• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Using benzos recreationally

Damn I wish my benzos did all that 2 me my "buddy " takes 6 mg clonazepam a day 30 mgs at night of temazepam an halcion 0.125 mgs as needed are the prescribed doses but I had major car wreak ,open heart surgery was on 140 mgs of methadone 3 30 mg oxy imm release for break thru pain an Im n my early 30's now was on mdone all threw my 20's when took my benzodiazepines I used to nod like a mutha now I'm on two 8 mg's sl subutex took awile to make the switch but the benzos are the only thing that helps with the pain so don't go back on mdone an oxy oh an does anyone else think d-amp knocks out their meds so they have to take a lot more an not just for the come down on days when take my dexidrine i end up eating so many benzos its crazy an a waste cause just mellows me out I thought dex was SUPP to potientate opio's pain reducing effect

I used to take benzos recreationally, for some they don't seem to find much recreational value from them. Personally, I like the nice calm soothing feeling they give. Though in higher doses and this is talking from personal experience, you're going to get into the realms of blacking out.

As joey said, once you start getting foggy, you can end up taking more and more, till the point you wake up late the next day, hungover, wondering what happened, with half your blister missing. It's never good when your friends tell you of all the weird shit you said to them and you can't remember any of it.

In terms of harm reduction, I wouldn't mix alcohol with benzos. They potentiate each other to a severe degree and in honesty, it's not worth it. Neither is mixing them up really.

If you're looking for a recreational dosage, usually for me, I'd take double what I had been prescribed medicinally. So if I'd been prescribed 5mg of diazepam, I'd take 10. Wait for it too kick in and if I still wanted to get more chill, take another 5 or split a tab etc.... You can always take more, but you can't take less.

I've mixed benzos and alcohol with some awesome results.

The big trick is to take a small dose, put the rest in a safe place you're not going to get into, and then just relax with a few beers.

.5mg of lorazepam is what I do, even though my script is for 1mg/day. .5 is plenty with alcohol. Gets me loosened up, feeling good, and pretty damn drunk fast.

It's soooo easy to take more benzos than you planned, either in a binge fashion or on a continued basis. DON'T DO IT. Take your recreational dose and put them out of reach where you can't take more. And don't use them recreationally more than a couple times a month (if that).

I learned the hard way with etizolam. 20 months of withdrawals is beyond "not worth it". I wish someone would've warned me. I have no doubt my brain has been physically damaged by benzos. Be careful.

Depends on your goals. Benzos definitely enhance other downers... like weed enhances hallucinogens. Those shrooms really kick in when you smoke a bowl. Well drink two beers and pop a benzo and that drunk will kick in full effect with extra euphoria and happier feeling of a lighter stomach.

They also seem to do the same with pain pills. Adding a little benzo to the pain pill will allow you to take a smaller dose and get a better high. Benzos are good when used as recreational enhancers... but when used alone people do tend to either black out or become cleptos and steal a bunch of shit... crash a car. and once you take 3 - 5 bars... you won't really remember you took that many and yeah pretty soon you might have taken 20.

If you are going to use just benzos, definitely mix them. I really enjoyed alprazolam, diazepam and clonazepam better than any one benzo alone. next best I would say to throw in the mix.. lorazepam.

I just tried taking clonazepam with ambien but my tolerance is too high and I only had two. Now I have to hope my dad doesn't check his pill bottle and I can secretly replace them at the local bus stop pharmacy... only open in the mornings. :(

It's soooo easy to take more benzos than you planned, either in a binge fashion or on a continued basis. DON'T DO IT. Take your recreational dose and put them out of reach where you can't take more. And don't use them recreationally more than a couple times a month (if that).

I learned the hard way with etizolam. 20 months of withdrawals is beyond "not worth it". I wish someone would've warned me. I have no doubt my brain has been physically damaged by benzos. Be careful.

Well I can agree to this. I used to be a genius. I had a 148 IQ and graduated honors in high school even though I got addicted to heroin my senor year. I never really lost my intelligence and learned how to work from my computer, got to travel the world and even lived a life with enough love and joy I forgot about drugs for many years. But things change and I found myself in South America, super depressed and relapsed I decided to come off of heroin with ketamine and benzos. Not sure which one did it but it led to several months of just being a mutant pharazoid zombie fuck. After two having two seizures from the benzo and ketamine withdrawl someone helped me get back to the US. I had a 14 month stint of absolutely no drugs, healthy eating and everything and couldn't heal. I believe I will heal but it does some pretty serious and permanent shit to your brain. benzos definitely MUST be monitored. Though they still help me from time to time and i'm gaining my intelligence back... I was just barely above average intelligence when I had an IQ test done at some treatment facility testing for psych problems because I decided for spiritual reasons (no drugs involved) to do a 40 day fast which then at day 20 led me into a meditation that guided me to stay awake for 20 days (of light) to experience 3 days dark. No drug could ever compare with what I went through in those final days... ever... in any quantity. because I have tried them all. And although I guess your risk death at about 25 - 28 days without sleep, you risk death anytime you take a drug.

So damn in short, the mind is the craziest pharmacy but then you gotta do all the work that those other little lab rats do for you to just make the pill... and umm I think benzos a great recreational bonus. An overly problematic solo solution especially since if you luckily have no problems you probably won't remember all the fun anyway.

Benzos recreationally are boring........just a dull feeling.

Temazepam is the only benzo I enjoyed once in a while recreationally. Other than that, benzos are definitely not worth catching a habit while trying to have fun on them. The withdrawal is insane!

Now I take 2.5mgs of Valium only if I'm stressed out a lot, & that's like once a month.

Benzos are a great one way ticket to your own personal hell.

Everybody's body reacts differently to them and it's unknown how they will affect you even if you do use them very seldomly.

There's other drugs out there that'll get you high without the dangers of long and shitty withdrawal.

Reading this thread reminds of me the days I used to pop Xanax like a mad man. Even then, by themselves they were pretty boring. But throw some coke in the mix, and you're a smooth operator. I don't do Xanax or any benzos at all anymore. Because eventually you grow up and realize that taking 4 bars and at 9pm and waking up at 4pm the next day at home(which is on the other side of city) without any recollection of what happened in between isn't the brightest idea. I'm grateful to be alive and not dependent on them, because I had a lot of nights like that.

I have a theory on benzodiazepines when it comes to their "recreational value". I think those of us who suffer from anxiety and other mood disorders will tend to find benzos recreational and pleasing. The calm buzz is a breath of fresh air for me since my anxiety is a big issue for me. I love popping a benzo, smoking a bowl and watching my favorite TV shows. Throw an opioid in there and it may just be one of the best days ever :p... but for people who don't have anxiety... they find them to be useless. My friend doesn't have anxiety... and she finds them useless. Yet I'd seriously S a D for a bottle of benzos... if the mg and type are worth it of course :p

I used to take benzos recreationally, for some they don't seem to find much recreational value from them. Personally, I like the nice calm soothing feeling they give. Though in higher doses and this is talking from personal experience, you're going to get into the realms of blacking out.

As joey said, once you start getting foggy, you can end up taking more and more, till the point you wake up late the next day, hungover, wondering what happened, with half your blister missing. It's never good when your friends tell you of all the weird shit you said to them and you can't remember any of it.

In terms of harm reduction, I wouldn't mix alcohol with benzos. They potentiate each other to a severe degree and in honesty, it's not worth it. Neither is mixing them up really.

If you're looking for a recreational dosage, usually for me, I'd take double what I had been prescribed medicinally. So if I'd been prescribed 5mg of diazepam, I'd take 10. Wait for it too kick in and if I still wanted to get more chill, take another 5 or split a tab etc.... You can always take more, but you can't take less.

Thing is for me I don't really like how xanax feels afterwards, with the quick rebound anxiety and hangover feeling so I'm not really sure just taking that in a higher dose is the best idea. Maybe if I took a large dose of one of the RC's perhaps.. maybe meclonazepam.
You are right one cannot take less once ingested so I will tread carefully.

So far I've managed to have lots of pills laying around while using benzo therapeutically without going on a binge. But I'm guessing when using recreationally even someone like me could start popping them like candy. Where should I put them, leave them behind far away at a relatives/friends house? Or do you think just locking them up somewhere down in my storage and hiding the key will be sufficient? I have many other pills too of different types, do I need to be worried I completely lose my judgment and might start eating them too?

Thanks for the warning. I'm really sorry you experienced such a prolonged withdrawal.. can't even imagine it. Are you over it by now though?

I have a theory on benzodiazepines when it comes to their "recreational value". I think those of us who suffer from anxiety and other mood disorders will tend to find benzos recreational and pleasing. The calm buzz is a breath of fresh air for me since my anxiety is a big issue for me. I love popping a benzo, smoking a bowl and watching my favorite TV shows. Throw an opioid in there and it may just be one of the best days ever :p... but for people who don't have anxiety... they find them to be useless. My friend doesn't have anxiety... and she finds them useless. Yet I'd seriously S a D for a bottle of benzos... if the mg and type are worth it of course :p

Precisely! That's how I felt about benzodiazepines right from the start though I haven't yet used them recreationally but when I take xanax for example just in a low dose, I feel so good just cause the anxiety melts away while many people seem to require huge doses to feel anything and even then there's hardly any euphoria or good feelings in it for them. For me pretty much everything that has anxiolytic properties or is muscle relaxing feels awesome and I also like to just park myself in the sofa and watch some tv shows and not really have to think or feel anxious.

Haha something like a bottle of 1 mg's flunitrazepam maybe? :p
Luckily I don't have to resort to doing anything like that, I already have more pills than what I can put to good use and knowing how I tend to be a hoarder with things I like, I'm afraid my collection will only keep growing. But hey always good to have some as a backup right!

Valium is fucking AWESOME. In some ways it actually reminds me of MDMA - it makes me mellow as fuck and enhances tactile sensations, sociability and appreciation for music. If I want to get sloppy I'll take 15-20mg with maybe one or two beers.

Don't do it mate.. used to take 80mg+ diazepam and a bottle of a wine a night, don't fall into the trap.

Let's talk for a sec about the "recreational properties" of benzos.

Benzos, in my opinion, have limited recreational value. This is partially because the benzos themselves do not provide euphoria. They provide relief from anxiety, and this relief can be mildly euphoric for some (especially those with higher baseline anxiety, or those more prone to panic attacks.)

A low dose benzo will do just this - remove anxiety. This is, ideally, all you'd ever want to use them for, because both recreational and regular use of benzodiazepines is a very slippery slope, as I'm sure many others will tell you.

But you asked, so I'll answer. You want to find the lowest dose of a benzo that still lessens your anxiety to a notable degree. Then, if you want to get "high" (more like a buzz), double that dose. You might feel a bit drunk - maybe some stumbling, loss of inhibitions, drowsiness, munchies, and lack of memory the next morning.

I wouldn't recommend going over this dose. Going over the dose I just described leads to blackout territory. Best case scenario, you'll sleep it all away, and wake up having essentially wasted all your drugs. Worst case scenario, you can do some very regrettable things while under the influence, that later fuck with you for a long time to come. A buddy of mine is doing two years in prison for something he did while blacked out on kpin. Can you imagine that, taking a pill and then your very next memory is waking up in a cage that you'll have to live in for the next two years? Benzos are no joke, and taking a callous approach to them can end up with devastating consequences.

Just be careful man. I'm not your mom, I'm not the cops, I'm just some random dude on the internet who has enough personal experience to advise you that trying to use benzos in any sort of recreational way is not a smart idea. They have limited recreational potential, and don't even get me started on how shitty the addiction part is. These things are insidiously addictive in a way that no other drug I know of is, and most people here agree that they have some of the worst withdrawals out there. They work wonderfully for their intended purpose - panic attacks, comedowns, seizures, etc.

I may be a bit of a hypocrite, since I use (low-ish dose) benzos on a nightly basis. But I started using benzos "recreationally", and eventually became addicted. Becoming addicted to benzos may have been one of the worst decisions of my drug career, if not my life. It fucked my life up, hard, in ways that I don't have the time or energy to elaborate on here. But hey, what do I know? Your decisions are yours to make alone. Best of luck and please stay safe

Last edited:

I'd pretty much agree 100%.

Not even just anxiety, but some people who find it hard to shut off after a long day. If you're already a pretty relaxed person, a mild dose of benzos, if anything, depending on your energy levels, will just make you feel sleepy. Though if you're unknowingly pent up with anxiety or can't shut off, a benzo gives you that calming relaxing feeling, which a lot of people find recreational.

Think you summed it up pretty well.

Serious benzos n recreation need to be kept separate smoke weed eat mushies whatever but leave benzos for their purpose anxiety.