• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Using benzos recreationally

I'd pretty much agree 100%.

Not even just anxiety, but some people who find it hard to shut off after a long day. If you're already a pretty relaxed person, a mild dose of benzos, if anything, depending on your energy levels, will just make you feel sleepy. Though if you're unknowingly pent up with anxiety or can't shut off, a benzo gives you that calming relaxing feeling, which a lot of people find recreational.

Think you summed it up pretty well.
There's more to it than that. If you were describing Xanax rather than benzodiazepines as a whole then I'd agree with you.
Xanax kills anxiety but I don't find it euphoric because it doesn't really do much else. It's bland and boring.
Diazepam and temazepam also kill anxiety but I find them highly euphoric. I think a lot of it comes from their muscle relaxant, sedative-hypnotic and anticonvulsant properties. It's not all about the mental 'I feel calm' aspect... that feeling of deep, profound physical relaxation is what really defines the experience for me. If you are a fan of GABAergics then you should enjoy Valium.

There's more to it than that. If you were describing Xanax rather than benzodiazepines as a whole then I'd agree with you.
Xanax kills anxiety but I don't find it euphoric because it doesn't really do much else. It's bland and boring.
Diazepam and temazepam also kill anxiety but I find them highly euphoric. I think a lot of it comes from their muscle relaxant, sedative-hypnotic and anticonvulsant properties. It's not all about the mental 'I feel calm' aspect... that feeling of deep, profound physical relaxation is what really defines the experience for me. If you are a fan of GABAergics then you should enjoy Valium.
Or Clonazepam

Take care if going down the 'benzos for fun' route. Your tolerance will rocket and you'll need more to treat your anxiety. As everyone else has said, don't mix them with booze. Even I, who is well versed in both substances, find it almost impossible to gauge where a blackout dose is. Nothing good has ever proceeded a blackout (almost burning house down, countless scars, losing friends)

Take care if going down the 'benzos for fun' route. Your tolerance will rocket and you'll need more to treat your anxiety. As everyone else has said, don't mix them with booze. Even I, who is well versed in both substances, find it almost impossible to gauge where a blackout dose is. Nothing good has ever proceeded a blackout (almost burning house down, countless scars, losing friends)
Benzos are not GHB or barbiturates. Benzos and booze do potentiate each other but the health risks are greatly overexaggerated.

In sensible amounts, Valium+alcohol is a perfectly safe combo and one that I actually recommend. Valium is very popular in my area and everyone round here drinks on it. What happens is they end up drinking a lot less than they would if they hadn't taken the Valium (which is a good thing because alcohol is very hard on the body).

One thing I would advise against is drinking on old school sedatives like Soma or GHB.

Benzos are not GHB or barbiturates. Benzos and booze do potentiate each other but the health risks are greatly overexaggerated.

In sensible amounts, Valium+alcohol is a perfectly safe combo and one that I actually recommend. Valium is very popular in my area and everyone round here drinks on it. What happens is they end up drinking a lot less than they would if they hadn't taken the Valium (which is a good thing because alcohol is very hard on the body).

One thing I would advise against is drinking on old school sedatives like Soma or GHB.

I never said benozs were either GHB or Barbiturates. Clearly barbs are way riskier when mixed with alcohol... In the name of 'harm reduction' i would disagree with you, benzo's and alcohol is not perfectly safe at all. It may be that certain people drink less on it, but this is not the majority of people at all. IF it is, please send some studies through which back up these claims. I find it almost impossible to fathom the notion that if valium is big in your area, not one person has blacked out while drinking on it, putting themselves and perhaps others at risk. Dont get me wrong, Its fun. Its not, however, safe.

I ALWAYS lose track of how many I actually take, I never actually black out but I don't remember conversations I had the day before. I also have an unquenchable desire to steal, which is weird because I dont need to but I just feel like it. Its more of a desire for quick money. Fucking benzos man.

I am currently pissed because no psychiatrist or doctor I've seen in the last year will prescribe me a benzo. Unfortunately my medical record shows substance abuse... and with that label I've had no luck. Even complaining of panic attacks the most they'd give me is hydroxyzine. I enjoy low doses of benzos for the relaxation and anxiety relief they provide. I also at one point though was taking 1-3mg daily of clonazepam...and I was only on clonazepam for roughly 4-6 months (memory is shit), and I went through some pretty rough withdrawals when they cut my supply. To this day because I cannot get a script I take them whenever I can get my hands on them but won't take them for longer than a few days in fear of going through those awful withdrawals again. No sleep for days, panic attacks, hallucinations.. fuck all that.

My favorite benzo so far is clonazepam or lorazepam. I also agree that different benzos do have different attributes and the sedative-hypnotic/muscle relaxing benzos are my favorite. I don't have much experience with diazepam.. as I've only used it once and it was to come off meth and it worked like a charm... I fell asleep and felt decent the next day till I ran out of diazepam and ended up having to settle for remeron to try to sleep off the horrible blues of crash.

Last edited:
You've probably done it already, but I'd really advise against trying to get recreational mileage out of a drug you're prescribed for legit purposes. Tolerance isn't really predictable and can sneak up on you quickly. The last thing you want is for your meds to stop helping you with your anxiety because you used them for a few relatively boring benders, right?

It's soooo easy to take more benzos than you planned, either in a binge fashion or on a continued basis. DON'T DO IT. Take your recreational dose and put them out of reach where you can't take more. And don't use them recreationally more than a couple times a month (if that).

I learned the hard way with etizolam. 20 months of withdrawals is beyond "not worth it". I wish someone would've warned me. I have no doubt my brain has been physically damaged by benzos. Be careful.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you take etizolam before experiencing a 20 month withdrawal? Did you stop cold turkey?

I've always wanted to try Etizolam... but I've always been too scared to buy from online sources in fear of the Feds showing up at my house lol. From what I understand though it isn't even scheduled... but it is a benzodiazepine.. which is strange to me.. since I assumed all benzos would be.

Its actually a theionodiazipine or something that's spelled similar to that. Id Google it but I'm lazy. I doubt the feds would come after you unless you're ordering like a kilo of it lol

Benzodiazepines aren't very recreational. They're only for reducing anxiety mostly. I'd advise against frequent recreational use. That's a recipe for temporary to permanent benzodiazepine dependence. 2-methyl-2-butanol is more recreational. Then again, I'm not much of a downer(depressants, Sedative hypnotics) person. I'm more into uppers(stimulants). I also sometimes use low dose rc psychedelics as a learning tool. Use responsibly.

Dont do it you might black out for x amount of days and have a lot of not fun stuff to deal with. Happened to me with xanax, I took 2mg with a tolerance, blacked out, totalled my car, bought drugs from my dealers, got chased by the cops, went to jail followed by the hospital and then woke up in my bed with no sense that anything happened. Then a bunch of hazy memories slowly returned and I was thankful as fuck I didn't wake up somewhere other than my room (last place I remember) or kill myself or another person.

The high from benzos doesn't exist anyways, its a dull boring sedation. Yaaawn.

Maybe I am the only one who hasn't quite understood but did all that actually happen or did you just dream it all??

I never understood what people get out of benzos, I've tried xanax and valium and I love it for sleep but not for anything else... Last summer I had a bottle with like 80 .25mg pills and not once did I think of increasing the dose or anything, I just took them all to sleep over the course of months. Not every night since they weren't mine and had to "borrow" them