• eRok666

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shardzvark

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The Wizard of the Creek

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I'll give this until tomorrow to get some last votes in. It's another close one!

We're sitting at a tie... hopefully someone comes in and breaks it

You have an idea of what title you'd like as your prize?

Also, any ideas for the next round?

Oh.., wohoo, done it is. :D Thanks all! All supporters and contestants too. It would not mean much if your submissions weren't as high-level and lovely as they are. 💙 Thanks.

@Xorkoth I'd go with "resident hermit", for different reasons I guess.

Ad potential next rounds theme: I'm probably a bit biased right now, still a massive lack of color here, haven't seen the sky for weeks! :rolleyes: In November it's usually moist and foggy for some time, but this can be quite interesting, then a week of beautiful late autumn weather with crazy skies, and now it's all undifferentiated white-in-grey, wet snowy icy dark and freakin cold. I'm open for suggestions and please let me know if you had a theme already; not going to check all 400-ish rounds. ;)

Please don't take it personal @The Wizard of the Creek, I'm not into the whole pride thing in general (cause it's intimately linked to ideology which I'm not fond of). Ad japanese beetle: I don't know, possible. I have the urge to educate myself on that, but also want to have the 'courage' to remain uneducated in some areas. *twisted* The bug I caught is indigenous in extended Europe and comes in quite some varieties, some endangered, others not.

Hmm.. :unsure:, let's see, I assume something that's not generic but still leaves lots of room for creative expression and the different personal possibilities/constraints so that everybody can have fun and is a bit challenged at the same time would be desired, right?
  • We could go with something along the lines of flow? It could be the flow state of the mind (coinded by Csikszentmihalyi), or a body of water/people/traffic/stuff etc., or flowing lines in architecture, or flowing color gradients or whatever.
  • Or we could look for some special perscpective? It could be actually a novel/unusual (camera) perspective, or subjects where the context determines the meaning/interpretation of it and so its perspective, or images that just conveys your unique/personal/erratic perspective on something that others would not have guessed.
  • Or for those still famished of color, we could go straight at it. I fould folks like some unique and often unusual color combinations, some novel and pleasing, some hair-raising. We could go berserk on the color pallete, or even go abstract or minimal with it?
What do you think of this? And thanks again for the fun round, still having a questionable batch in my/this life, so this was nice. Greetings. :)

• We could also search for something tender/fragile or precious? From water droplets to ice crystals, puppies to cobwebs, lines of coke in the wind, diamonds to gold nuggets or what else you guys find in your backyards. Could also be a scene or occasion that just emanates these attributes.
  • Or we embrace the suck and go into full-blown winter mode. But that would discriminate against those from the southern hemisphere or those living in the desert or on some paradisiac tropical island near the equator, wouldn't it? But we could aim at something that represents/symbolizes the qualities of winter, of historical hardship, of holding on to resources, stillness, silent beauty, retreat? (Perhaps leave out frostbite, starvation and death.)
  • Or try to unveil the mystery? What makes a foggy landscape mysterious? Or the mystery of abandoned artifacts, historical places, rituals, the attraction of drugs, the unknown? Let's find out.
I'm just shooting from the hip here (no pun intended), feel free to bark at me. 😬 (Shut up, you won't live up to non of these suggestions, says the mind. 😖)

Great ideas! let me think about it. What's your preference? In the meantime, I'll give you that title.

Correct, though sometimes it ends up being a group decision if the winner isn't adamant on something.