• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants VYVANSE MEGATHREAD ⬅ your Vyvanse thread has been merged here

I wonder if Vyvanse is a better choice for subtle, background ADD relief over Dextroamphetamine Extended Release Spansules, which I use to give me a steady level of medication for 8-12 hours at a time. I've never tried it since dextroamphetamine seems so much simpler and more reliable.

As for dosing before sleep i feel the same. Last night i set an alarm for 4 A.M. woke up to the alarm and parachuted 150mgs then fell back asleep. At about 6 i felt the effects and abruptly woke up with the oddest feeling.. almost like i had slept for weeks and my body had gotten the fullest rest possible along with lots of head tingles. This set my day up for a productive attitude :)

150 mg Vyvanse is a very large dose, equal to about 50mg d-amp released over 8 hours, so it's no surprise it woke you up. However, with my level of ADD, I have to be really careful laying my head down just to relax for a "minute" on therapeutic (non-stimulating) doses of d-amp. Dexedrine makes me very sleepy, I nod on it sometimes, and it cuts down the brain fog so the thought train stops and I just pass out the moment I hit the pillow, and I will sleep like a log, especially when peaking on the therapeutic dose. The sedation from D-amp gets annoying, and I have to use caffeine to offset it.

I'm sure that if anyone took 150-180mg Vyvanse (never taken Vyvanse), ADD or not, they would be tweaked, since ADD adults need more amps to get stimulated (low pf cortex DA levels to normal transmitting DA [goal of ADD meds] to excess DA levels [tweaked, motivated, productive, euphoric, insomniac, anorexic]), but they can get simulated just as much as normal people if they take a higher dose.

Last edited:
yeah i do woke up after takin it, on my desk at skool...weird rewiring sensation! Never tryied more than 50mg, im scared i would alway whant more...like i used to do wit amp

^ 50mg of Vyvanse a day is actually a perfect amount, as strong as 16.7-20mg of d-amp over 8 hours, so good choice on not increasing it.

If I ever tried Vyvanse I think 40-50mg would be a perfect dosage for me. I should really try it, as I try very hard to keep plasma levels consistent with Dextroamphetamine, which is a lot easier using the ER spansules over the IR tabs, but still requires a lot of conscious effort and attention. I would really like to take one capsule of 40-50mg in the morning and be done with it.

i started with 20mg ans increased it 10mg per month until now...the addict inside of me have the tendancy to think that the effect wear off at the same time that the ''uphoria'' but i have to remember my self the real reason why im takin it...so i decided to wait until im actually building a tolerence before increasing it.

i started with 20mg ans increased it 10mg per month until now...the addict inside of me have the tendancy to think that the effect wear off at the same time that the ''uphoria'' but i have to remember my self the real reason why im takin it...so i decided to wait until im actually building a tolerence before increasing it.

This is totally how I am honestly. Once the 70mgs stopped giving me euphoria and such, I was like oh! Time to double it. And then eventually that euphoria ceases and I have to stop taking it for a few days to get any type of effect. But honestly, it does help with the ADHD regardless of euphoria or not.
I'm just a bit worried about when I start college again in the fall that I'll have a super tolerance or something since I've been on it since December now.

This is totally how I am honestly. Once the 70mgs stopped giving me euphoria and such, I was like oh! Time to double it. And then eventually that euphoria ceases and I have to stop taking it for a few days to get any type of effect. But honestly, it does help with the ADHD regardless of euphoria or not.
I'm just a bit worried about when I start college again in the fall that I'll have a super tolerance or something since I've been on it since December now.

Honesty is the Masterkey to win the battle against our twisted addict ego...part of my self disagree on putting my stable sobriety life at risk whit psycho-stim once again, but it would be sad if i ruined the good tool that it can be for school (i agree it help my ADD) because im an recreational excessive self center addict...
I truly wish u good Shady... :)

^Have you tried Dexedrine? I can't stand Adderall (same issues as you list above) but Dexedrine works perfectly. Vyvanse is a prodrug for dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine).

Oh yea I've done lots of dex. I used to get 180 of the 5mg triangles a month off my supplier. It was not uncommon to see me swallow a handfull of orange triangle hahaha. Thing is no one here has Dexadrine. Its either adderall or vyvanse, so I go for the vyvanse :p

whats the best way to prevent nausea while taking vyvanse? I usually eat before I take it, and stay hydrated. Is this all I can really do? I usually take 60mgs and I don't have much experience with stims. Thanks.

If you get nauseous while on any stim, you're most likely over doing it...try a lower dosage maybe? I've also heard that low dose Benadryl can help with nausea, but I'm not a 100% on that one, if anyone can verify that that'd be cool lol.

Honesty is the Masterkey to win the battle against our twisted addict ego...part of my self disagree on putting my stable sobriety life at risk whit psycho-stim once again, but it would be sad if i ruined the good tool that it can be for school (i agree it help my ADD) because im an recreational excessive self center addict...
I truly wish u good Shady... :)

And thanks! I'll figure it out, I always do lol. At least being an addict has given me a better edge on my creativity for getting things I want...which can sometimes also work against mean in terms of drugs and bad behavior lol

If you get nauseous while on any stim, you're most likely over doing it...try a lower dosage maybe? I've also heard that low dose Benadryl can help with nausea, but I'm not a 100% on that one, if anyone can verify that that'd be cool lol.

And thanks! I'll figure it out, I always do lol. At least being an addict has given me a better edge on my creativity for getting things I want...which can sometimes also work against mean in terms of drugs and bad behavior lol

agree...as long as we make a move, we know what to do when its time to get things done! ;)

How do I lower my tolerance to this shit BESIDES taking Magnesium supplements. I have not taken it for four days now, and have exercised (weigh training) every day, along with restful sleep and healthy diet. When I take my next dose on monday (6 days off of it) will the effects be more pronounced? Any suggestions? Thanks guys

is it normal for vyvanse to hit you in waves? i took about 45mg an after about an hour it hit me hard... felt jittery/increased heart rate/sweaty etc.. .then it went away and about 30 minutes later it came back... like in waves... i got the impression this drug was supposed to be a smooth, clean ride. no?

also, in what way is vyvanse extended release? is it E-R because the d-amp isn't active until the l-lysine is removed or even after the l-lysine is removed not all of the d-amp gets into one's bloodstream all at once? it feels like in my experience today the d-amp hit me all at once (around the 1 hour mark post-ingestion).

also... kinda late to ask now but is 30mg fluoxetine + 250ug of buprenorphine going to be OK to combine with vyvanse?

on drugs.com interaction checker it says mixing SSRIs with amphetamines is dangerous and is a risk for serotonin syndrome. how likely is this? it said one women stopped prozac and a week later took 1 dose of phentermine and got jittery, confused, stomach cramps, etc. i'm experiencing those except not really confusion... should i be concerned or is it just jitteriness from a high dose of amphetamine that i took after not taking any amps in years?

also... vyvanse is making me slightly queasy/nauseous and its making me sh!t my brains out... safe to take 2mg loperamide?

Last edited:
it does hit me in kinda wave,sometime it seems to be reactivate when i eat. Did you start at 45mg?(in my country it only goes by 10mgs up) I hope you get some answer to your question soon.

Well for me,i get prescribed 20mg of focalin xr, and i thinkits way better than vyvanse.i have tried it and i think it is kinda a weak up and down stim that last a pretty long time.its almost like a tease. thhe focalin is wayy better, plus you can snort it;)

Well for me,i get prescribed 20mg of focalin xr, and i thinkits way better than vyvanse.i have tried it and i think it is kinda a weak up and down stim that last a pretty long time.its almost like a tease. thhe focalin is wayy better, plus you can snort it;)

actually im glad that i cant snort my vyv...i guest it all about your intention toward the tools and what your tryin to build....
why dont you try to get your self some ''desoxyn'' if you whant a ''real man stim'' !?

...actualy they just changed my vyv dosed(10mgs more) and make me split it in two time (40mgs at 8am & 20mgs around 1pm) will see how it is ,seems like i metabolise it fast...And im carefull to not ask them to up my dose due to the fact that they know my lil speed abuse history

I dont get how that guy cant sleep for 48 hours after a single dose. For me it prooves the vyvanse placebo 12hr bullshit. for me its just a delaying release drug. I mean, my body convert all in 1-2 hours so it takes time to kick but comes strong, peaks high and lasts 3-4 hours only.
for exemple, eat lots of fatty foods and then take a IR dexedrine = Vyvanse ©