• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Valerian Root

The last thing I should be doing is recommending benzos, but at least in my case, they do help me out a lot with many of the sensory issues and with social anxiety.
I take Clonazepam as a sensory filter, and also because I tend to become catatonic when too overwhelmed. Not much anxiety issues (not more than everybody else, no social anxiety other than too many people equal lots of noise and probably touching, no panic attacks).

But can't hardly say I micro dose.
But ofcourse problems will be in store for me and anyone else if unable to keep taking regular breaks to keep tolerance and dependance at bay.
So this is definitely an issue for me, too.

But can't hardly say I micro dose.
A few years ago someone got me a load of xanax bars, and I never was sure of the dose, but I'm guessing they were 2mg active ingredient per cube, but they might have been 1mg.

After my first taper and 6 months off, when I resumed taking them, I found that 1 whole cube was far too much for me / way more than I needed.

I worked out that each cube weighed on average of 80mg gross (including fillers and binders etc) and by trial and errror found out that at one stage a dose of 16mg of crushed down bar powder was enough for me to make my days at work a hell of a lot more comfortable, without interefering with my performance, wakefulness, or energy in any negative way. I guess that qualifies as micro-dosing.

The 16mg dose was fine for me for months up to a couple of years by taking weekends off. When life got more complicated and I started doing more social things over the wekends and evenings my dose gradully crept up. Was still on about 35mg for ages though.

Just at the time my supply is about to run out I'm up to 50-60mg required dose to be effective. Which is still only 75% of one cube. Which could be 1mg per cube, although judging by my cross tolerance with other benzos it's more likely to be 2mg per cube.

Sorry for the info dump, but I was amazed at how long I could get by comfortably on such small fractions of standard doses. Maybe it is something due to ND people sometimes being more senstitive to the effects of some meds, and fractional tweeks of the dose can make a huge difference. One of the leading ADHD bods, Thomas E Brown, talks about this quite a lot, but says that many psychiatrists don't do the tiny adjustments of doses that can make or break a treatment.

Last edited:
I have a prescribed 1mg of clona when needed. To be taken in two doses, because hey, 0.5 mg may already do the trick.
It does, sometimes. But that's just for being okay. Sometimes I need 1 mg. Sometimes I start with 1 mg and go up to 2 or 4 per day, like 6 mg total in 2-3 days ncluding the tapering down again. But that's not a need, really. It's plain abuse.
Or it's after I went through a mayor meltdown.

Alprazolam makes me sleepy. And it's therapeutical dose being 0.25mg I guess I would need to find the ideal amount by grinding the pill (here they come as round tablets) and measuring.

Other drugs I felt effects on very little amounts.

And it's therapeutical dose being 0.25mg I guess I would need to find the ideal amount by grinding the pill (here they come as round tablets) and measuring.
Hmm so if 0.25mg is a standard recomended starting dose it seems that my fractional dose which would have equated to 0.20 wasn't all that amazing after all.

Still obviously it was much better to be doing that than taking the whole 2mg, or even full 0.25mg pills would have been a bit more than necessary, if I'd had access to them at the time.

2mg of alpra would make very VERY sleepy, and that's me who has a little tolerance to benzos and who knows how to overcome that sleepiness. So good thing you didn't take all the bar!

2mg of alpra would make very VERY sleepy, and that's me who has a little tolerance to benzos and who knows how to overcome that sleepiness. So good thing you didn't take all the bar!
I was presuming that each of the 4 cubes within the bar was 2mg each, (and the whole bar would therefore be 8mg) judging by the effects and cross tolerance with other benzos.

But if the 2mg refers to the whole bar, then each cube must be 0.5 and I go back to my original position of being amazed at how effective micro-dosing could be.

Seeing as I was taking about 1/5 of the weight of one cube.

Yes. Not sure about alprazolam bars, as I only know the round pills (0.5 mg each). But my clonaz are 2mg, so each quarter equals 0.5.

But you take it just to feel okay, right?

But you take it just to feel okay, right?
Mostly yes, although over the last few months I've fallen into the habit of also using BZs before bed to aid sleep.

I don't NEED to be doing this though, as I can sleep without benzos, so I am in the process of tapering down the night time dose.

That's what I hope to get from Valerian... to help me sleep.
Because I don't like to waste benzos for sleep.

Last edited:
I just figured it was the chemical form of valerian root both are very sedating… if you look at the wording it makes sense…pharma is known for taking natural remedies and making them chemical drugs…
Get that, Valerian, Valium and Valproic acid all seemed related just by the resemblence off the names. While in reality Valium is a brandname for Diazepam. And Valproic acid has nothing to do with the Valerian root. But I also got that first impression.

If your Valerian root extract is good you should defenitly feel it, Valerenic acid is a GABA-agonist. Never had that experience with the OTC product's, but a fresh liquid Eco root extract is what you need I hear. Glad you at least are getting something out of Valerian, to me it always seemed inactive.

Get that, Valerian, Valium and Valproic acid all seemed related just by the resemblence off the names. While in reality Valium is a brandname for Diazepam. And Valproic acid has nothing to do with the Valerian root. But I also got that first impression.
cmon people this is or should be one respected forum, but again SEO opt is great when searched valerian root www.bluelight.org

Logic behind diazepam and valerian is like chamomille and clonazepam( analogy)

and having these mistakes out in the open without correcting till now thank you emkee is bad for bussines cause now I got very laughed of when said that bluelight is a serious forum for education on harm reduction and education.

Why did you got first impression about valproic acid( that is braand name Depakine for epilepsy and as mod stabilizator? nwm!

as for Amanita there is ibotenic acid and muscimol one being a prodrug of the other and they are psychoactive and in some cases poisonous, dried ones are more potent so washing them should lose its potency but yeah- it has gaba-a(muscimol) as ibotenic acid is agonistic of NMDA.

Amanita is a deliriant so if there is a proccessed one it is good anything other should alert caution., and as geolocational there are 2-3 types and

my exwife was in psychosis combining amanita musucario with psilocibin mushrooms by mistake or by ignorance of her dealer but I think that even without amanita she would got scared of psilocibin.

must add that combination of valerian tea, mint, passiflora incarnata, lemon balm, lavender as Gotu Cola extract and Nigella sativa(black seed oil) help some in now unlucky I am CT of pregabalin from saturday till wednesday so it helps

must add that combination of valerian tea, mint, passiflora incarnata, lemon balm, lavender as Gotu Cola extract and Nigella sativa(black seed oil) help some in now unlucky I am CT of pregabalin from saturday till wednesday so it helps

Never tried to add anything to my valerian root broth because I though it will kill any other taste/aroma. Fuck, the pot and even the kitchen corner smell of it the morning after (I have a very good sense of smell). Though I don't mind it, or the taste. Got used to it.

But of course this isn't just about taste, but also about effects. So next time I will try to add some the other ingredients you suggest.

Thanks btw for your former comment, too.

cmon people this is or should be one respected forum, but again SEO opt is great when searched valerian root www.bluelight.org

Logic behind diazepam and valerian is like chamomille and clonazepam( analogy)

and having these mistakes out in the open without correcting till now thank you emkee is bad for bussines cause now I got very laughed of when said that bluelight is a serious forum for education on harm reduction and education.

Why did you got first impression about valproic acid( that is braand name Depakine for epilepsy and as mod stabilizator? nwm!

as for Amanita there is ibotenic acid and muscimol one being a prodrug of the other and they are psychoactive and in some cases poisonous, dried ones are more potent so washing them should lose its potency but yeah- it has gaba-a(muscimol) as ibotenic acid is agonistic of NMDA.

Amanita is a deliriant so if there is a proccessed one it is good anything other should alert caution., and as geolocational there are 2-3 types and

my exwife was in psychosis combining amanita musucario with psilocibin mushrooms by mistake or by ignorance of her dealer but I think that even without amanita she would got scared of psilocibin.
Peace and love, remember. No mistakes were maken, neither by you. A miss understanding at most, whose, I honoustly don't care. That is logic. But let that logic go, before you know it your seeing a blue rabbit. And explaining science to god.

Do you remember the day that there was no internet or bluelight. Info on med's scarce, probably in the libary for medical books. Well I do, I am a fossil halfway. Like said love and peace.

But boldly you are plain wrong. You need to re-examine your own reply and my post.

the impression

I was 18, saw a bottle of Valproic acid in someone's bathroom I was cleaning. The worst place to keep med's. And its name reminded me of Valepotriaten, while you claim to be logical. .
Use your intenet and don't forget your mind, fuck google, duckduckgo. Search NCBI.COM and seach for relevant stuff.Ment with all respect.

Like "thank you emkee" could mean:
For clearing up the confusion on the three or creating it. Your post seems interpretable both way's.

Last edited:
Psilocybin is indeed a bit spooky psychedelic, which a psychotic should not even take. You probably had to go through lots of tough times having a psychotic wife. One of my best friends got psychosis, and it was very difficult to deal with. Ok no-one told us what he had or what it was, but his Dad did blaim us for it, stupid grown up's..

And he was sober on dr's orders.

Amanita is btw, without personal experience, more like a crossover between a GABA-ergic and Alcohol. When decarbed your basickly left with Muscimol, which is non toxic. 8/ 15 mg an active GABA-a agonist (about one gram dried/ decarbed Amanita Muscaria).

Must have at least made her trip a bit calmer. Hope the divorce was a relief, mine was? Living with a person suffering a Mental or Conduct disorder is not easy.