Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Uppers and Downers, Up People and Down People

What are you?

• Total voters

Kicks

Bluelighter
I was having this discussion with a friend the other day and thought it would make for an interesting poll (if the mods deem it so) or, if not, at least an interesting thread.

My friend was telling me that she likes uppers because she's such a down person naturally—down meaning very mellow and chill, not depressed. I personally prefer downers and she thought that was because I'm naturally energetic. I've never thought of myself as energetic but I do have anxiety issues and uppers tend to exacerbate them.

So... the question is, do you think that people tend to gravitate toward the class of drug that is opposite of their natural state?

Here are your choices (and feel free to elaborate on why you chose your answer):

A) I am an up person and I prefer uppers.
B) I am an up person and I prefer downers.
C) I am a down person and I prefer uppers.
D) I am a down person and I prefer downers.

To clarify, when I say "up person," I mean energetic and a busy body. By "down person," I mean someone who is laid back and chill. [None of this has to do with emotional state, i.e. happy/sad.]

I realize it is hard to assess whether or not you are an up or down person (I, myself, am still uncertain whether I would classify myself as an up person). And, of course, nothing in life can be easily divided into two categories. But just go with whatever answer you feel best describes you.

-----

My answer is B.

I guess I do agree—in general—with my friend's opinion that people tend to gravitate toward the class of drugs that is opposite of their persona.

Poll!!! Added!!!

A) I am an up person and I prefer uppers.
B) I am an up person and I prefer downers.
C) I am a down person and I prefer uppers.
D) I am a down person and I prefer downers.

D.

Although I was into uppers at one point

Sweet post, OP!

I also would have to poll with D. Downers for down people. Like Phrozen, at one time I too preferred uppers than downers.

yes, awake sucks. i dont enjoy any stims really. im a "down" person and all my favorite drugs are downers. the word down has never looked so weird after reading it 100 times.

im not really sure if im an 'up' or 'down' person, but i guess if i had to choose, i would pick down and i prefer downers...looks like this theory is deflating fast...

/waits for CG to post a jpeg of the hindenburg crashing... :)

i am a guy who takes all sorts of stimulants....
i enjoy the itching down feeling much more...
i just cant take the risk of addiction or o-ver-dose

HindenburgCrash.TN.jpg

There we go

I'm definitely a "D" person..I'm pretty mellow/chill and prefer to stay that way; I don't like uppers. I like psychedelics more than anything.

Another D. I'm all about melting into a couch/chair and chilling out, be it sober or on downers.

Mmmmm downers...=D

C

When I quit smoking pot I became a very low energy person for the most part, and I like uppers to rectify that problem. I would much rather always be up and doing something than lying around. I've also said many times in my life that If could have the chance to never need to sleep again, I would totally take it.

I am an up person and prefer downers, however, downers(heroin, pharmies) are uppers to me.

Formerly an 'up' person, (B), now I'm definitely downnnnnn down down, for good.

Only downers for me.