• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using magnesium to help with vasoconstriction with phenethylamine psychedelics?

You did not read what I said. I said 25i-NBOMe gives me vasoconstriction. I get no load issues on LSD other than a little mild nausea.

What dosage is your normal? Do you go for deep trips or just the light ones?

I always would describe it as less of an introspection aspect and more of a straight euphoria than LSD or MDA (which seems oddly introspective for me), kind of like comparing the 2c-x compunds to Mescaline. Since I had access to all of them but I had side effects from DOC, I never really gave it much of a shot.

Cyberius, how much do you take before a DOC trip?

I use all psychedelics at high doses, I don't wanna waste my time wading in the kiddy pool when I could plunge the depths (which is the only way I've gained any benefits from psychedelics)...at full doses id say DOC is much more genuinely introspective than LSD & doesn't have the immature silliness of acid...

DOC is the perfect philosophers trip to me, and in some ways I consider it the phenethylamine equivalent to DMT (both the most grandiose & "out there" in their class pretty much)...as far as euphoria goes, it's definitely strongly present, in a much more balanced, logical form than LSD or MDxx as well - sometimes I've come into states of consciousness that I'd describe as "beyond euphoria" on DOC trips as well

I use all psychedelics at high doses, I don't wanna waste my time wading in the kiddy pool when I could plunge the depths (which is the only way I've gained any benefits from psychedelics)...at full doses id say DOC is much more genuinely introspective than LSD & doesn't have the immature silliness of acid...

DOC is the perfect philosophers trip to me, and in some ways I consider it the phenethylamine equivalent to DMT (both the most grandiose & "out there" in their class pretty much)...as far as euphoria goes, it's definitely strongly present, in a much more balanced, logical form than LSD or MDxx as well - sometimes I've come into states of consciousness that I'd describe as "beyond euphoria" on DOC trips as well

I will probably give DOC a try at some point in time. Honestly I think I want a mixture of the introspectiveness, euphoria and empathy (love to tripp closely with my friends).

It works good, even with ultra poisonous stimulants like 2-DPMP.

But I always end up getting diarrhea, because I take too much magnesium.

Oops, links were wrong. The correct links are here:

Clinically speaking LSD doesn't result in harmful vasoconstriction. DOC is much different and has repeatedly resulted in both hospitalization involving malignant vasoconstriction and deaths. Stay safe.

These people snorted pure LSD and walked out of the hospital.

This person took a comparatively small dose of DOC, required amputations, and nearly died.

A different user on this forum was hospitalized from DOC vasoconstriction at the estimated dose of 4mg. Each persons' response varies.

I've been using DOC for years without problems & have no intention of pushing the dose any further than I already have...as well that kid who was hospitalized took almost 10x the dosage I take, in addition to numerous other psychedelics, while in a benzo blackout - in surprised the kid didn't die with that stupid behavior, the way I use DOC is nothing like that, I don't combine it with other psychedelics & I take doses that I know work well with my body...surely you aren't so blinded by fear that you cant see the huge fucking difference in how that kid used it vs how I & other rational psychonauts use it?

Last edited:
Besides all that what I get out of my DOC trips is 100% worth the risks anyways (especially considering I know how it interacts with my body very well & have for a long time)

Magnesium is good for stims but I think it's because of what magnesium does for muscle tone (and in doing so can alleviate cramps), it is also used for the bruxism of MDMA for that reason. I am a little unclear on whether a little calcium is extra beneficial, but I think too much calcium would counter the magnesium benefit.
Get some of the basic electrolytes too while you're at it.

Doesn't seem like tolazoline is easy to get but even if you have it, don't take it casually, don't take it unless you really have to - and normally you would have to be taking unhealthy big doses of e.g. DOX which you shouldn't do to begin with. Be aware that tolazoline makes your heart work faster so it may not actually be worth it in all cases.

Yes a significant part of complaints people have on certain psychedelics would indeed be cramps rather than directly felt vasoconstriction, but IIRC vasoconstriction can easily cause cramps because of inefficient blood flow to muscles - lack of certain compounds is believed to be among possible causes for cramping especially when exerting yourself for hours - although something like bruxism from MDMA has a very different etiology.

Clinically speaking LSD doesn't result in harmful vasoconstriction. DOC is much different and has repeatedly resulted in both hospitalization involving malignant vasoconstriction and deaths. Stay safe.

These people snorted pure LSD and walked out of the hospital.

This person took a comparatively small dose of DOC, required amputations, and nearly died.

A different user on this forum was hospitalized from DOC vasoconstriction at the estimated dose of 4mg. Each persons' response varies.

ramajamsam,

Re-read my original comment. A person was hospitalized from and estimated dose of 4mg of DOX.

Which sounds like an allergic reaction, which I obviously don't have given how many times I've taken DOC without issue...even vasoconstriction hasn't been an issue for me, I just wanted to find a way to make it *technically* a little bit safer

I've also heard of people having heart attacks their first time trying cocaine, or going to the hospital due to an allergic reaction to alcohol...some people's bodies don't do so well with heavier substances, he'll I've personally known people who have major allergic reactions to cannabis too, doesn't make me afraid to smoke pot (especially not since I've used marijuana for longer than any other drugs without any issues)

Trying to convince me not to use the substance that has basically saved my life & made me who I am now simply isn't gonna work, I appreciate the sentiment but I'm sure there are inexperienced members who actually need that help you could preach to instead maybe? People who don't have a few years of experience under their belts, people who don't already know how their drugs interact with their bodies?

I'd also never give DOC to anyone but myself, I know it's riskier than classic psychedelics & some others, I accept those risks every time I take DOC & will continue to do so

Seems like a fair point to want a bit more specifics about why someone got hospitalized, there are a lot of questions like were the symptoms of concern alarming or indeed actually serious, any predispositions, medications, other drugs, etc etc.

There will always be idiosyncratic reactions. Maybe on occasion a reaction to a DOX can be pretty bad, I'd like to know a lot more about it! But throwing it out there as an argument that someone got hospitalized is concerning but hardly valuable without details.

Not to start a whole discussion about NBOMe's, but I really wonder if there are many more than the ~25 fatal reactions in the media, and if there is any rough idea about reported hospitalizations from it. That vague area between 25 or a potential 250 or 2500 etc is so significant that it can put very relative terms on the odds of something happening to you at reasonable doses.
I've been advocating against NBOMe's for a long time because we knew so little and a lot of it seems threatening about it - I guess it is only fair to wonder about the other side of the story: the actual statistics and the odds vs. how alarming or unexpected some reactions are.

Some drugs can produce Stevens-Johnsson Syndrome in people which must be an absolute horror but when enough is known about statistical chances, I think it can make people rather casual about the slight possibility of it whereas there is mostly a lot of fear of the unknown before that point. There is a lot of reassurance in knowing even though it might turn out to not make an actual difference.

Yup, and it's true that most cheap stuff is magnesium oxide which is not absorbed well at all. The form (salt form, chelation, particle size, suspension etc), which varies in production cost, is what makes a difference between cheap and expensive vitamine / trace element formulae... just in case you always thought that it must be marketing bullshit since they are all supposed to contain same goodies.