• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Warning! 5f-akb48, 5c-akb48, 5f-pb22

AFOAF Chemist

Bluelighter
I was recently omitted to the emergancy room due to a siezure related to my glucose levels. During that time they ran a full bloodgas report on me. The results showed a very high level of glucol as if I had drank antifreeze or rubbing alcohol. However the only organ failure signs were my kidneys and liver. My stomach, intestines etc are fine.

In the last 3 days I have consumed .5g of each 5f-akb48 and 5fpb22

Here are the results of the bloodgas

IMAG0517_zpsj4cmdccy.jpg

IMAG0516_zpszjcx7j8a.jpg

IMAG0515_zps3baxpiz8.jpg

The only test I did not include was the actual chemical test. But that's only because its the only thing on it
Result
CK. 503. Range:39-308

Do you have diabetes or anything? I smoke copious amounts of these cannabinoids, recently had all these things checked, came back perfectly normal.

Anyway I've read before about PB-22 elevating glucose levels abnormally so I don't think you are the first person this has happened to.

Last edited:
I had a similar reaction although my seizure was from mixing 50mgs of DPH with a strong blend. I was having trouble sleeping one night so I popped a generic benadryl and took a bong hit of a blend that I had been smoking for a couple months. I went back to bed and my eyes were wandering in all sorts of directions and the next thing I knew I woke up on the ground extremely confused with my GF scared to shit saying I had a seizure. For about a couple hours after that I had no idea what was going on or who I was, scared me off of synthetics that's for sure. Keep in mind this is a blend with who knows what in it, I would give the name of this blend but IDK if its against the rules.

Captain Kratom - I have to ask, why take risks with synthetics when you are blessed to live somewhere with such a strong dispensary culture and have access to such a wide range of the world finest strains of the real thing? Here in Australia, in my experience, the attraction of synthetics is that they can be easier to access than real pot and that people who work on sites with compulsory drug testing. I find it puzzling that people from somewhere like CA would bother.

I was living in Texas at the time and had to hold a job with strict testing, pshhhh trust me I would never touch synths if fresh cannabis is an option, now I got a job that doesn't test therefor I'm free to be the MJ connoisseur that I once was :D

Yes, this will happen to some people after heavy consumption of the xB-22 types because of the quinolone metabolite. Are you a cigarrette smoker, OP?

And do you realize you effectively consumed 1000+ doses in 3 days? Might be time for a tolerance break.

Yes, this will happen to some people after heavy consumption of the xB-22 types because of the quinolone metabolite. Are you a cigarrette smoker, OP?

And do you realize you effectively consumed 1000+ doses in 3 days? Might be time for a tolerance break.

Some people have real bag self control issues with these, I used to be one of them till I started making sweets out of it instead and putting them the freezer. AB-FUBINIACA for one seems nearly as potent orally as smoked and lasts roughly 3-4 hours!

Having a proper break nowe though off weed too, I've turned into too much of a mong.

@hx_, I have tried to respond to your private message but your inbox is full.

Could you go more in depth about your preparation for oral AB-FUBINACA? Did you dissolve it in a solvent/oil, or did you find that it is orally active in powder form? Very interesting...

Never tried eating the powder I wouldn't trust it to actually get to my stomach the amount is so small.

For edibles I've done it in two ways:

Slowly melted a stick of butter in a pan on the hob (250g I think) then when it was all liquid I threw 100mg AB-FUBINACA and 20mg 5F-AKB-48 (first put into a wrap and crushed/powdered as fine as possible) into the middle and stirred for a minute. Cook it into anything you want, just be careful the dose is pretty similar to smoking. Most of the synthetics have far higher vaporisation temps than THC so you don't need to worry too much about damaging that way.

The other way was in sunflower oil, which was both very hard to make the AM2201 dissolve at 1mg/ml and not very nice to put into food, tasted odd, you can't really make sweet stuff with cooking oil either....

Made some PM room now.

Never tried eating the powder I wouldn't trust it to actually get to my stomach the amount is so small.

For edibles I've done it in two ways:

Slowly melted a stick of butter in a pan on the hob (250g I think) then when it was all liquid I threw 100mg AB-FUBINACA and 20mg 5F-AKB-48 (first put into a wrap and crushed/powdered as fine as possible) into the middle and stirred for a minute. Cook it into anything you want, just be careful the dose is pretty similar to smoking. Most of the synthetics have far higher vaporisation temps than THC so you don't need to worry too much about damaging that way.

The other way was in sunflower oil, which was both very hard to make the AM2201 dissolve at 1mg/ml and not very nice to put into food, tasted odd, you can't really make sweet stuff with cooking oil either....

Made some PM room now.

I always use the pure powder only and hold it under my tongue. Then when I am high enough I spit it out. Or if I can't handle the taste I just swallow it. Either way works fine.

The amounts I use are 1-5mg usually.

(As a side note I find 5F-AKB48 to do a whole lot of nothing orally)

Ah yeah I remember now trying that with AM2201 back when I had a stupid tolerance, except I'd end up swallowing it as holding it under my tongue would make my whole mouth go all stale and dry. Ughhh.

I really don't like the 5F's even the taste is dodgy when smoked and I don't like the high much.

Well I know the 5Fs and even vanilla 5 carbon syncans have poor oral absorption, this is usually the case with chemicals that have very large terminating carbon chains (THC) but I thought maybe the fluorobenzyl substituent would alter polarity enough to make them slightly water soluble. I guess they still need oil though. I've never had success sublingual-ing noids, you guys, that's interesting news, especially since you said you spit them out, so clearly there was not accidental oral absorption. What cannabinoid(s) did you guys have success sublingual-ing that way?

EDIT: I just looked through OP's pics, Jesus Christ, your glucose is high but not that bad, but your creatinine levels are OFF THE CHARTS...do you have kidney or muscle pains?

EDIT2: OP, are you on any medication/OTC supplements? Especially workout powders and the like? Do you drink heavily? What's your age?

Last edited:
Captain Kratom - I have to ask, why take risks with synthetics when you are blessed to live somewhere with such a strong dispensary culture and have access to such a wide range of the world finest strains of the real thing? Here in Australia, in my experience, the attraction of synthetics is that they can be easier to access than real pot and that people who work on sites with compulsory drug testing. I find it puzzling that people from somewhere like CA would bother.

How puzzling it seems the human is very capable of taking risks in order to fill his receptors. Myself living in the Netherlands and having been indulging in cannabis daily for a very long time made the swap to synthetics. And feel just like you pointed out bit_pattern i am taking a risk.

But the advantages are most defenitely appealling sides of synthetics. To sum it up they saved:
-my lungs (short term as the risks are unknown) cause of the difference between smoking weed with tobacco vs vaporizing synths.
-my wallet as I was spending up to 200 euros including travelling and tobacco a month.
-my brain from being stoned all day, as I was toking 3 to 6 times a day, With synth's 1 to 2 times a day.
-me from my social stigma as I had to use my garden, which is in plain sight, to smoke my pipe. And no longer smell like smoke.
-my ass from being a stoner as the synthetic's seem to be milder then the real thing, at least the ones I prefer. And have less of an lingering effect,

I never spit out the powder, I'd swallow it after holding for as long as I could. Only time I'd really do this was on the bus/train on the way back from a rave or if the bit I'd melted into the pipe in the morning had run out and I had nowhere to reload. Baaaaaad times.

AM2201, 2233 and 1220* certainly worked in oil though, and AB-FUBINACA definitely works in butter.

*think it was 1220

Well I still say most synthetics are actually not bad at all, the ONLY ones with known bad metabolites are the xB-22 series, and the MN series, and even with those it shouldn't be terrible unless you're using a half gram a day like OP LOL. I have been a moderate to heavy synthetic cannabinoid user since early 2009, no breaks longer than a week in that 5 year period except for 2 stints in prison, each time less than 3 months, and I had a CBC (complete blood count, similar to what OP had performed on him) a few months back and everything came back totally normal.

EDIT: Thanks for response, hx_!

Last edited:
-my lungs (short term as the risks are unknown) cause of the difference between smoking weed with tobacco vs vaporizing synths. Answer: smoke pure weed. Smoke with a vaporizer. Regardless, even smoking weed rather than vaporizing it is not as unhealthy as once thought - it certainly doesn't cause cancer at the very least going by Dr. Donald Tashkin's famous study.

-my wallet as I was spending up to 200 euros including travelling and tobacco a month. Answer: Grow your own if possible.

-my brain from being stoned all day, as I was toking 3 to 6 times a day, With synth's 1 to 2 times a day. Answer: Get a discreet portable vaporizer that you can toke as and when needed. Or just eat edibles.

-me from my social stigma as I had to use my garden, which is in plain sight, to smoke my pipe. And no longer smell like smoke. Answer: vaporizers are discreet because they smell more like burnt popcorn than burnt weed. No need to even go outside in the first place.

-my ass from being a stoner as the synthetic's seem to be milder then the real thing, at least the ones I prefer. And have less of an lingering effect, Answer: there are always milder strains. Try something like Dutch Passion Mazar.

Sorry I don't mean to come off as a smart ass. They're just some solutions you might not have thought of.

Yikes. Glad you're okay! Thanks for providing the lab results. It gives a good picture of exactly what's going on.

I've always avoided synth-noids like the plague. Whether they're dangerous themselves or contain unknown contaminants is still up for debate. I remember the kidney failure outbreaks in Wyoming and Alabama a few years ago that were blamed on "Spice". Be careful.

i don't know why people trust these numbers, honestly it's just a stupid thing doctors trying to scare you into doing surgeries and in the end guess where you end up anyway...

@tranctasy: I rarely take the time out of my day/night to flame someone or their post without contributing to the discussion, at least in professional atmospheres like BL and TAS, etc, but here I'll make an exception.

As someone who works in the medical field, and is attending university with the ultimate goal of getting my MD (only have a bachelors at the moment, I don't mean to sound like I'm a doctor) I can assure you that if you hold your job for any significant amount of time, the rigors and responsibilities of your job, as well as the ever present threat of malpractice suits, ensure that you take your work RELIGOUSLY serious.

No one is trying to scare ANYBODY with 'numbers'.

Your lackadaisical, foolhardy attitude is a bane upon the scene and a poison to the minds of young recruits.

YOU, my friend (I use the term loosely), are exactly what is wrong with us as a community. Not all of us can contribute equally, or at all, but as long as you are not actively detracting from the collective intelligence, you're okay in my book.

"No stupid questions, only stupid answers" kind of deal.

YOU are the stereotype lawmakers envision when they rush to emergency schedule the fruits of my brothers' labor.

YOU are the person which allows police officers to rationalize away their crimes against humanity under the guise of "protection".

YOU are a statistic waiting to be recorded, and the fact that minds like yours have even survived into adulthood infuriates me. I consider it both an unfortunate truth that people like you and I are lumped into the same category by the majority, and the main reason why my research cannot be shared in an academic setting for fear of being labeled.

All I can do is publicly rebuke you and hope that others take note, and hopefully avoid saying similar things in the future, even if their warped minds somehow believe it is true.

Doctors probably represent our strongest ally and source of credibility against the American war machine, which would have us all drinking alcohol and chain smoking (and believing it was healthy for us to do so!) and working 2 jobs just to reinvest all our earnings into the system.

The medical professionals are not all saints, but to hear you insinuating that they are ALTERING TEST RESULTS to get us to think RCs are harmful - is both insane and disturbing. The OP clearly has/had altered kidney function as a result of (extreme) synthetic cannabinoid abuse. I am a huge fan of syncans, but I'll be the first to admit that.

Depart from me - I never knew you.