• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Uppers and Downers, Up People and Down People

What are you?

• Total voters
Boiling in Acid said:
i went with B, cuz i like being ''up'' while im on downers!!!

ha.. kind of funny...

I'm daily on benzos and methylphenidate. I voted C but could have coted for B as well.

I'm also former tweeker, who still tweeks everyonce in while. Eaven though made 1000+ promises to myself never to touch speed again.

i dont really get the difference between an up person and a down person but i voted downers + dpwm.

both uppers and downers at the same time
alcohol n coke
alcohol n e
best highs in the world

Iam none of the above.

I am all of the above.

You say I contradict myself ayy? Very well then, I contradict myself; I contain multitudes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my name is Stimulant Stan for all you Debby Downers out there depressing the world on opiates, get yourself some dexedrine and stop sleeping and eating there's more to life than a couch you think you can sink comfortably through.

DarkCode said:
Hi, my name is Stimulant Stan for all you Debby Downers out there depressing the world on opiates, get yourself some dexedrine and stop sleeping and eating there's more to life than a couch you think you can sink comfortably through.

LOLing!!!!!=D =D =D 8(

dbailey11 said:
Iam none of the above.

I am all of the above.

You say I contradict myself ayy? Very well then, I contradict myself; I contain multitudes.

Welcome to the Catch-22 that is life.

I clicked "A" but I meant to hit "B"... I'm a very "up" person normally, but love to chill out. That said, I'd rather a coffee and a J than either on their own :D

I'm a very extroverted person, and I used to LOVE the "euphoria" and everything stimulants produced (d/l-amphetamine- Adderall, crystal methamphetamine, not so much cocaine.)

But that "euphoria" got old real fast (not tolerance, just it seems that I realized that the "euphoria" wasn't really "euphoric"... lol.)

So although I was using uppers pretty much consistantly for about a year and a half, all the comedowns, the people invovled in using uppers, the physiological toll uppers take on you, and in general just not being able to feel/seem "normal" or at LEAST semi-"normal" made me tired of uppers real fast.

I even did methamphetamine (d-meth) last week, in over a year and a half of not using any amphetamines or other uppers (other than small doses of caffeine) besides one time using cocaine a year ago... and the high wasn't all that great like how I remembered, it made me scatterbrained instead of the usual former feelings of being able to think really straight, and the comedown and everything all together (not being able to sleep even with benzos, etc.) just made me realize why I stopped doing uppers and why I have no cravings (thank god) for uppers.

So, I chose "B" in the poll.

Downers do so much more for me. I do have GAD and social anxiety, and although at first uppers helped with social anxiety, overall they just made me feel horrible more than better.

With downers, opioids, ONCE in a while I get minor paranoia, but it's nothing really I'd say is uncomfortable. Overall, opioids are nice, but they cloud my mind too much, and since I'm an "up" person I like to think a lot, and although being doped out is nice, once going cold turkey and getting clean it feels REAL good sometimes to be able to think with a clear mind all over again (besides the depression, exacerbated anxiety, lonliness, etc. other psychological withdrawal symptoms, heh.) Opioids are nice though, and I wish I could just get rid of them like how I did with uppers... but ugh, psychological w/d is just too much at times (I really can't say I get "cravings" for opioids, and I've done a fuck load of opioids from morphine to H to hydromorphone (all of these IVed), to fentanyl (smoked) to oxycodone (IVed), etc. the list goes on.)

So although I don't get cravings for opioids, it's just that fucking psychological withdrawal at times that makes opioids feel so damn good again. Heh.

With benzos, everything in life is easier. Benzodiazepines make life just so much more fun and interesting to live in (at therapeudic or slightly more than therapeudic doses though, not extremely high or too low doses.)

I'm a thinker, I like my mental faculties to be 100% usually. I guess this is why I loved uppers at first, heh... hell uppers got me into so many intellecutal pursuits (philosophy especially, LOL at reading Either/Or by Kierkegaard, both parts, in one night twacked out hahaha!!)

But now it's downers all the way, with breaks for the opioids, or opioids that don't give you that mental cloud (so I can take them all the time and be 100% in mental acuity. hahaha :p)

:D

Last edited:
Interesting poll and discussion.

Kicks said:
To clarify, when I say "up person," I mean energetic and a busy body. By "down person," I mean someone who is laid back and chill. [None of this has to do with emotional state, i.e. happy/sad.]

Quoted for importance, it's interesting though that you don't very often meet people who have high energy levels but who are also normally depressed or sad emotionally.

I'm a down person and prefer uppers. Agree very much with some of the discussion about this phenomenon... I've often considered that as an introvert and a fairly laid-back person, uppers are exactly what I look for in a drug experience. They elevate my mood and make me more social... why take drugs if you spend all your time in that mindset normally?

I'm a pretty "down" person I guess. I hate people and being in public and I dont talk very much and I used to have a methamphetamine problem but i just abuse the white lady now. and I'm laid back and chill ALL the time, now matter what drug I'm on.

I chose A.

I definitely love my uppers....

Meth and ecstasy are my two favorites because they make me calm down enough to finally sit down and concentrate on something. I think I have ADHD, but my doctor won't prescribe me meds because I have a "drug addiction"...ummm maybe I'm a meth addict for a reason...

Pyretta said:
I chose A.

I definitely love my uppers....

Meth and ecstasy are my two favorites because they make me calm down enough to finally sit down and concentrate on something. I think I have ADHD, but my doctor won't prescribe me meds because I have a "drug addiction"...ummm maybe I'm a meth addict for a reason...

Why would you tell you're Doc you have a drug addiction? how does he know?

I'd say I'm more of a calm, relaxed, and chill person myself in the sense that I'm much more quiet and reserved. I prefer downers like opiates/oids and benzos to uppers by quite a large margin. Like the OP though I have anxiety issues as well, and I also find that on coke (or any upper I've tried for that mater) I get nervous and anxious quite easily. I hate that feeling, and with painkillers I find it easier to converse and interact with people. My anxiety seems to just melt away and I become very comfortable in social situations.

^ yeah when im on uppers in a social situation i get all freaked out.

I take opiates.. and im free.. I can talk freely, without getting all sketched out.

Definately "D". I've always been a laid back kind of guy, and opiates have been my favorites ever since I tried them. Even though if I take a good size dose of H I end up bouncing off the walls with energy, as soon as I sit and that nod hits, it's obvious that it's still a downer.

~CTdopeLove

B.
i think i have alot of anxiety, i'm always worring about shit. I think way tooooo much. When i do dope, im totally confident and totally enjoy it, i'm in control and feel relaxed. I would have never considered myself as an up person if you wouldn't have worded it that way.