• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vaporizing Opium?

Go each tacos and shut up, my method twerks, You ain't from Houston..

^imma have to agree with ykm, when I brought opium home from a festival, using a thumb tac or pin with a bottle was the most efficient way I could figure out to smoke it

Such a waste as I said ymk. Never said it didn't work. Get a metal pipe and hemp wick and you can smoke it old school melting the opium on the side inside the bowl then hold it sideways / upside-down over the hemp wick (humboldt traders has three thicknesses meaning three different strengths of burning temps as well as glass holders to let it just sit like a candle) and inhale as vapor/smokes produced.

Probably tricky to master, but probably best way to smoke it pure sadly did not think of it or even using my legit opium style pipe as I had and still don't have a really good understanding of smoking opium old school or even if it was/is choice to used raw or filtered opium for smoking.

I ended up smoking 25-50 mg at a time in bowls of herb in my bubbler sometimes with hash, mostly without, sometimes sandwiched, sometimes right on top, mostly without water, and sometimes with water as I didn't notice a difference although didn't want to risk wasting the opium. Honestly smoking it didn't do much even when I got it to smoke well in the glass oil burner. I only nodded drinking 90 mg mixed in water. Honestly though i hardly nod dose dependant only when I'm tired.

Oh really? nice. Why is one side shiny and one side dull then? Is that the equivalent to sandblasting for aluminum? there has to be SOMETHING on there...
You can't be fucking serious...

Maybe it's because one side folds in and one side folds out when it's rolled up? Who knows?

I'm trying to vaporized this Opium off of foil, it's even even been purified to a transparent maroon bendable substance, but when gently heating it on foil, all it does is boil, smoke up a bit and then leave a charred black residue.

Not getting me high either, but I'm only 100mg in.
How much does it take?

I'm trying to vaporized this Opium off of foil, it's even even been purified to a transparent maroon bendable substance, but when gently heating it on foil, all it does is boil, smoke up a bit and then leave a charred black residue.

Not getting me high either, but I'm only 100mg in.
How much does it take?

There's always the possibility that it's not really opium.
I know once when i was much younger and less experienced I bought some "opium" that turned out to be completely bunk. I think it may have been cannabis resin. Not sure.

^Nah yup i've had the same experience. The "opium latex" I had though was made from the (I assume, I only know it was water-extracted) drying, blending and then warm-water extraction of morphinan-constituents & etc. Around 0.25g or so, I tried smoking a small amount from foil as at the time I was into BTH and w/d'ing, failed to smoke up and kind of just sizzled but ultimately charred immediately, the taste was somewhat strange it tasted like when I first started smoking BTH, that unfamiliarness yet lacking the sickly-sweetness, so I ended up just eating the 0.20-0.25g glob, and it took away my WD's (at the time having a small habit in a place where gear was notoriously impure)

More info:
I'm using antique opium pipe and oil lamp. It's the only proper way to smoke opium. But you can use aluminium foil. Make something in shape of spoun of the aluminium foil, put opium on the spot, get some pipe, one hand hold the "spoun", place pipe in your mouth and use lighter to heat it up. Remember that fire can not touch aluminium foil, otherwise you will burn it out. Once you see it's "boiling", inhale all that is comming from it. but make the sides like it's, you know, soup spoun, not flat. I got nodding at 250mg once only, normally it gives me pleasant sedation, even when smoking from my pipe. Opium is too expensive for "abuse" and nodding, it's just to make you sedated and warmth.

Works, I used it before I bought opium smoking kit. I am opium smoker for everyday.

EDIT: Remember, opium has over 30 opoid alkaloids inside, you might feel it way different than normal morphine and heroin, due it contains more alkaloids like codeine etc. You won't get super high on opium, unless you have like 0.25 of it. Smoking it has slighly opoid effect on me, but I would rather say it's something like cigs.

You will see that it will start boiling and turning to black, it's natural and this should happen. You should inhale all that is comming from it, you won't have much smoke from it like from E-Cig for example, but believe me, the smoke that comes from that is highly potent. Rememer also, even if you see it's super dry and you think it's burned, wait hour or two, you'll see that it will start smoking again.
this is the best way i have found to smoke Opium on the fly with out a proper pipe. fuck putting it on foil..

take a safety pin and poke the one side through a piece of card board after ripping said cardboard into a small enough square to where you can fit a CLEAR glass over it. put the O on the end of the sharp side of the safety pin. light it with a lighter for a few seconds and let it catch. then blow it out and place the glass up side down over it. the glass will fill up with smoke rather fast and will hold in all of it. slide the glass to the edge of your table and then suck the smoke from the small opening that is created because of it.

i wish i could explain it better but i think that if you search smoking opium with a glass it will give you more info.
So let me share my experience with you all as I lived many years "next" to a production area and smoke it daily; 0.5 to 0.7 gr daily on average for at least 7 years.

First lets clear up something, from experience I would say there is only 2 kinds of opium; raw and
refined. Other factors are variety and age.

Raw opium: the latex has just been scraped from the poppies and stored in a container and let to
dry. It's full of dirt and plants debris. You can eat or smoke it, it's nice and sweet but not the
"classic opium experience", for that you need.
Refined opium: Drop 1 kg of raw opium in 5 liters of water, dilute all, filter impurities out then
cook at super low flame to reduce it to the beautiful black mirror opium we all love. Never, ever
bring to a boil as that would "burn" the batch and give it a -nasty- characteristic "burned
caramel" taste.

So now that we have the refined opium we gonna smoke it.
Forget the long pipe, the kid in the hills who prepare the long pipe for you, it took him two years
to learn how to make a proper pipe. It's actually an art form...

For most of you, with not much opium to waste in pipe smoking experiments -any type of pipes- or
have an E-nail, I will advice my method.

Yes, you are going to chase this dragon on aluminum paper but with an added trick.
DO NOT try to stick a little ball of opium of the paper , then chase it, that is the wrong and a
very wastefull way.

My way:
Collect a little matchstick size ball of opium on the tip of a small screw driver, daber, piece of
wood etc. Then put it in you mouth and wet it with your saliva, you will have the added taste/effect
pleasure, wet it until that when wet enough, you can rub it on the alu foil and leave a "liquid trace" of opium.
Then chase it with the minimum eat you can.
Rinse and repeat..till satisfied with altitude reached...
You will be surprised on how much smoke comes out of just a trace.
Practice makes perfect and you will quickly learn how heavy you like your "trace" to be; clear, brownish, blackish, etc

An added note; on eating opium, ALWAYS wrap it in 2-3 layers of cigarette paper to avoid the classic stomach burning effect.

Ok, that's it, I hope it will help some of you to get the best bang for their bucks and a great high.

^Nah yup i've had the same experience. The "opium latex" I had though was made from the (I assume, I only know it was water-extracted) drying, blending and then warm-water extraction of morphinan-constituents & etc. Around 0.25g or so, I tried smoking a small amount from foil as at the time I was into BTH and w/d'ing, failed to smoke up and kind of just sizzled but ultimately charred immediately, the taste was somewhat strange it tasted like when I first started smoking BTH, that unfamiliarness yet lacking the sickly-sweetness, so I ended up just eating the 0.20-0.25g glob, and it took away my WD's (at the time having a small habit in a place where gear was notoriously impure)

It sounds a little unclear but... If this "opium" you tried to vaporize on foil was created by doing a water extraction on ground up poppies then of course it didn't vaporize well. A water extraction on ground up poppies would contain too much water soluble plant material to vaporize properly. Oral consumption would, of course, work fine... But maybe I'm not reading what you wrote correctly.

I used to dab it with a rig at a high temp. Got me nice and lifted. This was refined opium. I found it better than smoking it.

It sounds a little unclear but... If this "opium" you tried to vaporize on foil was created by doing a water extraction on ground up poppies then of course it didn't vaporize well. A water extraction on ground up poppies would contain too much water soluble plant material to vaporize properly. Oral consumption would, of course, work fine... But maybe I'm not reading what you wrote correctly.
It was not opium, why I said "opium latex" in quotation marks. This is what it was referred to as by the person who gifted it to me (he'd been growing poppies in his garden, decorative of course). About opium latex, I'm not totally sure about that mate, I would assume its still mostly water soluble, before it starts the refining process. There's a thread on this forum describing the latex->morphine base->H base chain of production. I believe the max purity of dried opium latex at 15-30% (off the top of my head I read that somewhere, so please look further into it if you so desire). The way in which things like BTH are made, although perhaps it resembles what opium does, it is of a completely different thing dude, the DEA has found BTH at upto 88% purity and it still looks like a piece of asphalt (check DEA microgram bulletin w/ google.com). They then take this high purity product and of course, they know their customer base, smokers and shooters, so I would assume that when they would cut it they would specifically use cuts that are both water soluble and would increase its ability to "slide" on the foil. This is confirmed by the fact that when sometimes smoking shitty street gear, it smokes different than good stuff, like the cuts its been adulterated with were something that someone had on hand to slightly bulk it out by a low level dealer trying to catch his next fix, and not by those in the upper echelons of the industry (Who no doubt have people with scientific credentials on their payroll)

If I could get refined opium again I would try it orally (not to distract the thread). I loved the stuff, it's too bad everything has to be made smaller and more potent to smuggle. I personally think they should have legal opium dispensaries (with different strains with morphine/codeine/thebaine ratios etc) kinda like you see with weed these days. I'm sure they could even breed poppies that had high hydromorphone content too as if I'm not mistaken it's been found naturally in trace amounts. One can dream.

I've long wanted to find out if vaporizing opium works only because smoking the stuff is really, really bad on the lungs. It's not much different from smoking weed resin, it's black gunk, the smoke is almost yellowish and I'm hacking up phlegm for a couple days after (mind you I'm a bit sensitive to smoke of any kind). This is off various batches of refined opium (black mirror).

So today I performed an experiment. I took a PAX 3 (weed vaporizer that also comes with a concentrate tray) and put two small little pieces inside the tray, set the heat setting to the highest possible one (410F) and let the vaporizer warm up. Once the vaporizer vibrated letting me know it had reached the desired heat, I took a long slow draw, held it in then exhaled. No vapor cloud at all, but a very intense and beautiful flavor of opium. Tried two more hits, each also with no visible cloud but a great flavor. I thought maybe my experiment had failed.

I sat down in my living room and it took only a few seconds to realize the experiment was in fact a success. That magical feeling crept through me and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

So to summarize, vaporizing opium does indeed work and provides an excellent effect without the harsh smoke and lung nuisance that smoking causes.

Also, after those 3 long draws, once the concentrate tray was cool enough to touch I took the lid off and saw the opium pieces were still mostly in their same shape, although the color had changed from a shiny black to a more muted burgundy/maroon. I suspect vaporizing is a less wasteful method of using opium and these little maroon pieces still have a few hits left in them. I'm quite happy about this!

Tried it again in a glass freebase pipe. Compared to foil, I think it was more efficient as it didn't burn the opium too fast when using a regular flame, not torch.
I only did 30mg as a trial run, and didn't feel much of course, but even if I did 200mg I doubt I'd feel very much! Stuff's as cost-effective as caviar.

Last edited:
I've never "smoked" opium in a vaporizer, but I've heard it works well. It's also quite fun and easy to vaporize in a hookah.

Smoking opium in a traditional Chinese pipe is rather complicated, and I imagine that's one reason that very few people do it that way anymore. The ritual is quite lovely, though. It's an art form...

I've long wanted to find out if vaporizing opium works only because smoking the stuff is really, really bad on the lungs. It's not much different from smoking weed resin, it's black gunk, the smoke is almost yellowish and I'm hacking up phlegm for a couple days after (mind you I'm a bit sensitive to smoke of any kind). This is off various batches of refined opium (black mirror).

So today I performed an experiment. I took a PAX 3 (weed vaporizer that also comes with a concentrate tray) and put two small little pieces inside the tray, set the heat setting to the highest possible one (410F) and let the vaporizer warm up. Once the vaporizer vibrated letting me know it had reached the desired heat, I took a long slow draw, held it in then exhaled. No vapor cloud at all, but a very intense and beautiful flavor of opium. Tried two more hits, each also with no visible cloud but a great flavor. I thought maybe my experiment had failed.

I sat down in my living room and it took only a few seconds to realize the experiment was in fact a success. That magical feeling crept through me and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

So to summarize, vaporizing opium does indeed work and provides an excellent effect without the harsh smoke and lung nuisance that smoking causes.

Also, after those 3 long draws, once the concentrate tray was cool enough to touch I took the lid off and saw the opium pieces were still mostly in their same shape, although the color had changed from a shiny black to a more muted burgundy/maroon. I suspect vaporizing is a less wasteful method of using opium and these little maroon pieces still have a few hits left in them. I'm quite happy about this!

I ordered some Opium from a reliable source as I had not had some in about 10 years and am staying away from H to avoid the terrible withdrawl symptoms that come with a binge. My last time using Opium was through a friend?s Volcano vaporizer and it worked great for filling the bag and getting a great taste and high. With continued use however, the screen on my friend?s Volcano became brutally clogged and needed to be replaced. Fast forward to today - mail arrived with 2g of Opium! Knowing about screen clogging issues, I opted not to use my Arizer Extreme Q but rather give it a go in my Dr. Dabber Boost Black. I had a spare quartz nail that I had never used (this way I could test the quality of the Opium without any THC to cloud my opinion. I heated and rolled 100mg of Opium so that it could sit around the entire nail, placed the cap on and fired the Boost up. Immediately, vapour poured into the chamber and I began a long and slow 60 second inhale (length of the heating cycle). Wow, I?m glad I was sitting down because the results came quickly - using an e-nail with controlled temperature is the only way I will ever smoke Opium from now on. Looking at the quartz nail, the quantity in there has barely changed and it is still black in colour but matted in texture. I?m sure that I have many more hits left from this piece as it was still vaporizing strong when the heating cycle ended. I hope the above information can help anyone who is looking for a new way to vaporize their Opium to avoid screen clogging or on an e-nail. Works great and looks to conserve a massive amount of product compared to smoking it in a pipe, with knives or on foil. Cheers.

I ordered some Opium from a reliable source as I had not had some in about 10 years and am staying away from H to avoid the terrible withdrawl symptoms that come with a binge. My last time using Opium was through a friend?s Volcano vaporizer and it worked great for filling the bag and getting a great taste and high. With continued use however, the screen on my friend?s Volcano became brutally clogged and needed to be replaced. Fast forward to today - mail arrived with 2g of Opium! Knowing about screen clogging issues, I opted not to use my Arizer Extreme Q but rather give it a go in my Dr. Dabber Boost Black. I had a spare quartz nail that I had never used (this way I could test the quality of the Opium without any THC to cloud my opinion. I heated and rolled 100mg of Opium so that it could sit around the entire nail, placed the cap on and fired the Boost up. Immediately, vapour poured into the chamber and I began a long and slow 60 second inhale (length of the heating cycle). Wow, I?m glad I was sitting down because the results came quickly - using an e-nail with controlled temperature is the only way I will ever smoke Opium from now on. Looking at the quartz nail, the quantity in there has barely changed and it is still black in colour but matted in texture. I?m sure that I have many more hits left from this piece as it was still vaporizing strong when the heating cycle ended. I hope the above information can help anyone who is looking for a new way to vaporize their Opium to avoid screen clogging or on an e-nail. Works great and looks to conserve a massive amount of product compared to smoking it in a pipe, with knives or on foil. Cheers.

What temperature did you use with the volcano and the e-nail to get these results, i have a mighty and a vapcap at home and some opium as well