must be the same place especially since the place hasn't responded yet to me.

Thanks for sharing this information. This reminds me a bit of the guy years back who thought he had gotten 2C-B-fly and was planning to sell it (and may have sold some)... but nearly right away he took a dose that was appropriate for 2C-B-fly, to test it, and it turned out it was bromo-dragonfly and it killed him. If this is really 25i, the same could easily happen to people... :\

Thanks for sharing this - I sent you a PM inquiring about the country of origin of the 2C-B-Fly batches, since recently a large number of people from Poland, including myself, got ahold of 2C-B-Fly that seemed unusually strong, and even put my friend in hospital (though it was with a dangerous combination of other drugs) and there's some doubt as the authenticity. I've saved a small sample of the stuff to send off for testing but I've held off for now in case any of the other people who got some test it first, since if it turns out to be legitimate I'd like to hold onto it, as it was a fun experience, despite being very strong.

Scary to think people would do such a thing, while I can see people passing off stuff like the NBOMes as 2C-B-Fly and such, I was thinking more in very cut solutions, not 90% 25I sold as a compound active at 10-20mg.. o_O

It's things like this that make me wish we could discuss vendors, purely for harm reduction purposes. It would be nice to know if your chosen vendor has a history of ripping people off or dangerously mislabeling chemicals.

Thanks for sharing this information. This reminds me a bit of the guy years back who thought he had gotten 2C-B-fly and was planning to sell it (and may have sold some)... but nearly right away he took a dose that was appropriate for 2C-B-fly, to test it, and it turned out it was bromo-dragonfly and it killed him. If this is really 25i, the same could easily happen to people... :\

We had a case here in OK back in 2011.
A guy took some "2C-E" to sell at a party, but it was actually mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly and it killed two of the party goers and pretty seriously fucked up several more.
This guy was charged with first degree murder initially, but I don't know what he actually ended up being charged with.
This case caused an immediate change in the OK law concerning "designer drugs".
Mislabeled product could theoretically happen even at a reputable vendor...kinda scary.

Wow, what a terrible mislabeling mistake...

I rather enjoyed 2C-B-FLY when it was common and actually 2C-B-FLY. Just thought I'd poke my head in to say that.

Yeah, real 2C-B-fly is wonderful stuff. I wish it would surface again for real... I got my hopes up with this.

I strongly suspect 25i is active orally in the range of 5-15mg, which is proper dosage of 2c-b-fly, this is why this scam was able to exist for quite a long time.

I've done 25I orally several times, and just 1mg would be more than enough to trip on. I would never, ever, EVER willingly do 15mg, as I know that would almost certainly give me a seizure and/or kill me. I really want to discourage this idea that's been floating around for years that NBOMes get converted to 2C-Xs in the stomach, because that's definitely NOT what happens in at least some users (like me).

We had a case here in OK back in 2011.
A guy took some "2C-E" to sell at a party, but it was actually mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly and it killed two of the party goers and pretty seriously fucked up several more.
This guy was charged with first degree murder initially, but I don't know what he actually ended up being charged with.
This case caused an immediate change in the OK law concerning "designer drugs".
Mislabeled product could theoretically happen even at a reputable vendor...kinda scary.

As I remember, this was also one of the cases that got Congress to put all of the popular 2C-Xs into Schedule I.

So, recently got some from 2C-B-FLY a friend, of which he's tried up to 8-10mg I believe, and is still alive so it's not Bromo-d-fly. And he said it was enjoyable, but he also, last night, directed me to this thread, and was like, "hey man be safe." So that's greatly appreciated.

Short of sending what little I have out for testing, what's the best way to find out what I have? Is there a standard reagent reaction for NBOMe vs 2C-B-FLY or something a little more accessible?

^ Nope, don't think so. And reagent testing can only be used to rule out the presence of a substance (i.e. pills that don't turn purple with Marquis reagent don't have MDMA in them), it can't be used to identify an unknown substance. You'll have to send it to a lab to find out what you have.

agreed I acquired some "acid" about a month ago turned out to be 25-i I learned it was 25-i reading erowid noting the bitter taste and a numbing effect my first time taking "acid" so I thought it was normal :( it wasn't

Last edited:
25i and acid are 2 uniquely different chemicals. But some effects happen to be similar

I suspect the Fly compounds will be resurfacing at some point. The 2Cs are all illegal in the US and the BK compounds seem to be somewhat of an expensive disappointment. It wouldn't surprise me to see the FLY compounds churn out once the craze to make new benzo analogs ends.

talk about disappointment....still have yet to try a benzo analogue that comes close to the real deal....and i won't touch etizolem with a 10 foot pole because of the horror stories of withdrawal that i read

diazepam may be the perfect drug......and I've done all of them.......