• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Very strange MDMA experience

cassius14

Bluelighter
So I bought 5 caps off a friend, I opened them up and they had small crystal shards of a clear/brown tinge complexion).
Now I took a drug holiday to roll last night, so I cut out venlafaxine for a few days.

I took first two and I felt pretty good, nice warm happy buzzing feelings. Got into the club and my friend bought us all these drinks and I felt even better, I went inside and took another 3 caps.

Then I was charging feeling good, but all of a sudden got a huge overhaul feeling of anxiety. Like I saw a girl there who I dont really have feelings for, but suddenly was totally cut up and upset she was with another guy. This has pretty much never happened to me. I suddenly became hugely withdrawl socially and didn't want to dance.
Any ideas of the cause?

I havent taken mdma for about 6 months prior, prior that im actually pretty good with it; very social, always making out with girls etc.

Last edited:
Aside from the obligatory test your drugs and 5 caps??? Bit much don't you think? Consider yourself lucky you obviously got cut product or in a more unfortunate scenario something like methylone (?).

That aside and assuming you just got sold somewhat cut/impure MDMA this doesn't sound too far fetched. All about set and setting as we all know, and I guess your mindset went the wrong direction when you saw the girl. Perhaps it was timed inconveniently with the passing of a rush/wave? not sure. In any case, the last time I rolled I was out with my girlfriend and her mate clubbing. We all took varying doses of exactly the same tested, uncut crystal (capped by myself). Myself and my girl were having a great time, though her friend's roll and euphoric high was suddenly killed and turned to an upset/depressed state at one point. Not absolutely sure what triggered it, though it was most certainly his mindset as he's been single with no action for quite some while now, and I suppose struggling to enjoy the night "alone" in that regard. It's only his second time rolling, last time being 5 weeks prior (no similar occurrence of sudden crashing).

The above is anecdotal evidence it can happen, though I suppose there's still a number of variables involved. On top of the above, his sudden downer mood change killed my high too. I suddenly felt really sober. Like almost baseline with regards to euphoria/mental aspects of MDMA, and left with only a mild stimulant buzz if anything....so I opted that we all go home, which the others agreed. Though when I got back home to my place with the girlfriend and her mate had gone home, it was almost as though I'd taken a very small redose and everything kicked back into gear. Straight to the bedroom, as you can imagine ;)

I trust this source. MDMA is usually pretty pure if its mostly clear crystal with a brown tinge I've been told, and my same source has given me mdma that has turned my anxiety/social anxiety/stressed into an amazing awesome peaking night

Youre right my mentality would of had an effect, but do you think mixing booze and stopping antidepressants for a few days (which meant I had an over all higher anxiety for a few days) would of contributed it too?

MDMA is usually pretty pure if its mostly clear crystal with a brown tinge I've been told

This is simply not true, the appearance of your MDMA doesn't tell you anything about its purity.

5 caps, if your friend sells good `caps` you're probably looking at 100mg per cap. That's 1/2 a gram in total, If I took 200mg followed by 300mg I'd probably crash pretty hard.

I trust this source. MDMA is usually pretty pure if its mostly clear crystal with a brown tinge I've been told

Come on, even the stupidest people in the world realise that millions of things can be made to look like browny clear crystals.

I trust this source

This is naiive. Even your best friend might not know what he's selling. It's not always the fact that the dealer is lying, but instead they don't even know exactly what they're selling. The only thing you can trust is a test kit.

MDMA is usually pretty pure if its mostly clear crystal with a brown tinge I've been told

You've been told lies. The purest of MDMA would be see-through with no odour or substantial colouring. Any colouring is a sign of impurity. Once again, don't listen to dealers they don't know anything.

my same source has given me mdma that has turned my anxiety/social anxiety/stressed into an amazing awesome peaking night

Trying to determine what drug you've taken by the effects is a pointless task. A whole host of drugs reduce anxiety and make you feel good.

Like I saw a girl there who I dont really have feelings for, but suddenly was totally cut up and upset she was with another guy. This has pretty much never happened to me. I suddenly became hugely withdrawl socially and didn't want to dance.

Considering we don't know what you took, it's hard to know why this happened. But, it is possible for MDMA to bring out deep emotions.

Everyone has called you out on your ignorance. Take something away from this......

Will definitely 100% look into getting a test kits. I appreciate your concern guys.

Do you guys think pretty much drugs screwed with my perception of everything? It's just every other time I have rolled I am 100% happy, dancing, kissing randoms; but when I saw this girl who always liked me, but I never liked her (I used to make out with her friend) when I saw her with another guy it totally destroyed me. I was thinking maybe mixing alcohol and mdma was responsible for me feeling like shit

For arguments sake say each cap was 100mg and I took 500mg, would this be a typical reaction? ie. over-emotional?

It wasn't the drug that made you feel that way as such, but it certainly added to the emotional swing. Everyone reacts differently, YMMV, etc etc....but at the end of the day, you just had a bad mindset as far as this unpleasant event is concerned, which synergised in an undesirable way with the emotions and feelings brought on by excessive MDMA in your system.

500mg of real mdma would make the average person delirious to the point where someone would have to take care of them.