Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Various questions on HBWR Seeds

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
Will taking HBWR (sublingual) after eating lessen or diminish the effects

I am going to attempt another HBWR experiment tonight. This will be sublingual. I have tried experimenting with HBWR before with no success. I have a new batch of seeds this time and am going to try again.

I am planning on taking them about 1 hour after eating food. Will this lessen the effects or diminish them all together (not eating on a completely empty stomach)? How many seeds would you (anyone who might have experience) recommend I take for sublingual? How long should I hold or swish them around in my mouth? My main question is: will taking HBWR seeds to trip one hour after eating food lessen the effects or diminish it all together? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have never done HBWR but I have done MGS but I would recommend waiting a couple hours as the nausea can get really bad and having a full stomach wont be helpful however you might not even get naseas. The only effective way I know of is to just grind them up and just eat the powder or whatever form you decided to put them in. I dont think having them sit in your mouth will be that effective but I could be wrong. How many seeds did you eat in your failed experiment?

Taking them 1 hour after eating wont greatly reduce the trip (in my experience anyways) but will increase the nausea you get from them.

If you read some other threads I made I've tried HBWR at least 4 or 5 times before with the same batch and didn't really get any results other than placebo.

I tried 10 HBWR sublingual last night and it didn't really work this was a new batch.

I have MG too. I might try that next.

Morning Glory Extraction Method and Nausea

I have some untreated Morning Glory seeds that were purchased online. I also have some HBWR but have those a shot last night with no results. Tonight I am going to give the Morning Glories a go.

I have 1000 of the seeds sitting in my coffee grinder right now, ready to be ground up. I am either going to take them sublingual or go for the CWE method of extraction.

For the sublingual route, I will grind the seeds up to a fine powder, add a tbsp. of lime juice, and maybe a tablespoon of non-chlorinate water to the mix as well. I will let that sit for about ten minutes, then put the end result under my tongue and around my gum, as if I were using dip in my lip. Then will take a fraction of the seed gunk and place it under my tongue and around my gum as if I were putting a dip in the lip (tobacco). I will hold that their for 20 minutes. Next I will spit that out and then take another fraction or the rest if it is enough for my mouth to hold and hold that in the lip under tongue for 20 minutes, followed by spitting. This way I won't have to place the mush of 1000 seeds in my mouth all at once. If it will fit, then I will all at one time.

For the CWE, I will probably use this method I found online and it sounds pretty effective. Here it is:

Supplies needed:

seeds, 1 glass, 20 ounces of distilled water, 1 large (family size) empty tea bag or 2-3 smaller ones, Coffee grinder, spoon, bowl, a sifter or splatter screen or something similar, paper towels, stapler, a touch of liquid hand soap.

Procedure:

1. Remove seeds from bags and count the number you would like to use (I recommend at least 400, and at most 600 for the first time)

2. Wash whole seeds briefly to remove any fungicides or other seed coatings. Do this by putting the seeds into a bowl and covering with some cold water. Put just a touch of hand soap in the water. Work the seeds around in the bowl with your fingers for about 10-20 seconds.

3. Rinse seeds. Put them in the sifter or on the splatter screen and rinse with cold tap water until all the soap is gone. (It is probably a good idea not to have them in the water too long, as the water might get into the seeds and remove a little of the alkaloids.)

4. Dry seeds. Do NOT use a blowdryer! Dry them well with paper towels.

5. Once they are dry, grind them pretty thoroughly in a coffee grinder, but not to the point of a fine powder. You want the black seed hulls to remain a little coarse.

6. Put the grounds into the empty tea bags and then staple the tea bags shut. Leave some breathing room in each bag since, when wet, the seed mush will expand and might break the bag if it is too full.

7. Put the tea bags into the glass which you have filled with cold distilled water.

8. Aid the extraction by getting the water into the mush. Some will tend to clump and remain in an air pocket. Use the spoon to submerge the bags and to squeeze them gently against the side of the glass. Also, you can lift and Dunk the bags repeatedly to help extract the LSA.

9. Leave glass to sit in a cool dark place for ten minutes with spoon on top of bags to keep them submerged if they are trying to float.

10. Go back and work on the bags some more with the spoon. Be careful not to tear the bag. If you do tear it and mush leaks out, you will have to filter the water.

11. Leave glass to sit for another ten minutes.

12. Work with spoon some more and then remove the bags and squeeze most of the water that remains in them into the glass.

13. DISCARD BAGS! THROW THEM IN THE TRASH! THE SEED MUSH IS TRASH!

14. Drink water.

"I am not too sure if it helps or not, but on some occasions I put a few squirts of lemon juice into the water to acidify it, possibly aiding alkaloid solubility.

That is the method I will try if I go for the CWE. The main reason I am posting this is because I've attempted Morning Glory and HBWR several times before with no success or results. For the morning glory I always got really sick and threw up and never felt anything other than a very slight high and horrible sickness. For the HBWR i used sublingual with no results.

Mainly, I'm looking to reduce the nausea as much as possible so I can have a great trip but not let the sickness ruin it altogether. And the times I've tried it I only got really sick with very mild to non existent effects.

Should I go for the sublingual or the CWE? I doubt the sublingual will have any nausea at all but I don't want to go with the CWE and get sick again, especially not on 1000 seeds. I've read that the CWE tea bag method removes the bad stuff and you will barely get sick or not get sick at all. Any replies or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In reference to this CWE method I posted above, what if I took the liquid (after staining and removing the remaining seed gunk from the cold water) and mixed that with organic orange juice to help masque the disgusting taste a little? Would that lessen the effects or not at all? Thanks.

No reason why orange juice should make any difference, why would it?

Because chlorine and light and too much heat and all that might effect it so who knows maybe something in OJ will.

I might take half by CWE and the other half sublingual.

Wouldn't 2 x 10 minutes of steeping be a little short? I believe I always read that you should leave it overnight in the fridge, maybe stirring once in a while. I think these seeds you discard after 20 minutes might still have some alkaloids in them.

edit: have you heard of the supposed LSA - peppermint interaction? Some people believe peppermint enhances the experience. So maye you could go down that route and try steeping some peppermint tea with your MGS. Might improve things but your brew will still not taste great I guess. Shitloads of honey if you must, close your nose and just down it is the way to go imo.

Peppermint oil is often combined with LSA extracts leading to a more positive experience, though the exact mechanism for this phenomenon is unknown. Some believe it to be the formation of LSH, an unstable lysergic compound more closely resembling LSD, though this topic is hotly disputed.
source: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35607

Last edited:
Wouldn't 2 x 10 minutes of steeping be a little short? I believe I always read that you should leave it overnight in the fridge, maybe stirring once in a while. I think these seeds you discard after 20 minutes might still have some alkaloids in them.

edit: have you heard of the supposed LSA - peppermint interaction? Some people believe peppermint enhances the experience. So maye you could go down that route and try steeping some peppermint tea with your MGS. Might improve things but your brew will still not taste great I guess. Shitloads of honey if you must, close your nose and just down it is the way to go imo.

source: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35607

I have heard of using peppermint and even lemon with Morning Glory. I'm probably going to let the tea bag sit in the water for about an hour.

If I go to the store and buy peppermint tea, would it kill the effects of the LSA if I add the steeped water to the tea (being that you have to make tea with hot water and hear supposedly kills the LSA effects)? If not the peppermint tea i will just mix the Morning Glory water with some orange juice and drink that.

I have heard of using peppermint and even lemon with Morning Glory. I'm probably going to let the tea bag sit in the water for about an hour.

If I go to the store and buy peppermint tea, would it kill the effects of the LSA if I add the steeped water to the tea (being that you have to make tea with hot water and hear supposedly kills the LSA effects)? If not the peppermint tea i will just mix the Morning Glory water with some orange juice and drink that.

*heat supposedly kills the LSA effects.

I don't know if there is epimerization or anything from the peppermint oil or -tea, but the whole acetic aldehyde adduct theory was debunked I'm pretty sure.

And no, while OJ is acidic there is nothing harmful that I can think of similar to chlorine in there. I wouldn't exactly leave a solution of LSA's in OJ or any other liquid for overly long though... solutions are never that great for stability cause of ionization unless you got damn sturdy molecules.

I don't know if there is epimerization or anything from the peppermint oil or -tea, but the whole acetic aldehyde adduct theory was debunked I'm pretty sure.

And no, while OJ is acidic there is nothing harmful that I can think of similar to chlorine in there. I wouldn't exactly leave a solution of LSA's in OJ or any other liquid for overly long though... solutions are never that great for stability cause of ionization unless you got damn sturdy molecules.

Yeah I might mix it with a little OJ then immediately drink. Either that or just chase it.

I'll probably get some orange juice in my mouth, then take a sip of the water/peppermint tea (just went to the store and got some if the tea btw), and make sure their is more juice in mouth than their are sips of tea, and gulp it like that, drinking slowly. I might even take bites from a milkshake following each gulp to masque the taste. Hope the shake wont bother the effects.

Are 5 HBWR seeds enough to make you sick? I don't know how many times I've tried to trip off LSA (with both MG & HBWR) and all of those attempts didn't get me to a full blown psychedelic experience. I always got mild effects if no effects at all. I've done CWE and sublingual with Morning Glory but no success. I've only done HBWR sublingual and might eat 5 or 6.

Is 5 or 6 enough to cause intense nausea and possibly ruin the experience? I plan on grinding up the seeds into a fine powder and adding that to a milkshake or applesauce. If i do that and don't taste the icky seeds at all and only taste the sauce or milkshake, will I get sick enough for it to ruin the experience? Thanks.

It's worth it though right? I might grind up 5 seeds and just stir the powder in a milkshake and maybe drink some peppermint tea if I start to feel nauseas.

It can be worth cleaning the outer shell seed husks off and rub down the outside of the seeds, possibly with an alcoholic or soapy solution, which in turn should be rinsed properly.

Apparently there can be toxic cyanoglycosides on the side, possibly what produced what appear to be myths about deterrants being applied intentionally to avoid abuse of the seeds (I hardly think anyone cares enough). If you can get those off that should give you a better chance at avoiding sickness than milkshakes or peppermint. Peppermint does stimulate digestion in general (which is why you get it after dinner at a restaurant) but indigestion is afaik not at issue here.