• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using magnesium to help with vasoconstriction with phenethylamine psychedelics?

ramajamsam

Bluelighter
So I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to use magnesium as an aid for the vasoconstriction caused by compounds such as DOC?

I already use magnesium to help with my Kratom tolerance & for its other benefits, just wondering if I should use it when I take "heavy duty" DOx/2C-x compounds as well, or if I should just use food based remedies like black pepper/cayenne/garlic/etc...

Anyone have experience with this? Vasoconstriction has never been a huge issue for me anyways, but it's better safe than sorry (especially given my love of high doses)...

Never tried any of the DOX series but I get terrible vasoconstriction on most psychedelics with Phenethylamines being the worst for it usually.
I've tried magnesium suppliment regimens many times with not much luck but what I find really does help is Advil and muscle pain cream like tiger balm or Liv Relief cream.

^ I don't think magnesium is a vasodilator - So the short answer is no.

Cayenne pepper and chili are known to be natural vasodilators, as well as theobromine from cocoa. Also niacin as nicotinic acid, that's vitamin B3, is known to be a vasodilator.

I guess aspirin or alcohol even could be considered in a tight spot, if nothing else was available.....

Otherwise you'd want tolazoline. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolazoline

Last edited:
Magnesium blocks (some) calcium channels which inhibits vasoconstriction. This and other effects are why it's used in the treatment of eclampsia. On the other hand, aspirin isn't a vasodilator - it has antiplatelet activity, which decreases the likelihood of clot formation.

Well, if you're concerned about lethal vasoconstriction LSD and Psilocybin are your friends.

Last edited:
Magnesium blocks (some) calcium channels which inhibits vasoconstriction. This and other effects are why it's used in the treatment of eclampsia. On the other hand, aspirin isn't a vasodilator - it has antiplatelet activity, which decreases the likelihood of clot formation.

Thanks, I didn't know that about magnesium. I guess it can't hurt to supplement with when tripping. Thinking about it though, I actually did know aspirin wasn't a real vasodilator, I just forgot.

DOC has taught me so much more than shrooms or especially LSD could ever touch - DOC works with my brain chemistry in such an amazingly unique way that it's worth any risk for me to use it, as well as mentioned before I've never actually had real issues with it, just wanna be as safe as I can with it is all...

as well I've felt the same vasoconstriction effects from high doses of LSD as with high doses of DOC anyways, it goes well with my body so it's never been extreme, if I wasn't educated on the subject I don't think I'd ever notice with either drug anyways

Im also thinking about just making a cup of ginger tea with cayenne & black pepper to drink next time I take DOC, I'll see what I do when I'm there tho, thank you guys for the responses!

Rama, I'm interested in what draws you back to DOC? I ended up getting a bunch about a decade ago, and although I had a ton of fun on it, I had a lot of uncomfortable moments from vascular constriction and a few stomach issues. I ended up stopping use completely after watching a friend seize off a little less than 3mg. We were smoking Spice so don't start thinking that DOC is an extreme killer.

Well, my body is very resistant to negative side effects from powerful stimulants (had a speed freak phase for a while like 2 years ago, outside of that been ingesting vast quantities of Kratom/caffeine/ginseng, or when I was younger coffee, since my mid teens) - so physically it doesn't cause major issues for me (honestly less than shrooms or many tryptamine compounds)

As well the headspace simply suits my personality/lifestyle/interests more perfectly than any other substance I've come across, DOC has taught me so much more than any other psychedelic, it's easily the most intellectual trip, which suits my nerdiness, as well i simply find it to be the most consistently, fully satisfactory trip, the most all encompassing as well since it has some of that tryptamine/lysergamide "madness" blended into the phenethylamine clarity/wisdom...

When I first got into DOC a couple years ago, I was a complete wreck due to extensive abuse of MXE & amphetamines, it basically helped me start to pull myself back together, helped me "see the light" & resolve a lot of issues I'd had earlier in life, hence why id consider it my "ally", no other substance has helped me in such a drastic, incredible way, it basically does for me what I thought acid would do when I was younger honestly

I use magnesium with all psychedelics and stimulants. It really helps the body load.

What dosage is your normal? Do you go for deep trips or just the light ones?

I always would describe it as less of an introspection aspect and more of a straight euphoria than LSD or MDA (which seems oddly introspective for me), kind of like comparing the 2c-x compunds to Mescaline. Since I had access to all of them but I had side effects from DOC, I never really gave it much of a shot.

Cyberius, how much do you take before a DOC trip?

Tolazoline was mentioned earlier in this thread but honestly, for the sake of harm reduction I would really just recomend Advil and if you still are having any muscle tension then I would just use a topical anti inflamitory like Liv Relief cream. That stuff is amazing.

While ibuprofen might help with the bodyload, it's not a vasodilator.

Most people don't have access to tolazoline, but if they do, it should obviously just be part of the first aid kit, only to be used in case of emergency.

Ibuprofen might not be a vasodilator but it certainly is an anti inflamitory and I think when most people refer to vasoconstriction on psychedelics they mean that they are having muscle tension and/or cramps.
Nsaids like Advil will reduce muscle tension dramatically but for sure if your feet are turning blue, use the tolazoline!!!
It's definetley wise to have some of it around in case if an emergency!

Clarification, I was asking about this while reading this thread but I was not asked for use with DOC but for 25i-NBOMe. I get very bad vasoconstriction when I take it. I like the tripp a lot but I spend almost an hour curled up in a ball on my bed during the body load in extreme pain from my guts almost every time I take it.

Clarification, I was asking about this while reading this thread but I was not asked for use with DOC but for 25i-NBOMe. I get very bad vasoconstriction when I take it. I like the tripp a lot but I spend almost an hour curled up in a ball on my bed during the body load in extreme pain from my guts almost every time I take it.

I don't take things that cause extreme pain in my gut everytime :p haha.

I hear really bad things about that class of chemicals in general, maybe it's not just vasoconstriction....

Yeah I understand what its doing when it does that and I have a super high pain tolerance due to a disability. So while that up to an hour sucks I can still meditate on other aspects as the high builds. That is the only problem I have ever had on 25i. 25i is the only one of them I will do outside of LSD. But they are different highs. 25i is not as deep but more fun and euphoric. Its just that damn constriction during the load that gets me.