• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very weird/scary thing that happens to me when I trip on cubensis mushrooms.

hmmm i cant fucking sleep for hours after a shroom trip let alone passing out during weirdddd

This reminds me of another strange thing that happens to me on dmt and mushrooms which I have also never heard or read about, namely uncontrollable rapid eye movement (with eyes open). Unlike the whooOOOOOoomp thing this actually feels really uncomfortable, but subsides completely as soon as I shut my eyes again. Any ideas?

That could just be nystagmus. I get that a lot on high doses of 2C-I or 2C-E. Also on methylone, though it feels a lot nicer for some reason when I'm on that. Nystagmus on 2Cs feels kind of weird and uncomfortable for me.

I don't think it's anything to get too worried about, though it can be a sign of toxicity if you have an extreme case of it, so maybe you should try a lower dose next time and see if it goes away.

As for the "wwhhhhhoooooooMMMMMMMMMMMM" stuff, it kind of sounds like a hypnagogic jerk or maybe a brief episode of sleep paralysis to me. I get that stuff sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep (not on drugs :)). All it is is the different neural circuits in your brain that are involved in making you sleep get out of sync sometimes and some of them kick in a little too early, and that makes you experience weird sensations like vertigo or muscle twitching or loud noises. (Be grateful that you aren't also being visited by The Hag when this happens!)

Though I don't know why you would be falling asleep on shrooms in the first place. I tend to find tryptamines more relaxing than phenethylamines, but not *that* relaxing. ;) Serotonin is involved in regulating sleep cycles, so maybe there's some connection there. I'm not really sure.

Last edited:
Does it, by any chance, feel similar to the feeling you get when trying to stand up too quick?

Psilocin is a vasoconstrictor, and so it cuts off blood flow to the extremities, this means a "greyout" is more likely to happen.

However, I've also had weird sounds and rushes on psychedelics so there may be no rational explanation for it other than it being part of the experience.

Do any other psychedelics cause the same thing for you?

Passing out on drugs is not my thing man. It's scary to me. The loud whoooom is what is scary about it. It comes with a sort of pressure, almost like a big ZAP kind of feeling. Trust me, when it happens, my brain screams WHOA WTF WAS THAT and it doesn't leave me with a good feeling about it. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I dunno man I don't like it.
Everyone around me tripped balls on Salvia. I just passed out on it and this is exactly what happened. Not on shrooms. You are not incompatible. I have diagnosed ADD, you might too. And your defense remark shows some OCD as well. Don't take these as offenses, see if you have them and you might benefit from my blunt judgments. I don't mind your paranoia, especially if you are prone to seizures, and may I ask if you get paranoid from weed or does it relax you? Certainly paranoids me.

Dwanye, I agree completely about the feedback loop, but where else would you voice such concerns? In real life I didn't know people could get paranoid from weed, but I did and I knew there was something fucked up. Then I realized that people do get paranoid, but they don't know or won't admit to it. This happened right before I took Adderall in my life so I hope that doesn't play a factor in it. Also keep an open mind that our environment (especially food!) has changed dramatically. Yes most of them are bullshit, but some of them aren't. I believe in mass hysteria, and I suppose I'm part of it as well. Natural substances don't mean nothing bad will happen, try to trip off Hemlock or enough Datura, you're gonna fucking die. I'm sure you won't take offense, I wish I just could have said it in better way than "you're gonna fucking die" but saying perish or dissolve might not be the best context. If you could think of a better way for me to say that I would love to hear from you (PM even), even though this is completely off fucking topic.

Sorry for the late response, had a good long weekend.

Thanks for not lashing back. I went back and revisited my post and I think I got just a tad too defensive, sorry about that. I probably made myself look in denial. :p

Another thing I thought of which could also be a factor in how you are hearing more and more about these kind of things is the fact that life evolves over time. In 30+ years time, not only have the mushrooms evolved a little bit, but humans have too. Yeah, it's not a whole lot of evolution, real change takes centuries, but maybe it is slight changes that cause slightly different effects?

It's good to hear some more of you seem to have similar experiences. I have tripped on salvia several times, and yes, I broke through and all, another dimension, all that. It's somewhat similar to that, but unfortunately it's really hard to recall the come-up of a salvia trip when you break through. You suddenly wake up wondering WTF just happened, and don't realize you just smoked salvia for a couple minutes lol...

I just blacked out on it and didn't even trip. Maybe I did it wrong? Everyone else did, but I didn't and I also did not want to appear greedy. Maybe I hit it wrong, but its like a whoosh, echo, and then I black out. I wake up 30 seconds later, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED.
The second time I was with my friend and I heard the echo 'haha its like deja vu' since I just passed out again.

It might not be evolution persay, but more like situations. We have so much technology to do work for us, but yet instead we are burdened with more since we can do more now. You may be stressed, maybe you ate something that didn't agree with you, or the mushrooms were grown differently?

I would bet that it is VERY likely due to the medication you are on. Particularly because it's a psychiatric drug (bipolar/depression) (works with serotonin, other chemicals that the psychs due) and also taken for seizures (there could be some weird reaction there). Not all psychedelics are the same.

It does not sound safe, but I'm not there. Mixing psychiatric medications and psychs CAN be very dangerous, but usually isn't (aka the medication interaction friend, find it in the PD super thread list). BUT individuals vary a lot, so it's possible it's weird for you. You can be the only judge of if this is bad for your health, but um, remember, please, that your life and health are not worth nearly as much as a trip on mushrooms.

If you ARE taking lamictal for depression/bipolar/whatever, you should be MUCH more careful about making sure your medications will not KILL YOU. Lamictal is safer, but it's very common for people on lithium to have seizures for on psychs (and that's the other standard bipolar medication, so if you're on lamictal for that, and switch for whatever reason, DON'T FUCKING COMBINE THEM). A lot of things are safe, but it's YOUR LIFE. IT IS NOT WORTH LOSING OVER DRUGS.

Mmmkay. Mom out. Not trying to be mean or harsh, but so many fucking people are like "Oh I'm on this and this and this" and it's like "HOLY SHIT YOU DUMBASS!" Met a guy recently who was on lithium and doing tons of psychs... and he thinks he's all knowledgeable... (not to say I am, but he's an ass about it). Knowledge is power, and you should know a lot about the drugs (both prescribed and otherwise) that you allow to alter your consciousness.

You're very right, hence my thread. I did a bunch of research before I even looked at mushrooms to make sure I'd be safe, no interactions with anything else I take, even interactions with other drugs I use occasionally just to be 10000000% sure. I never touch a drug before I research the crap out of it, ask questions, get knowledge, find out how to protect myself from damage, etc.. I honestly feel that if I was any more careful about drugs I'd be abstinent. :p

I read several trip reports on the net about others on lamotrigine and tripping on mushrooms and turning out fine. I'm still not convinced that my meds had nothing to do with it, but it's looking unlikely. Either way, I literally just left a message for my doctor about tapering off because I'm 1.5 months away from not having health coverage. :(

Never gotten any sounds like you describe, but I've almost passed out from mushrooms the last couple times I've done them. My vision starts to black out and I kinda waver, until I crouch with my head below my heart. Nausea usually accompanies this. I also think it's a blood pressure thing. Mine is kinda low to begin with. I think if I ever do mushrooms again, it'll be a hippy flip--maybe the MDMA would raise my bp enough to prevent that from happening?

I think I know what you're talking about, sometimes on the way up I get these really strong beats running through my body like an incredibly loud sound which I can't hear and it feels like my mind is getting pulled out through my eyes. I always freak out at the last minute and pull myself back to reality but I'm trying to get myself in a position where I let it take me and see where it goes. It's not such a problem for me but if you don't like the feeling (and it's the same one I'm talking about) then I'd recommend just pulling yourself back before you go whether it's planning on taking you. Good luck :)

Shrooms (and psychs in general) can make you much more aware of your body/mind, and problems within them. When I trip sometimes I realize I've been slouching waaaay too much as my lower back won't stop bugging me and I can't stop thinking about it.

I can get a "buzz" in my body while relaxing then feel desperately like I need to "jolt" or "twitch", "tick" when i'm on mushrooms, or mescaline too, but I actually attributed that to my physical tourettes.

odd to see others might be experiencing the same thing without having any neurological disorders. mine is incredibly mild but high dose mushrooms have me ticking, and trichocereus peruvianus had me going off really badly with it, during a day when I take no drugs at all I might only twitch (tick) twice but during the peak of these trips I just lay there and manage the leg jolting/ shoulder twitches.

This happened to me a few times on acid. It was like I was about to fall asleep, really relaxed laying down. The last time it was a little violent and it hurt, which led to my investigation. Still haven't been able to find out what it is. All I know is that afterwards I was scared to sleep because I thought something seriously wrong happened and that if I feel asleep I wouldn't wake back up. This happened almost a week ago and I've had a headache since. I don't take medication, I don't like pharmaceuticals.