• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Very curious about this, can anyone help?

OP: Here is some food for though; Addiction and dependence are two different things. They do go hand in hand when it comes to opiates though. Right now while you are dependent on Bupe, you can work through the problems that caused your addiction in the first place. When I was on bupe my emotions were all over the place and I had a hard time controlling my urges which led me to active use again. Keep working on your problems with the help of therapists, drug counselors, family etc. This will help you develop a support network and when you do take the plunge you will come out better in the end.

You should check out Sober Living forum. There are a lot of people there that have been through, or are going through the changes you are experiencing.

@Justtakethat: Growing up I was told that if I did not have something worthwhile to add to a conversation then I should be quiet and listen. Someday I hope you understand why this is a valuable skill.
Im adding information to help her withdrawal and get non dependant. She is saying maybe if she keeps using bupe daily then maybe later it will be even easier? Why not just get it over with now ur never gunna not want an opiate high. And she is ordering some promethazine and i was letting her know that it will increase her high. Maybe its not worthwhile if ur stuck in the mindset if "addiction is a disease or something where the pwrson has no willpower or control over there own action" because i know for a fact that its absolutely to do with willpower.

Im adding information to help her withdrawal and get non dependant. She is saying maybe if she keeps using bupe daily then maybe later it will be even easier? Why not just get it over with now ur never gunna not want an opiate high. And she is ordering some promethazine and i was letting her know that it will increase her high. Maybe its not worthwhile if ur stuck in the mindset if "addiction is a disease or something where the pwrson has no willpower or control over there own action" because i know for a fact that its absolutely to do with willpower.

But if I quit bupe now when I'm still having major cravings, I'm more likely to fail, I can see what ur tryna say, but not everyone's the same, what works for one won't work for another....