• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

uses of marijuana stems

It's probably an old myth, but I got told that the stems contain chemicals that can make you sterile. But same goes, they taste like shit when smoked, so therefore I would have thought they contain more carcinogens than flower and more tar. That's why I don't smoke them, but if there was a way to use them and actually get a high from it, I'd do it.

Yeah I hear that myth in highschool too. Strange how myths like that propagate, kind of like the LSD-in-your-spine one. It's bollocks of course.

Wow, this thread has been around since 2002, noice.

I like using stems to make edibles, you can pass oil over the stems just like you would weed, etc. :)

I don't like saving stems because you need to save up so many and I dont like having giant collections of pot stems...

^ agreed. If, god forbid, you're caught with it, the police don't differentiate between bud and crappy stems. This is why I don't even really like to hold trim for very long. The problem with stems is that you can't really use them to make ice hash because they can tear the bags, or so I've heard. I wouldn't want to risk it. Maybe if they were used with tights (pantyhose), it wouldn't matter so much though. BHO or ISO hash would be an alternative.

Lol well why would the police ever find your stems? My collection always stays at home, IDK why anyone would carry around a bag full of a half O of stems :!

lol shit happens. Usually people get grassed up and then the police find all your shit, even your personal stuff. I watched this programme called coppers on Monday where this couple of police officers were in some womans house and they started waving her dildo about laughing as if going through her personal belongings was some joke. So unprofessional IMO, but I digress.

Abuncha years ago a friend that guerilla grew skunk #1 used his cappuccino maker w/ everclear & ground down stems to make a skunkaccino. (flavored it w/ maple syrup & cinnamon)...It was AlMighty strong !

If I wanted to make brownies with stems, would I use the same recipe as for weed? Im thinking about doing that instead of hash oil

too lazy to read pages, make iso oil, put iso oil in heated butter, make weed food

Im not going to eat iso LOL

I dont care what anyone says...

why not, if you use 99% it going to evaporate. sure you can't just whip it up right away but give it a couple days to air - just like BHO it will "purge"

Yeah, but thats gonna taste like shit lol

Butter does a good enough job of extracting the THC, no need to add shit

When you cook with buds the food has a nug taste to it, concentrates don't have half the smell or flavor. Also a solvent is going to do a better job of extracting than hot butter.

Are you talking about hash or edibles...?

For hash, iso all the way. Its easy as shit. But I just have like a O of stems and I dont need to complicate things lol, just want something nice and simple

I suppose i mean both. IMO hash iso oil if left for a bit is perfectly safe for smke or edibles. Maybe someone else can show evidence else wise but as far as i know nothing has been said against iso for those methods

that oil you make with bud that you say is easy as shit it the same shit you'll get from stems, just less

So your saying make hash oil, then put that in brownies?

That method definitely works, and its probably better than butter yes, but these are just stems, and thats a lot of extra work lol

simmering on a low heat with butter, stirring the whole time, and putting that into brownie mix should be OK for me

I throw the stems at people who are taking too long with the smoking instument its puff puff pass!!!!!

I simmer a whole bunch of stems (at least seven grams) in a mixture of 8 parts 3.25% milk and 2 parts 10% cream on low heat for about 10-15 minutes, strain, add sugar and enjoy.