• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Viberzi (eluxadoline) new opiod for IBS

bingey

Bluelight Crew
Ok so the FDA has approved a mixed agonist/antagonist for the treatment of IBS , the idea is that it effects mu receptors in the gut primarily and slows down intestinal motility.Eluxadoline is an agonist at Mu(afffinityof 1.2 nM) and, delta receptors (412 nM ) which are responsible for analgesia and euphoria and antagonist at the kappa receptors 55 nM . Now of course I was wondering where does this new opiod fall on the abusability scale , is it a souped up loperamide worthless for even somebody without a tolerance or might it just be worth a barely tolerant opiod lovers time? is te

Here is a link to the prescribers guidellines : http://pi.actavis.com/data_stream.asp?product_group=1979&p=pi&language=Es

It is made in 100 mg tablets and the recommended therapeutic dose for people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome is up to 200 mg a day

now as for the abuse potential monkeys were shown to self administer it. In a trial with opiod abusers oral doses ranging from 300-1000 mg or intranasal doses of 100 - 200 mg produced euphoria in up to 1 out of 3 test subjects. As ab example recreative opiate users report euphoria in 44-76% of cases with oxycodone for Eluxaldoine this figure drops to 14-28%.

Habituated monkeys showed no withdrawal symptoms (but as we all know this claim doesnt even hold true with loperamide so why would it with a centrally active mu agonist?

So any opinions on the recreative potential or better yet actual experiences?

^
I doubt it in the us there is a big market for new opiods . Like Tapentadol is still not available im the Netherlands.

^Shit, I suffer from IBS myself and it would be great to have an opiate that helps and has recreational potential

looks like it definitely has recreational potential... feeling of euphoria, drunkeness.... it will probably be schedule IV, according to that paper.
Old post I know.
I have samples of this to try.
I have bad IBS-D and I can say it is indeed better than trams. This is ok.

Yeah, I want to try. Saw the commercial with the like CIV on it so I had to look it up! I thought it was just a better Lomotil but it sounds promising, at least by one bluelighter, to get a high.

Yeah I saw the commercial and it being controlled. I think what it will come down to is does it just effect opiate receptors in the gut. I wonder how much of it goes through the blood brain barrier. Loperimide really doesn't get in the brain at all. Since it's a New drug. More will be revealed. But I can almost bet it has more recreational value than loperimide. Heck its available over the counter. Does anyone know how expensive this medicine is? Knowing it's name brand.

Update:
I think Viberzi does cross the BBB and it helps with gut pain and diarrhea. Great med. Cheap if you pay cash. The VA gave me mine. Free for us broke ass vets.

I have tried it a bit at doses of 100mg to 200mg orally with main effects occurring in the gut. I have more opiate/oid experience than I wish too :) I've read reports of IV use comparable to oxycodone as well as a fellow bluelighter indicated that it was "better than trams".

All it did for me was cause constipation, bloating, and gas with mild mu receptor activity. Granted I have a tolerance, not much these days, but currently using hydrocodone 20mg a day or 10g bali BID for pain management.

To be honest, I'm afraid to attempt a recreational dose. I have used lomotil (diphenoxylate/atropine) to stave off WD in supratherapeutic doses and that caused constipation so horrid that I nearly presented to the emergency department. I suffer from an undiagnosed IBD (doc and my opinion, so far scope is unsuccessful) so I've run the gambit of these opioids that target the gut.

I am curious too though, if others have success with recreational use of this compound?
It appears to be beneficial for ibs sufferers as indicated on ibs boards with the reduction in pain and cramping. It caused me more cramping.

I've received quite a bit of "samples" of this medication from a practionier and there it sits...

I'm concerned due to the fact that this is a mixed agonist/antagonist and may decrease the effects of hydrocodone or kratom (though kratom has antagonistic properties as well).

I just recieved it(a whold bunch of samples)100mg. I took just one to make sure I didnt have any issues before asking for a script. I have IBS-d and when it flares up its the worst. Having said that I always have kept hundreds of lomotil and librax on hand. So Im going to ask for a few hundred of these. As far as I can tell it may have a fairly good feel if the shit starts to flow. I let you all know if I get a stomach virus because I will be swallowing them and lomotil to stop the volcano effect. I took one though and it seems pretty clean and potent for any abusers...But I dont know why anyone would want to be constipated...I love this website by the way. Cool threads!

I knew someone who got a script but didn't fill it after the read the side effects, because they may or may not have a shot liver, and crappy insurance lol.

If nothing else I would like to find out if it's a safer alternative to Immodium.

FDA issued a warning on Loperamide earlier in 2016 warning that Loperamide carries almost all of the same risks as METHADONE, especially in high doses.....and given how bad I react to methadone I'm shying away from Immodium as an Anti-d med.

I'm really curious to hear more input from Viberzi users soon....

Go with the flow

I knew someone who got a script but didn't fill it after the read the side effects, because they may or may not have a shot liver, and crappy insurance lol.

If nothing else I would like to find out if it's a safer alternative to Immodium.

FDA issued a warning on Loperamide earlier in 2016 warning that Loperamide carries almost all of the same risks as METHADONE, especially in high doses.....and given how bad I react to methadone I'm shying away from Immodium as an Anti-d med.

I'm really curious to hear more input from Viberzi users soon....

Viberzi (eluxadoline) is a mu-opioid receptor agonist used in adults to treat irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea (IBS-D). Common side effects of Viberzi include constipation, nausea, and abdominal pain. The recommended dosage of Viberzi in adults is 100 mg twice daily, taken with food

I have been given viberzi for my IBS-D and im not really liking the way it is making me me feel. I thought it was crazy to feel as if i kinda felt high. So i have been searching for opinions on how it might be making other people feel and found this thread. I also did read that some people have tried it through IV and got high. so why is this medicine giving me this feeling, its hard to describe how i feel but I do know it feels to be on herion being a heavy user way back in the day. but i dont feel completely the same way. im not just so sure if i want to keep taking this med so im going to take to my doctor about other options

Well sure enough Im just recovering from a nasty bout of IBS----I didnt feel the Viberzi was that helpful or at least I had to take the lomotil and librax with it. The work I do I cant be away from my post so often and I wouldnt trust Viberzi for that. Taking it BID it felt sort of wierd Ok I guess....

:\ My issue is IBS with constipation, so my problem is opposite yours.

I just spent last week going through the HELL of partial obstruction. Tests, including CTs and Gastrografin enema revealed "no mechanical reason" for constipation.

This keeps happening, though I've tried EVERYTHING available. The past year I've been prescribed Linzess 290. Even that was not enough to move stool through to my descending colon. Now I'm prescribed Amitiza and 2 caps of Miralax twice daily.

FWIW, I spent most of my childhood and twenties with IBS with diarrhea (severe). I took Lomotil tablets to control it. It morphed into EXTREME CONSTIPATION.

My best to those who suffer with IBS...either way is torture!

right now it sucks either way yea viberzi is working and i have no diarrhea but im tired right now having a hard time staying awake...i just dont like the way it makes me feel. I have a headache right now cuz i want to go to sleep but I cant. I see the doc tomorrow lets see what she says....and i also read that viberzi might be right for you if you dont ahve a gallbladder which i dont so i wonder why she prescribed it to me.

Constipation is probably the worst. When I started getting the bad runs I went thru all the test and they found nothing. Apparently our gut has a mind of its own. My proctologist started becoming more of a psychologist when I saw him. This was about 20 years ago when I had IBS-D the worst. I had also run up $50000.00 in debt too lol. Looking back now I think the two were linked. Today Im blessed and doing well with finance after that lesson. My gut I guess changed cuz I do get IBS D occasionally with nausea and also constipation. Ive found bran at night helps with that. Well my best wishes to you!