• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

visual snow disorder.

For me the background 'snow' is less obvious with eyes open. Mind you even when closed I have to kinda relax my gaze (weird to say that when I'm talking about eyes shut :D) to see past the sparkles.

When my eyes are tired the sparkles are a little different - it looks like there's a field glow or energy in everything where if I am not tired the sparkles are more evident.

I want to go to an eye document to check it out but they won't know or help for shit.. I also have had tinnitus for the last 4+ years and maybe a doc could help me with it but I highly doubt it. I had scarlet fever 4 yrs ago and the said I was fine. Next day im in the hospital and bam. Diagnosis.
I have a hearing thing too. Not tinnitus though. I have a constant high pitched noise, barely detectable and easy to ignore if I am doing other things. I've compared it to a sig-gen on the PC and its around 16,750Hz. It doesn't particularly interfere with anything but although I say constant it does alter at times.

On occasion it deepens and sounds for all the world like an old TV circuit warming up. Sometimes it is louder - salvia caused it to be quite 'up front' and sometimes when drunk and laying in a quiet room it is bloody obvious.

It's not my ears - blocking them does no good, laying one ear to pillow has no effect. Locationally it comes from the centre of the rear of my head.

Although most of the time I'm not aware of it, there's been maybe 3 times I can recall it went away for a short time - each time I wasn't consciously aware of it being there but I noticed the instant it stopped.

For me the background 'snow' is less obvious with eyes open. Mind you even when closed I have to kinda relax my gaze (weird to say that when I'm talking about eyes shut :D) to see past the sparkles.

When my eyes are tired the sparkles are a little different - it looks like there's a field glow or energy in everything where if I am not tired the sparkles are more evident.
No I totally get it :)

I have a hearing thing too. Not tinnitus though. I have a constant high pitched noise, barely detectable and easy to ignore if I am doing other things. I've compared it to a sig-gen on the PC and its around 16,750Hz. It doesn't particularly interfere with anything but although I say constant it does alter at times.

On occasion it deepens and sounds for all the world like an old TV circuit warming up. Sometimes it is louder - salvia caused it to be quite 'up front' and sometimes when drunk and laying in a quiet room it is bloody obvious.

It's not my ears - blocking them does no good, laying one ear to pillow has no effect. Locationally it comes from the centre of the rear of my head.

Although most of the time I'm not aware of it, there's been maybe 3 times I can recall it went away for a short time - each time I wasn't consciously aware of it being there but I noticed the instant it stopped.
Yeah it's like it's in my head too. It changes frequencies sometimes and when its quiet around me it's so Fucking loud

Ever used a mind machine for hemisync? That creates some amazing effects, with the sparkles, particularly when the flashing stops and you lay with your eyes closed. I have a set that only works with WinXP and I keep meaning to set up a PC to use them again.

These are a much fancier version than what I have but work the same...
lightframes_bk.jpg

Ever used a mind machine for hemisync? That creates some amazing effects, with the sparkles, particularly when the flashing stops and you lay with your eyes closed. I have a set that only works with WinXP and I keep meaning to set up a PC to use them again.

These are a much fancier version than what I have but work the same...
lightframes_bk.jpg
No I haven't but on YouTube I saved a video that flickers at a certain rate so if you close your eyes and put your nose almost against the screen you kinda get hallucinations

There's also isochronic tones you can use, although I am more used to the hemisync or holosync. (same thing, one was patented)

But the LED's flicker at the same rate as the binaural sounds you have in the headphones and the effects when the LED's stop are amazing - so much so that they, all by themselves, stopped me worrying about what the sparkles were and instead focussing on trying to understand them.

In case you don't know - hemi/holosync are binaural beats. If we send (say) 200Hz sound to the left ear and 206Hz to the right ear, the brain 'constructs' a 6Hz 'beat' in the middle of the brain. If we leave it at that for around 7 minutes, the brain 'entrains' to that beat. Effectively that means you've just entered Theta wave territory, the level most meditation aims for... IN 7 MINUTES!

You can set the level wherever you wish and also play around with inserting different frequencies at particular moments to 'kick' the brain a little and produce some very interesting effects. And you can underlay the beats with instructions, perhaps directing you to focus on chakras, or 'perceive' at a location, or leave your body.

One does wonder just why it is an Evolution-built brain might have such abilities. :D Which is why I started on the path that led to this thread. :D

To start off, I don't drink or do drugs. I see black in front of my eyes. Not totally black, just like it's always a really cloudy day, inside and outside. That is my vision at times on a super - sunny day. My vision gets blackened. Sorta like how they do the bluish effect in movies is the best I can explain it.
I tried telling it to a doctor, but he didn't really know what I'm talking about.

I've had it when I was taking LSD daily in my late teens/early 20s, using cannabis frequently, and when I took mushrooms. Sometimes I'll get it when I'm in a room in florescent light and I'm tired.

To start off, I don't drink or do drugs. I see black in front of my eyes. Not totally black, just like it's always a really cloudy day, inside and outside. That is my vision at times on a super - sunny day. My vision gets blackened. Sorta like how they do the bluish effect in movies is the best I can explain it.
I tried telling it to a doctor, but he didn't really know what I'm talking about.
That's not visual snow disorder, but something that could be checked out

Something odd...

Couple of days back I had to go get a Nuclear scan for a foot issue. Basically they inject a mildly radioactive substance and you come back later for a scan. The do a couple that are the nuclear scan then a CT scan - the nuclear gives them metabolic info and the CT nails the location.

So... while the nuclear scan is being done, I'm laying there with eyes closed (it's about 10 minutes each scan) and noticed a difference in my 'visual snow' effects.

It was more difficult than usual to notice the VS because the 'vortex' effect was so strong.

Normally I see a large slightly electric blue (like a pale blue spark colour in a circle but with bits 'spitting' out from it.Imagine a plate of some light blue glowing stuff that is sparking - you can't see the parks coming at you but the ones going sideways change the smooth circle into something more like a Sun.

The circle gets smaller and slightly brighter until it turns into a few bright spots and disappears, byut by that time the next 'vortex' is already there and getting smaller.

So, in the scan periods, the colour was much more vivid, closer to a blue LED light of blue. Got very bright as the circle got to the centre, but it wasn't really a circle. For the first time I can recall, the circle was heavily distorted, sometimes looking like something had taken bites out of it and sometimes kinda stretched and twisted. Also I had other smaller vortex-type effects out to the edges, sometimes top and outer eye, sometimes bottom and outer - the inner eye area was where the larger 'blobs' were.

It didn't happen for the CT scan, only the nuclear, so it wasn't the radio-dye stuff.

I asked about the scan and she said the nuclear one was passive - it was more like a photograph in that it picks up the radioactive emissions rather than sending any kind of beam at the site.

I've always thought more information would help me work out just what gives with my visions (& Dr Katz's) effects, but this is just more confusing... :(

Something odd...

Couple of days back I had to go get a Nuclear scan for a foot issue. Basically they inject a mildly radioactive substance and you come back later for a scan. The do a couple that are the nuclear scan then a CT scan - the nuclear gives them metabolic info and the CT nails the location.

So... while the nuclear scan is being done, I'm laying there with eyes closed (it's about 10 minutes each scan) and noticed a difference in my 'visual snow' effects.

It was more difficult than usual to notice the VS because the 'vortex' effect was so strong.

Normally I see a large slightly electric blue (like a pale blue spark colour in a circle but with bits 'spitting' out from it.Imagine a plate of some light blue glowing stuff that is sparking - you can't see the parks coming at you but the ones going sideways change the smooth circle into something more like a Sun.

The circle gets smaller and slightly brighter until it turns into a few bright spots and disappears, byut by that time the next 'vortex' is already there and getting smaller.

So, in the scan periods, the colour was much more vivid, closer to a blue LED light of blue. Got very bright as the circle got to the centre, but it wasn't really a circle. For the first time I can recall, the circle was heavily distorted, sometimes looking like something had taken bites out of it and sometimes kinda stretched and twisted. Also I had other smaller vortex-type effects out to the edges, sometimes top and outer eye, sometimes bottom and outer - the inner eye area was where the larger 'blobs' were.

It didn't happen for the CT scan, only the nuclear, so it wasn't the radio-dye stuff.

I asked about the scan and she said the nuclear one was passive - it was more like a photograph in that it picks up the radioactive emissions rather than sending any kind of beam at the site.

I've always thought more information would help me work out just what gives with my visions (& Dr Katz's) effects, but this is just more confusing... :(
That's so interesting. I wish people knew more about it. I'd like to know why some of us get it

That's so interesting. I wish people knew more about it. I'd like to know why some of us get it
LOL - I'm just happy that after all these years I have found someone who knows what I am talking about. :D

I get the EXACT same thing as well. It's kinda like static on a TV, but bluish. I get the circle too. It only appears every now and then. It's like a circle of light which I can see with my eyes open, but MUCH better when closed. Most of the time the circle isn't fully formed, but it ends up forming as I watch it.