• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

uses of marijuana stems

"why the hell would you want to smoke wood?".

I made that comment because there is little to no THC in the stems, there is a coating of crystals around the dense plant fiber that they use to make rope and paper and clothing, but unlike the flowers there isn't enough of the drug in there to make it worth burning through all that wood

I may've posted this here before, can't remember... but to be 100% honest, if I get a bag that's got big stems (especially with like an 8th and up) I just cut up the stems fine enough so they won't fuck up a roll up-- like real fuckin' tiny-- and then I just mix in the powdered stem mixture all through the bud and I smoke it all. No headaches, no problems with the twist, the smoke.. in my opinion, it just adds to the stash a little bit. It's just a matter of if you're willing to go through all that with the stems or not

Well dude if you take a LOT of stems and make some hash, you should get a good gram or so of some DANK oil. Like you use .025 for one bowl, and its a fat bowl.

That's much better to add to your stash, and I seriously just made enough to coat an entire blunt in about a minute or two of work, and about 15 minutes of letting it dry

Yeah to anyone thinking of taking advice from my post, take Folley's advice first and foremost. An oil extract or making budder is far more ideal than smoking the stems directly. It should be a last resort basically.

Yeah to anyone thinking of taking advice from my post, take Folley's advice first and foremost. An oil extract or making budder is far more ideal than smoking the stems directly. It should be a last resort basically.

It sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how to make hash or hash oil. A PM with a direction to a decent guide would be pretty cool. Like, the amount, of bud needed, the end result, supplies needed, step-by-step... shit like that.

You know, if you don't mind. I kinda wanna spread a line of oil across a dutch and see what's different.

I definitely always smoke my stems out of a bowl. Doesn't work well in a joint of course. There are THC crystals on the stems, and that will get you high. You can definitely make edibles if you don't like smoking stems.

Save them up for a long time and make a tree fort with buds as sofas. It'd be like cheech and chongs car

It sounds like a good idea, but I don't know how to make hash or hash oil. A PM with a direction to a decent guide would be pretty cool. Like, the amount, of bud needed, the end result, supplies needed, step-by-step... shit like that.

You know, if you don't mind. I kinda wanna spread a line of oil across a dutch and see what's different.

Its seriously probably the easiest thing you can do with weed...

Just get a solvent, say 99% pure (that's important) acetone, and about an ounce of weed (more or less is OK too, so are stems). Grind it up, throw it in a glass jar, and pour just enough solvent so it covers the top of the weed in the jar. Let it sit for like 15+ seconds, then shake it for another 15-30. You only need a little while to get all the CBDs, anymore just takes in extra plant matter.

So right after your done shaking it, pour it out and strain it through something like a coffee filter. MAKE SURE no bud gets in the liquid oil that is separated. Just let that sit for like an hour, and you have hash oil

Repeat: Bud in jar, pour in solvent, shake, pour out, strain, smoke.

And what do you do with what remains trash it or is it smokeable when it dries just not as good

How do you make weed tea with them do you just put them in the tea like sugar

TWIG TEA:

Save your sticks and grind them up into powder using your handy dandy coffee grinder.

In a seperate pot (with a cover) boil about 2 cups of water to a rolling boil.

Add the ground up sticks (as much as you have from a teaspoon to 1/4 cup), Cover, lower heat to a LOW. Let tea steep for at least 5 minutes (I make some toast)

After 5 minutes, take pot off stove (***Turn off the stove***) toss in a teabag or two of your favorite tea (Liptons, herbal, Green tea, whatever) and let steep for another 5 minutes

To Serve:
Serve from a teapot that has a strainer in the spout OR
Strain your tea through a tea strainer OR
Use the funnel of your coffee maker with a filter in place, Sit the filter and funnel into the coffee pot and then pour the brewed tea through the funnel, the pure tea will drip/pour into the coffee (now your tea) pot

Serve with Sugar or Honey as the sticks will add a bitter flavor

if you google or youtube "making tea from stem" you'll get plenty of tutorials, while thc is not water soluble you may need to use butter.

you might get some kief from the stems but usually i just chew on it for no reason lol

Last edited:
Grind stems up, place in pepper shaker, then proceed to shake all over the place. Makes finding your stash by way of scent by man's best friend very difficult if not impossible.

My mate saves them up and makes fucking tea outta them, gets a pot and does the business. Says it gets him high but you know what? It just aint my cup of tea ;)

put them in a pill bottle or something similar, shake hard repeatedly, and kief will fall off

collect kief, win. putting it in the freezer first helps

/thread

stems have such a low thc content that it's not even worth smoking them. i'd throw them away if i were you.

Depends on the bud in my opinion....if it's high-grade hydro/chronic, for sure, smoke that shit. Why not? It still has low THC levels - they are better than nothing. With really, really good strands, I can even notice crystals on my stems. Doesn't happen that often, but it definitely occurs every few really good strands I come across...

But if it's anything less than the best of the best bud, throw that shit away, ain't worth it unless you're just that desperate.

Also, I wanted to say that I would still rate a bowl of stems a little above smoking resin, if only because resin ALWAYS tastes just disgusting...I went through a period where I had no money to spend on weed two years ago where I had to smoke plenty of resin and stem bowls, glad I'm not in that place anymore.

I wanted to say that I would still rate a bowl of stems a little above smoking resin

Dude, in the spirit of HR, I need to tell you something that you really need to listen to. This shit is important. Friends don't let friends smoke resin.

put them in a pill bottle or something similar, shake hard repeatedly, and kief will fall off

collect kief, win. putting it in the freezer first helps

/thread

I was desperate for a small hit to potentiate my codeine high & had no bud. I had collected a couple months worth of stems (I throw them in a little tuppaware container otherwise they end up all over my kitchen bench or floor because I am a lazy cunt) & froze them for 30 minutes. After shaking I was left with a small amount of kief at the bottom & was just enough for a smallish elbow pack in the vape. Not massive yield by any means but enough to get me high :D.

Kids don't smoke stems or resin. Going without is much better for your health.