• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using Etizolam to get off of phenibut? Same gaba receptors?

It should help a lot, but I'm not sure if it will cover all of the symptoms completely. Phenibut primarily works on GABAb (and GABAa in high doses), etizolam is GABAa.

Baclofen is usually prescribed for phenibut withdrawal, and it's not too difficult to get from a doctor.

But in any case it will certainly help to some degree.

get baclofen or gabapentin. you already have a pentanoid/gaba-b habit -- etizolam and other benzos actually produce an even deadlier/more dangerous withdrawal syndrome than phenibut itself.
that's sort of out of the frying pan into the fire - since you already have the pentanoid/gaba-b habit, i would just stick to that and taper out of it with lesser agents. Also a much easier withdrawal. baclofen would be ideal.

I found baclofen covers most of the withdrawal symptoms of phenibut, and definitely covers all of the medically dangerous symptoms.

That is because baclofen essentially is phenibut, as it simply phenibut with a chlorine attached at the 4 position of the phenyl ring. Thus you could describe baclofen as 4-chloro-phenibut. Phenibut does have stronger action as a calcium channel blocker, especially considering the greater volume of material used. If you combine gabapentin + baclofen will are able reduce 100% of phenibut withdrawal symptoms

I was able to drop 2 grams from a 4g/day phenibut habit overnight with the addition of just 25mg of baclofen. It didn't cover all the withdrawal but it sure covered most of it.

I suspect there are other factors going on here, especially if 100mg of baclofen didn't help.

I came off 7-10 grams a day in jail with no medical help and began to hallucinate auditory and visual I thought I was going to go insane
Psychosis is well known for phenibut, both in withdrawal and, for me, even during it's effects.

If I take 10g in a 72 hour period I begin to visually hallucinate... which is one of the reasons I don't take it anymore. I would often see 2 dimensional cartoon characters projected onto every surface. Odd, concerning.

GABAb drugs can be quite weird/awful in this way.

Damn that’s a crazy dose of phenibut, I would typically take 750-1000mg phenibut and never use it more than 2 times a week cause Iv heard how shitty comming off it can be, I don’t even like it by itself, but 750mg phenibut and a good dose of pod tea will have you right where you want to be, they work so well together imo

As always, I am consistently amazed at the doses of phenibut you guys take that complain of debilitating withdrawal. I've been taking it at least 3-4 times a week (usually every other day) in doses that rarely go above 2 grams, and if I decide to go without for several days I don't feel a damn bit of that nasty withdrawal that phenibut is known for. I'm not trying to come off as better than anyone, but there has rarely been a need for me to raise my dose past that level.

As always, I am consistently amazed at the doses of phenibut you guys take that complain of debilitating withdrawal. I've been taking it at least 3-4 times a week (usually every other day) in doses that rarely go above 2 grams, and if I decide to go without for several days I don't feel a damn bit of that nasty withdrawal that phenibut is known for. I'm not trying to come off as better than anyone, but there has rarely been a need for me to raise my dose past that level.

probably the same reason ive injected 200 mg of mdma, overdosed 9 times, taken 7 grams of shrooms at once.. I have no limits

i've barely ever done phenibut, but i'm pretty sure fasoracetam affects the same receptors in reverse

None of the same receptors are involved. Phenibut is an agonist of GABA-B and voltage-gated calcium ion channels, and etizolam is a GABA-A positive allosteric modulator. That said, etizolam will definitely help. But be really, really careful, because benzo withdrawal will make phenibut withdrawal look like a walk in the park. Taking large doses (over 2mg) increases the quickness with which you will get addicted, as does dosing multiple times a day. You could go heavy with it but only for a few days. Phenibut withdrawal lasts like 2 weeks, you can't take etizolam that long, especially if you're taking it multiple times a day (since it wears off relatively quickly), for that long, without getting at least somewhat physically dependent on etizolam.

A better option is baclofen. It works very well against phenibut withdrawal, it covers it almost all the way up, and is not recreational and apparently is quite easy to taper off of. It's a GABA-B agonist also, so you may have to taper off of it.

However, all that said, I have been addicted to phenibut a few times, and this is my method for getting off. I don't taper down my dose or anything, I just skip a day. Phenigut withdrawal doesn't fully kick in for about 48 hours. The skipped day, I don't feel great, but it's bearable. Then I take it again, then skip a day, etc. Basically, drop a day, so I'm doing every other day. I do that until I feel stable and normal at that dosage pattern. Then I skip another day, so I'm taking it every 3rd day. Again, the second day is unpleasant, it will be hard to sleep (though there is not the insane restless limbs of opiate withdrawal, I actually get super intense dreams when I doze, that I really enjoy, and I can lay quietly and comfortably, just very hard to sleep deeply), and there will be transient bouts of intense anxiety, but it's not so bad. Anyway, I then stabilize on every 3rd day, then skip a day again, do every 4 days. Same pattern repeats, I keep skipping another day. Once I'm at every 6th day, and I feel stable there, I have always been able to just stop and I'm good, no withdrawal except sleep still takes a little longer to get fully back to normal, I sleep more lightly and can have trouble falling asleep, but it's not straight up insomnia. I also experience transient bouts of anxiety where I can snap myself out of them and realize I had no reason to feel anxious, for another couple of weeks after I stop completely.

So it's kind of a long road, but it lets you get off phenibut without just switching to another addiction, or going cold turkey.

i've barely ever done phenibut, but i'm pretty sure fasoracetam affects the same receptors in reverse

It is (supposedly) a GABA-B antagonist, yes. I have heard anecdotal reports of it helping people recover from phenibut abuse, but I would think that was after they were past acute withdrawals, and trying to up-regulate their GABA-B receptors to return to normal more quickly.

Anybody know if Phenibut affect's Sodium channel's?

A GABA-a agonist, like Etizolam, certainly helps when dealing with GHB withdrawal. GHB targets GABA-b and GHB receptor's, so the withdrawal should be orientated towards that. Despite that GABA-a orientated drugs work.

There are also lots of story's about Phenibut alleviating GHB withdrawal. But these are anecdotal report's not reseach project's.

Benzodiazepine's have been theorized to execute their anti-convulsant effect's due to sodium-channel pharmacology. Beside their GABA-a ergic action.

There is only one thing that beyond the theory is bothering me. What is for you the most addicting substance. If its Etizolam i would recommend tapering the Phenibut instead of swapping to a maybe more dangerous path.

Anybody know if Phenibut affect's Sodium channel's?

A GABA-a agonist, like Etizolam, certainly helps when dealing with GHB withdrawal. GHB targets GABA-b and GHB receptor's, so the withdrawal should be orientated towards that. Despite that GABA-a orientated drugs work.

There are also lots of story's about Phenibut alleviating GHB withdrawal. But these are anecdotal report's not reseach project's.

Benzodiazepine's have been theorized to execute their anti-convulsant effect's due to sodium-channel pharmacology. Beside their GABA-a ergic action.

There is only one thing that beyond the theory is bothering me. What is for you the most addicting substance. If its Etizolam i would recommend tapering the Phenibut instead of swapping to a maybe more dangerous path.

For some reason I’ve never really experienced benzo withdrawal even after abusing upwards of a month straight. I’m sure I’m not immune but it hasn’t happened it. I will cut the Etizolam at a week certainly

7 grams of shrooms isn’t that crazy of a dose tho, it a big dose for sure, but around the 10g area is where shit really gets wacky
The weight really doesn't have much to do with it. I took one g once of 3/4 dried and couldn't see anything but fractals for hours. I dosed a little early and when I landed I had to scoop seven others in fractal land from the various positions they ended up in the forest.. it was a large outdoor bonfire gathering.