• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Vaporizing Opium?

c4oz

Bluelighter
Hello guys, first of all (like always) sorry if my english is bad.

my question is, can i vaporize opium? i've a VapirOne, if i can what's the recommend temperature?

yesterday i ate opium after i eat and i was vomiting all day :X (yea i'm a stupid but was my first time with opium and i didn't know i shouldn't eat 4 or 5 hours before).

thanks!

Hi, i don't know about the vaporization thing, but do you plan to vaporize it in order to avoid nausea? Because maybe you can just take a little less, usually vomiting is a sign that you have taken too much, especially if you have vomited for a long time. And honestly i get nausea with opiates pretty much regardless of ROA: oral, smoked, IV....they all slow down my digestion badly, no matter if i have eaten before or if i eat after it. Plugging is the only exception, maybe look for some information about that (mind that it will make your opium stronger, so careful with dosing).

If you eat your opium on an empty stomach it will surely hit you harder, though.

there is not really any benefit to vaporizing vs smoking... unless your worried about lung health from smoking

Hi, i don't know about the vaporization thing, but do you plan to vaporize it in order to avoid nausea? Because maybe you can just take a little less, usually vomiting is a sign that you have taken too much, especially if you have vomited for a long time. And honestly i get nausea with opiates pretty much regardless of ROA: oral, smoked, IV....they all slow down my digestion badly, no matter if i have eaten before or if i eat after it. Plugging is the only exception, maybe look for some information about that (mind that it will make your opium stronger, so careful with dosing).

If you eat your opium on an empty stomach it will surely hit you harder, though.

thanks!!

there is not really any benefit to vaporizing vs smoking... unless your worried about lung health from smoking

but if i smoke opium i will be destroying it because the elevated temperatures, or won't i?

Ive tried using a vape for homemade opium and it gummed up the metal bullet thing... I dont think it gets hot enough. You do have a good point though, that smoking it will burn away most of the good alkaloid. I would personally try a titanium nail set-up like for dabs... Heat it up with a blow torch and hit it without the bong part i.e. just hit the glass dome connector. Sounds like that would work for opium.

Foil, Foil, Foil....

It is one of the only things that will be a good medium for smoking opium...

Honey oil nails/hot knifing are too hot of a process...

Vaporizers are not meant for opium.

Honey oil nails/hot knifing are too hot of a process...
Vaporizers are not meant for opium.

I have a highly educated titanium nail and I put it on the stove when I want a lower vaporisation temperature than hitting it with a torch. The key is put the stove on 5 or 6 (if your stove has a dial that goes up to 9 or 10) and you move the nail into position with pliers or scissors. You don't want the nail to get red hot.

You can also get lemon balm or some dry herb you like and mix the opium in a joint and smoke it like that if you prefer smoking.

I wouldn't suggest foil just because of some nasty stuff on some foils.

I have a highly educated titanium nail and I put it on the stove when I want a lower vaporisation temperature than hitting it with a torch. The key is put the stove on 5 or 6 (if your stove has a dial that goes up to 9 or 10) and you move the nail into position with pliers or scissors. You don't want the nail to get red hot.

You can also get lemon balm or some dry herb you like and mix the opium in a joint and smoke it like that if you prefer smoking.

There isn’t anything in food grade foil from the grocery store. This is a common myth.

Any whip style vape is fine. It works almost like hash. Anyone hypothetically in a location where it is legal to do so may need a little inert herb (or psychoactive, whatever...) to bulk up the gummy stuff.

It clogs up a metal screen pretty badly as well. This is why It is suggested that the plant material is used so one can get most of the good hits in before it all melts into the screen.

Hashium (50/50) always works well if one prefers to imbibe via more laid back cannabis style opium sessions rather than chasing the dragon on foil.

Last edited:

I wasn't going to to but I have to. What is a highly educated titanium nail? That has me curious.

There isn’t anything in food grade foil from the grocery store. This is a common myth.

Oh really? nice. Why is one side shiny and one side dull then? Is that the equivalent to sandblasting for aluminum? there has to be SOMETHING on there...

I wasn't going to to but I have to. What is a highly educated titanium nail? That has me curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXx7-TYPod8 hope this helps :)

Its goes for between 50 and 100 dollars usually at high end glass shops... Or you can order one online for a little more... I got mine for $75 Canadian and I think its worth it.. Better than a glass nail that wont fit your gear or break. The glass piece he got can sell for as little as 20 dollars for just the dome that has a male adapter for bongs. it comes in 14 or 18mm diameter.

You can also just use it to hot knife by holding it with pliers or scissors but id suggest getting a cheap bong and putting little or no water in for opium (I think the water will lower the potency of opium as cannabinoids are not water soluble but the opiates in opium tend to be).You can use a thin piece of wood (like an incense stick) as a tool you don't need to buy a fancy dentist style thing to get the opium onto the nail (or if you opiums not too sticky you can drop little balls of opium on the nail when its hot)

So for a complete rig you need: a HE nail (50-100$) a glass on glass slide for the nail (20-60$) a glass on glass bong with matching female adapter (20-200$ depending on quality/size) scissors/pliers(free you probably already have), a stick(free) and a stove(free)

not bad for a badass rig you can use for opium and hash oil

Oh really? nice. Why is one side shiny and one side dull then? Is that the equivalent to sandblasting for aluminum? there has to be SOMETHING on there...

The process of making aluminum foil makes two sheets at the same time as it is difficult to maintain the thickness of one regular roll with the machinery.

The two sides touching each other are the dull sides... The polished sides are an act of the rollers...

Note this is for standard food-grade foil.

The only foils that have coatings have special placement. (cigarette boxes, candy wrappers, chip bags... Etc...)

The two sides touching each other are the dull sides... The polished sides are an act of the rollers...
The only foils that have coatings have special placement. (cigarette boxes, candy wrappers, chip bags... Etc...)

got it

Hoping for some swift and well informed replie(s) here good folks of Other Drugs. I have recently obtained a small amount of pure opium latex. I know that it is the real deal because i harvested a small amount of my own from papaver somniferum periods a few days ago, and the taste and appearance is identical. There aren't many more distinctive tatstes than sominferum poppies.

I have some questions about ROAs and the different bio-availabilities. I have allready tried several different ROAs. Drinking/eating (heating up tiny chunks until they disolved and then drinking all the water plus any left over undisolved particles) unfortunately the O just sent me to sleep as i have been up for 2 nights on penetdrone. 8( However i have woken up in a far better mood than i was in before, so allthough i probably missed the peak effects of the high im still feeling quite good.

I have also gently heated some small chucks of O in a ecig mixture and it dissolved rather well, before pouring the O mixture into my ecig, and i am experimenting with vapeing it that way. Not sure if its working too well as the temperature may not be high enough ??:?

Also tried the foil inside the cut off bottom of a plastic bottle, using the foil as the new replacemnt base, and gently heating from underneath, that definately gave me a blast. I might try that again. The red hot skewers method, simillar to hot knifing hash sounds very wastefull, and may destroy some of the alakloids. :?Also tried chasing off foil without much success, my tech is very bad indeed for this.

There is one other option i haven't tried yet, i could use a bong, but leave out the water as O gets absorbed into water. I would line the bowl with herbs to protect it from direct flame and heat from underneath with a tea candle holder. So its either that, or try another brew, or go with the bong method, or the foil based bottle. An adavantage of this method is that because the bottle is capped nothing is wasted. Another alternative would be to sprinkle some O into a joint consiting of somekable herbs, but once again i fear heat the heat may be too direct and destroy a lot of the alkaloids. I gather that you should allways avoid direct flame.

Any ideas as to the bio-availabilities of the different ROAs? Thanks very much in advance.

Last edited:
I don't think opium really has a bio-aviliablity per say as it is a mixture of things like codeine, morphine and thebaine. Each of those have their own B/A's from different ROA. But I dunno maybe I'm wrong lol.

metal-coil-head-with-mesh-for-glass-globe.jpg
what if i was to put an airsoft BB sized pellet of driet O on one of these?

I don't think it would work with it for fat hits, but it could work. Maybe get one without a screen you can throw it in the coil with a battery that does low heat that you can adjust higher if needed

Last edited:
Bawl your Opium (Hopefully you're getting raw), get a thumb-tack, put it on the tack, light the bawl, let burn for a second, put a glass cup over it, then use a bendy-straw and clear it. Best way.

Exactly like this.

Only do ymk method if you have a ton of opium to waste as the methods good for hash, but not opium.