• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

valproic acid and tryptamines

This is a bad combination, and is highly contraindicated. The anticonvulsant class of drugs have a penchant for causing chaos when mixed with psychedelic drugs.

I'm sorry the doctor prescribed you this garbage and that you feel you are supposed to take it to get well. Better to come off all the so-called "medications" and face your demons properly. Learn meditation and breathing, and you will never look back.

I'm also scripted Depakote and I don't see why this would be contraindicted with psychedelics. It might be if you're epileptic but as a moodstabilser their shouldn't be much interaction. It does potentiate the Alprazolam I'm scripted. Depakote helps me controlling my mood and short fuse, it gives me stability. Side-effects only appeared at the beginning but since I reached a constant bloodplasma level they disappeared. So garbage?Nope.

Valproic acid appears to inhibit the activity of Uridine Diphosphate Glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs) and CYP2C9. While Sodium Valproate inhibits metabolism via CYP3A4. In other words any other inhibitors of those enzyme's may/will interact/potentiate. It also inhibits GABA.