• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Upcoming 1-hour TV special: "Ecstasy Rising" on April 1

for those of you who happen to have an extra $30 laying around or might be able to find as much hidden in the couch cushions . . .

http://www.abcnewsstore.com/store/i...e=&product_code=P040401 01&category_code=HOME

. . . thats the official ABC online store where you can pay one easy installment of $29.95 and get the gift that keeps on giving, er, wait I mean, uh anyways thats where u can buy it if you have the money (which I dont right now!)

Made the DEA look like idiots!

Loved the line about how people who use methamphetamine and cocaine have never said that using these drugs has improved their lives yet those who have used MDMA have consistantly said that it did. That and the line that out of 110 million doses of MDMA used in NYC in one year produced only 2 verifiable deaths directly attributed it's use. I think aspirin has a higher mortality rate.

i agree w/ almost everybody else... i thought it was very well done, and quite refreshing. most programs like these tend to side with the government. so, many, many props to ABC and peter jennings. if anyone know how to get ahold of a copy, post it, i'd like to keep one for my records.

yes

Well done! Good for ABC and Peter. Was rather strait and non bias. Dose a world of good but may cause damage.

BTW love that budda pill that show. If I could get one of those I would just keep it and frame it.

Last edited:
That was absolutely the best program I have ever watched on ABC.

Major props to Peter Jennings for running the thing, and debunking so many of our fucking governments lies and propaganda. Whether you are pro-mdma or against mdma, you can't deny that that program was filled with THE facts that every person deserves to know.

i was very impressed by the depiction given. very very non-biased comments. although i was introduced to ecstacy over 4 years ago, i honestly learned alot more about the drug from watching the show last night.

one of my favorite lines on the show was near the end:
"you never hear anyone say, 'methamphetamines changed my life! methamphetamines made me a better person!' ecstacy is one of the only drugs that people have made these comments. even after people stop using ecstacy, people continue to make these claims."

^^i dont remember the exact words used.

its a trip to think that the first E-pusher was a religious man, how he coined the word "ecstacy" and its meaning. actually hearing from shulgin and all the originators personal testimonies about ecstacy was also awesome.

all in all, excellent portrayal.

so pissed i missed this, hopefully they'll run a repeat in a year or so, don't really want to spend $30 on a copy.

Window???

During the special last night one person referred to ecstasy as a "window." He said that when taking the drug it is like looking through a window, and seeing the world the way it is really supposed to look. I think this is a great way to say it. Everyone knows that when on E nothing seems to matter, and in general you are a rather optimistic person. Maybe things do matter you just can't see them through the "window." :D

it was a good program. very surprised by what they had to say about the government giving america flause info this whole time. not surprising b/c they are idiots that really just want to scare people.

but best program i've seen done on MDMA.

^^^^ I agree that was my favorite moment too. It's so true too, I never thought of it that way before. People who do other drugs never say WOW this really improved my life and my way of thinking and feeling.

Also I loved where the scientist said "no ecstasy doesn't put holes in your brain" I was like finally someone who is telling us the truth.

I loved it, it was very informative and unbiased but it did seems to imply that the goverment overreacted or the DEA did about the harm the drug does. I just think the goverment was pist that, that guy who first started distributed ecstasy was making money. Also I think the fucking goverment wants to just regulate everything we think, do, read, say.....ect.

I was so pist to see that guy get in trouble. All he did was share something he knew was amazing and that would expand people's minds.
That DEA guy with the comb over was a fucking dumb ass.

PLUR - keep rolling Bler's

I purchased the episode from ABC (not sure when I'll get it)... once it gets here I'll rip it and setup a stream for everyone... this new report was fantastic and should NOT be missed!

i honestly think that the government is fishing for reasons to make people afraid of doing drugs so they dont seem to truly care if there is false evidence out there to make them look credible, but what they haven't planned for was the backlash of people realizing it wasn't true.

Audio

I wasn't able to video tape the program, but I do have an audio copy. I will try to get it on the web so everyone can at least hear the report...really interesting!!!

I recorded this and am going to chop out the commercials now and hopefully get someone to host it, so the non-americans and people who missed it can see.

The more I think about that presentation, the more amazing it becomes to me. Peter Jennings stood up in the face of the whole American anti drug machine and actually said with a publicly credible voice what many of us have suspected or known for some time.

i just did a report in school on Ecstasy and took the same exact angle on it as that program did. i used all the same studies and scientists. i saw that show and thought someone was reading my essay. guess what grade i got on the essay?...........an "F" talk about a biased teacher...she tried telling me that i was saying that MDMA should be legal. i didnt say that; i just stated facts about bad science and flawed studies thgat the government uses to justify MDMA being "lethal" at one dose. BITCH

show

I was really impressed by it. When it first came on I thought "Great, another anti-E report".

Surprise Surprise. Cudos to ABC ;)

PS:If anyone does have it available for download PLEASE post or email me!

peace
CJ