• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very long nitrous trip. Literally hours.

If you can blow up a balloon, you can control the flow coming out of it.

I have (seen this)

I don't think that's necessarily a problem with the dispenser, I think it's a problem with the user. I'm sure it's possible to inhale the balloon and die, too, but it seems like it would take some stupidity to accomplish, so I wouldn't count it against the balloon.

I don't think that's necessarily a problem with the dispenser, I think it's a problem with the user. I'm sure it's possible to inhale the balloon and die, too, but it seems like it would take some stupidity to accomplish, so I wouldn't count it against the balloon.

Agreed... I saw someone about to put a cracker straight into their mouth without a balloon on it..., so you cant ever discount stupidity... but the guy I saw was an experienced NOS person who just forgot to stop the gas when his lungs were full... afterwards he said he forgot about everything and just kept squeezing the release until he collapsed. (with a balloon it wont force more into your lungs as it doesnt have the pressure)

I've done similar and forgot I was holding my breath until I turned blue and my mates intervened (this can happen no matter how you inhale NOS), so I know how to be stupid too... actually that was the wakeup to tell me I was overdoing it... but did I listen?

Last edited:
Even if I used balloons, I would still use my dispenser to fill them. I'd probably use something like a mylar bag though instead of a balloon if I were going to do that.

I sometimes use a dispenser to fill them and yes they're better than a cracker for this, epecially dealing with the cold (from pressure release) and doubling up a balloon.... but they're big and clumsy to carry around... especially getting them into a festival

I remember when I was researching it last year all the advise was not to use Mylar... I cant remember exactly why, but I think it was something to do with lack of elasticity and narrow neck... whereas a good quality Natural Rubber Latex helium balloon lasts the longest (no seepage and very reusable)

Last edited:
Ok, I'm going to sleep now.

But for anyone who opens this that has knowledge of nitrous (because my story relates) please comment either in my "asthma attack from nitrous thread" in the OD section or to me in a PM.

I just want to know if it's reasonably safe for me to use some more nitrous over the next couple of days considering what I did to myself, or if I ACTUALLY caused myself a REAL HYPOXIC asthmatic state...which I am unsure of since it was PARTIALLY combined with a panic attack from vaping some weed.

If it's not safe to even use more moderate amounts of nitrous for just 3 more days on my vacation, and what I did to myself could result in serious after effects or death and not just TEMPORARY asthma and/or panic...then please let me know because I am REALLY enjoying nitrous, but I don't want to do serious damage to myself or stop breathing permanently somehow from inhaling too much nitrous...