• eRok666

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shardzvark

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The Wizard of the Creek

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know where CFC is. :( Let's try to drum up traffic to this thread. You guys can help. :)

*promote promote promote*

For putting the size into perspective; this beetle wasn't exactly huge, not even half the size of a fingernail:

For @F.U.B.A.R. since you like insects. This is an attempted handheld focus stack with two images; worked reasonable within the boundaries of what was possible but produced some artifacts (at the bottom) due to rather different composition (..junkies don't have steady hands, *half-joking*). It shows that the front tentacles are shiny as well. Belly also. Apparently beetles mate, so if they have something resembling a joystick of any kind, i'll bet it's shiny too! This little critter is the real deal..

For @F.U.B.A.R. since you like insects. This is an attempted handheld focus stack with two images; worked reasonable within the boundaries of what was possible but produced some artifacts (at the bottom) due to rather different composition (..junkies don't have steady hands, *half-joking*). It shows that the front tentacles are shiny as well. Belly also. Apparently beetles mate, so if they have something resembling a joystick of any kind, i'll bet it's shiny too! This little critter is the real deal..
Does the critter bite? It really is incredible looking!!! Those colours!

I wish I knew what a "handheld focus stack" is, but I want one! 😜

Anyway, ya got my vote bud...

Does the critter bite? It really is incredible looking!!! Those colours!
Glad you enjoyed it. :) If they bite? I'm pretty certain they can bite; presumably each other. 😁 If a giant thumb appearing in the field of view is perceived as a threat of some sort or generally worth biting for a beetle, I don't know. Would I have noticed? I'm not sure either.

But it's fun to think about it, ..and enriching in a way, cause it gives a feel to how limited, conditioned and relative our perception of the world really is.

Since we are engaging in self-promotion, take a look at my vibrant, trippy picture of wind-tossed water.
I like (or attempt) to see this more as an accasion to share and see nice photographs (as many here regularly point out/express also) and keep ego out of it; not saying you don't of course. Since I'm half water rat, you got my vote. :giggle:

I was about to write a Phd about your second pool image as you posted it, but got a hold of myself in the last second. 😄 It's quite different from your first (which fits the theme better btw.) but has some distinct and intriguing features as well.

Edit: True, but I'm not sure if the chlorine in the pool water would do them any good, perhaps bleach away the colors too? :cry:

Last edited:
You’ve got me dancing as fast as I can @bongdong!
Your photo is amazing ❤️, and there is only so much I can mention about my photo.
I feel shy now.

20 entries, but only 19 votes :unsure:

Someone's holding back for a tiebreaker...

I haven't voted yet 🤔

Who voted for me by the way I'm not above a little quid pro quo 😏

I went with hydro.. love, I have tickets to WSP at the Chicago Theatre as soon as they fire back up. Can't fkn wait.

allot of amazing entries..

Diz, mal, cduggles,

BK38 made my heart skip as that woman is so similar to one of my life loves. The reflected sunlight is fire.

I find myself voting for hydro most competitions tbh.
Hard round this time around, all the entries are good....