• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest (VOTING CLOSED) Round 415: Animals In Nature

Please review all of the submissions from the first post and vote for your favorite!

• 1. ions

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 2. Mr. Krinkle

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 3. kiely

• 4. Xorkoth

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 5. Jerry Atrick

• 6. negrogesic

• 7. Ton Croose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. xtcgrrrl

• 9. F.U.B.A.R.

• 10. mal3volent

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 11. Burnt Offerings

• 12. dreamflyer

• 13. Phobos

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 14. JahBeeuS

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 15. Snafu in the Void

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a lady fox.
She did ask if we had more chicken thighs, as she's got a family to feed.
Next day she brought her husband along to eat.

I was hoping you'd pick up on my millennial joke

new music what does the fox say GIF

Found this beautiful luna moth in my bark yard. I've never seen a green one before.

20230509-180907.jpg

Beautiful! But I didn't know there were any that aren't green... we get a ton of them around my house, and they're always green.

Well, I forgot all about this contest for a while, and glad I did because we got a bunch of great entries! I'll plan to close this down and set it up for voting tomorrow. :)

Beautiful! But I didn't know there were any that aren't green... we get a ton of them around my house, and they're always green.
The only other ones I've seen are white/grey/tan color. But I'm also colorblind so I could be wrong :limp:

Alright, I've set up the first post to contain the entries! Submissions are closed now, but I need the following people who submitted multiple photos to please check which one I picked and let me know if you're good with it, or would rather it be changed to another one you submitted. I chose the one I liked the best in each case. After 24 hours, entries will be set in stone, and I'll open the poll!

@ions (my favorite was definitely your cow costume but it doesn't fit the theme, even though it's an epic photo)
@Mr. Krinkle
@negrogesic
@xtcgrrrl
@mal3volent
@Burnt Offerings
@JahBeeuS

so last night i saw this post before i was heading to bed, and i said oh wow he picked my squirrel pic over my owl pic - i thought my owl pic was cooler

so i look out the window on my way upstairs to go to bed, and it was still slightly light out, and there was a great horned owl standing on the fence in my backyard

that's the owls ive been hearing but not seeing - had the pointy ears and all - couldn't get a pic tho - too dark - it was cool to finally see one tho

one landed on my deck that's outside my bedroom last week, but i didn't get to see him either, just heard him in the middle of the night and i had the door opened because it was hot

🦉

Last edited:
Hey, how's it going? I see the entries, but I can't find the place to cast my vote. Probably just not set up yet.

but wait - i have some really cool pics i should share with you - there was a flock of peafowl living in my neighborhood when i first moved here in 2016....some time later, somebody had them removed around 2018 or 2019....but i still hear one hollering every morning til this day - and it's the male matin call....so they're still around.....what i heard from a neighbor was that there was a guy who moved out sometime in the 80s who had kept peahens and peacocks - and he died and some of them got out - so there's a bunch peafowl running around here now....but anyway - i of course became friends with them by feeding them sunflower seeds....the male was especially my friend - like it started out he used to run away from me if i got within 20 feet of him, and before you know it, i was sneaking up behind him and pulling his tail feathers, just to mess with him and then i'd feed him and he was here all the time and we ended by BFFs - the famales were always here too and they had babies - i was sad to see them go....but anyway here's some pics - and most of them are from my deck and my driveway or a neighbors driveway

JXVy9EIl.jpg

7YWEXjJl.jpg

hsci2gtl.jpg

t3eEGLQl.png

01JqOq3l.jpg

YIPBR84l.jpg

OuLIhp3l.jpg

🦚 :rockon: