View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unusual Trip Locations

Carden

Bluelighter
Where is the most unconventional, different, or original place you have tripped at? And was it more rewarding/memorable?

Bad examples:
- Someone's house / A bedroom
- Raves / Concerts
- During School / At a park

I haven't really done any in any super cool locations, except possibly:
- 600mg of DXM in a huge shopping complex (we went back there after about 2 hours of me drinking the full bottle to get some for my mate). This was cool, watching people buy stuff and whatnot, but the fluorescent bulbs were really bright 8(
- 2/3 of a vial of weakish Philosophers Stone (+weed) at an Outdoor cinema, watching A Scanner Darkly. laying on the grass, i was a fungus/mushroom and felt very of the earth. then it started to rain and we all got nice and damp.

Any drug is acceptable, really, but I'm more interested in tripping in an unusual setting.

only place for me was shrooms at school. bad tripped, had to go home. but i didn't get caught! A+

cLOUDDEAD said:
yes, actually.
really?
no.
hehehehe :)
i enjoy taking phenergan at Uni on occasion ... i do graphic design, and i stare at the screen for hours... phenergan makes everything on the screen go 3d, like text is floating off the screen somehow.

heh, come on... Someone must have gone tripping on a boat...
On a plane, if your feeling risky? Something like that?

cLOUDDEAD said:
haha that's sweet. sorry, what's phenergan?

sorry, really should have said 'Promethazine'... an antihistamine which makes you drowsy (sedative?), more or less.
But I sorta get a little tripped out on it, especially with dexamphetamine and sleep deprivation 8(

i lost my mind in a service station toilet once.

the door jammed and i couldn't open it, that's when i really freaked out.

screaming at the top of my lungs curled in the foetal position in a bathroom.

that adventure ended with me handcuffed to an ambulance stretcher after the police were called coz i was being uncooperative. i would listen to the ambos and then just wander off.

once the cops restained me and the ambos gave me some magical tranquilizing happyjuice, i was much better. still tripping my ass off though it was slightly less hellish.

hot damn that was not all that fun.

[EDIT] was after earthdance last year. no more acid for me [/EDIT]

2 rolls, a bit of mescaline and swigs of vodka topped it off for me during a senior highschool trip to a local amusement park - Great America near San Francisco back in the 90's. What a BLAST! Roller coasters and all, incredible time. I did have to get pulled away from tripping out while feeding ducks bread at one of the numerous duck ponds around the park at the time.

Funny I was just telling someone about this today when they essentially asked me the same question as the title of this thread; good times.

8)

armadilliO said:
hot damn that was not all that fun.

Arg, I regret not going to that bush doof man... and yeah I'd imagine that to be a pretty horrid experience... Toilets are never very welcoming/friendly places... harsh lighting, no stimuli... well ok theres stimuli but.... yeah.

plus i guess getting stuck in a place that smells of urine wouldn't help much :(

btw, did you get a record out of any of it? o_O

damn now thats a nide idea... amusement parks... Never considered it, probably cos we have no decent ones here :(

Carden said:
heh, come on... Someone must have gone tripping on a boat...
On a plane, if your feeling risky? Something like that?

The furthest I've gone substance wise on a plane is a "nice" amount of morphine, tipped with a wee slew of alcohol en route; 8 hours at 30,000 feet never felt so flippin' nice.

Friendly skies indeed %)

As for the boat experience, the best I've had was shrooming my ASS off in Mexico in a speedy little vessle - actually had a great time and hope to do it again ;)

First time I smoked salvia was driving with my girlfriend (no I wasn't driving). Very weird.

^ Whoa - with all of that movement it must've been a trip (if the eyes remained open)! :D / :\

willow11 said:
First time I smoked salvia was driving with my girlfriend (no I wasn't driving). Very weird.
Driving while munted is way too much fun tho :(

but yeah, you reminded me of driving back from the shops, probably on the same night i mentioned before, or may have been another occasion...
It was night time and the street lights were like stars, wizzing past our spaceship/car thing like we are going at warp speed.

I was tripping when I went to see Ultravox in the early 1980s. Nothing unusual about going to see a concert tripping, I hear you say.

However, it turned out we were in the front row. I found Midge Ure's ridiculous rock-star posturing hilarious, and spent most of the concert doubled up in laughter. Unfortunately, Midge noticed me, and glared at me ever more menacingly as the night wore on.

Thinking back, I probably ruined the vibe for the whole room, but I don't care, as the band was awful. I mean, how bad does a band have to be, when you go to see them tripping, you're sitting in the front row, and you stil think they're crap.

Pink Floyd in 1988 was a completely different story.

^ Though it can't compare with salvia, I recall the first time I did nitrous I was in the back seat of this HUGE bucket car and right after I got elevated we went over a huge chunk of railroad tracks that was on a hill; all I could envision was being on the wooden roller coaster at Santa Cruz here in CA while in my blaze of glory. When I opened my eyes I had 4 faces looking at me laughing - haha good times, silly times. Not all that strange, but a standout in my head none the less.

Nitrous, if not silly enough on its own, can be even moreso whilst within in a moving apparatus 8)

mindsurfer said:
Pink Floyd in 1988 was a completely different story.

heh i just said that cos tripping at a rave is much like tripping at that other rave, and the one before that... etc :\

but if theres something that makes it different, yeah its all good