• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Unrepairable damage from AL-LAD?

phuckingnutz - I was doing 300ug of AL-LAD usually with 25mg of 2cb.

Blister- Antidepressants and Zyprexa were after all my psychedelic use. Someone told me to try Zyprexa since it helps reset the receptors back to their normal state.

Basically the timeline went like this:
LSD/2cb/Mushrooms - Zero problems
AL-LAD - within 2 months everything went bad. While I was doing Al-lad the only thing I had been using was 2cb.
No other drugs were being used besides a drink or two. No medications,no bad mindset or setting, when using AL-LAD I was in a great headspace and everything was going great. Also remember that these trips weren't bad trips. They just slowly become worse and weaker..

I really don't see what else it could be besides AL-LAD especially since a few other people have gone through the same thing. Whenever I did LSD/2cb/Mushrooms before using AL-LAD I never had these type of problems that AL-LAD brought out.

Out of all the psychedelics I tried, I have to say AL-LAD was by far my favorite in terms of visual and audio.

It also killed the magic of psychedelics, instead of the dreamy,fluid,animated visuals I was used to they now look like chromatic aberration type images.

Only reason why I started taking AL-lad was due to its length, I could trip for 4 hours or so on a sunday afternoon and be great the next day. The afterglow was great on AL-LAD, it was to me at the time the best psychedelic I tried. No side effects like anxiety or bad come up.

I also did 2cb many times before and it was always great, no problems at all. I wasn't into any other drugs or meds.

It also didnt happen at once, AL-LAD was great, and the trip that started it all was when we were listening to music and everyone sounded like they were in a bad cover band, i thought it was hilarious. Then the next time voices become this other type of language, then after that I couldn't understand them , then the next time the music got slower, and slower and by that time it was already too late.. I didnt' think much of it cause I've never heard of this type of stuff happening to everyone.

Lucky me :(

Ok this sounds freaking bizzare...it seems I may have underestimated it to be just a "burn out" effect...but wow ive neve heard of anything like it....perhaps its sort of like some for of an aural HPPD...I think then I would do the same thing as previously recomended...just take a really long time off...did you say you tried mushrooms after this hapened? Muhrooms helped me reset any negative aftereffects of my PtSD/HPPD from LSD...although it took me 6 years to go anywhere near psychs again...Im very interested to see how this pans out.

i'm thinking this is all in your head but the trips you are having sound like bad trips and the only way you can make them better is with MDA/MXE/3MEO-PCP. so you need dopaminergic/serotonergic combo drugs which tickle your reward centre or your trips are unpleasant.

i'm gonna go with mdma/mda burnout.

you've taken too much of something more stimulant like for too long

I don't know. I never did any other drugs other than smoke a bit and some LSD, mushrooms, but when this sound thing happened with me I was doing primarily AL, and in large doses. I have never done MDA/MDMA or any other stim besides coke, which was 2o years ago. But yes...since AL came out this is not the first time I've read about this being reported. I thought I was the only one until I heard others commenting on this phenomenon.

The effect on music can easily be time dilation which is a quite normal psychedelic effect.

I really don't know if it's such a good idea to start combo'ing to feel a pleasurable side to it. Not saying that such combos would be a bad thing per se, but as a symptom remedy it seems like a bad plan... if say you're in a relationship and feelings are bad, it's an escape to use drugs to make you feel good. Sure initially it may work, but it's a bad way to treat the problem on the longer term. Work on the 'relationship'. That's in reaction to pofacedhoe..
Point being if you have to take other drugs to tolerate it, you're forcing something.

As for John: I am getting your point that AL-LAD seems like it's unlike other psychedelics in detrimental effects.. sometimes some drugs don't vibe well with certain people, it happens, just avoid them I guess. It's probably something of a bad match where the specific drug effects affect a sensitivity not everyone has...
For me MiPT and also 5-MeO-MiPT weird me out too much and make me anxious. 4-HO-MiPT is also strange but at least not as anxious. I wouldn't propose that there is anything wrong with those compounds in themselves, and other people seem to enjoy them just fine.

Learn from your reactions and preferences, we're not all necessarily made to tolerate all drugs so well.

Yeah, I've tripped hundreds of times and I am very aware of time dilation. This was something very different, and had something to do with my perception and/or processing of sound in which certain frequencies were almost "omitted" from the sound stage. It was extremely dysphoric and made music intolerable, and for me, high doses of psychs pretty much always put me in a state of ecstasy, and like I said...I've tripped since the late 80s and taken lots of LSD, primarily in doses from 400ugs to well over a mg without problems. There was something very odd about this. I've had other very odd effects from high dose AL-LAD as well, like seeing visuals primarily in black and white, which felt and seemed very odd. I don't know if it's a neurotransmitter issue or what its cause was, but like I said...AL-LAD did some odd things as I climbed the dose ladder. And heroic doses of anything never bother me, and I actually prefer very high doses of psychs. For me, I've never had a drug feel as dysphoric as AL made me feel a couple of times, but then again, these are untested drugs that not surprisingly, are likely to offer something weird to some people that use them.

i'm thinking this is all in your head but the trips you are having sound like bad trips and the only way you can make them better is with MDA/MXE/3MEO-PCP. so you need dopaminergic/serotonergic combo drugs which tickle your reward centre or your trips are unpleasant.

i'm gonna go with mdma/mda burnout.

you've taken too much of something more stimulant like for too long

But i wasn't doing any stimulants or even tried any stimulants when all this happened. This is what I'm trying to explain is that it's not a bad trip, its something screwed up.
I 100% know what bad trips are like, this isn't whats happening.

I can have all this happen and not be freaking out or in a panic. It's just all very disappointing. Especially like I said, I've been in great mindsets around great people, tried low,medium,high doses all with the same effects. If this was all bad trips then I would get horrible visuals and evil sounding music especially at high doses..that doesn't happen..its just the same trip over and over. Tried indoors,outdoors, by myself, with friends,with my ex at the time..same exact thing.. And the trips from what I remember always start out good then its like a timer and it goes to shit very quick with no reason at all. I don't have any negative thoughts, paranoia, anxiety,etc.

If it helps, imagine if your brain needed alot more power to trip, it seems like my brain just doesn't seem to have the power to trip so it can't keep up with the music or display alot of visuals anymore..something is off balance. I'm not sure if up regulation or down regulation of certain receptors may help?

The effect on music can easily be time dilation which is a quite normal psychedelic effect.

As for John: I am getting your point that AL-LAD seems like it's unlike other psychedelics in detrimental effects.. sometimes some drugs don't vibe well with certain people, it happens, just avoid them I guess. It's probably something of a bad match where the specific drug effects affect a sensitivity not everyone has...
For me MiPT and also 5-MeO-MiPT weird me out too much and make me anxious. 4-HO-MiPT is also strange but at least not as anxious. I wouldn't propose that there is anything wrong with those compounds in themselves, and other people seem to enjoy them just fine.

But thats the problem, AL-LAD ruined every psychedelic I've tried after taking it (besides MDA).

I thought that maybe a benzo would help smooth anxiety if that was the problem or help out a bit since music sounds nice on benzo's and phenibut, but I still had the same exact problem.

It's just very sad and annoying to me that this happened since psychedelics were just so awesome. One of my favorite things was to listen to music on psychedelics , it was by far the most therapeutic thing for me to enjoy. All these years just drinking and then finding psychedelics was like a gift from life only to have it destroyed by AL-LAD :(

Just trying to find the tiniest bit of hope on ever getting the magic back.

Well John, I don't know what/if you did something with the combo, but I do know that I used to use 4-aco-dmt quite a bit, IM usually, and I started to become extremely nauseated during the trip and it got so bad that I couldn't do a small enough amount not to feel like hammered shit for 2 or 3 hours. All the while that this was happening my tolerance was becoming so...reversed?...that I was tripping balls...scary tripping...on what, for me, was barely above threshold doses only a couple to three weeks before.
I, literally, couldn't do a small enough amount not to go into Lego Land and puke on all the inhabitants.
That was two years ago and I can't use any acetylated anything any more, at least no acetylated tryptamines to this day.
So, I don't know what I did to myself, but it wasn't good and it's still with me two years later.
My point is this...these subs are new and maybe during the synthesis there were some noxious things produced and carried over to the final product.
Maybe the sub itself did it to me, especially considering the doses I was doing and I needed to be brought down a notch, IDK, but the shit that happened to me is real and persistent.
So, maybe the combo did some shit to your brain that will take a while to fix...if it EVER does.
So, do like these guys are saying and lay of for a year or five and see how goes it then.
They call these subs "research chems" for a reason. That reason is NOT because they HAVE BEEN researched, but that they are BEING researched, and in this case the
Guinea Pigs' name is Johnload.
Sorry that this turned into a fucking novel, but there it is FWIW.

But i wasn't doing any stimulants or even tried any stimulants when all this happened. This is what I'm trying to explain is that it's not a bad trip, its something screwed up.
I 100% know what bad trips are like, this isn't whats happening.

I can have all this happen and not be freaking out or in a panic. It's just all very disappointing. Especially like I said, I've been in great mindsets around great people, tried low,medium,high doses all with the same effects. If this was all bad trips then I would get horrible visuals and evil sounding music especially at high doses..that doesn't happen..its just the same trip over and over. Tried indoors,outdoors, by myself, with friends,with my ex at the time..same exact thing.. And the trips from what I remember always start out good then its like a timer and it goes to shit very quick with no reason at all. I don't have any negative thoughts, paranoia, anxiety,etc.

If it helps, imagine if your brain needed alot more power to trip, it seems like my brain just doesn't seem to have the power to trip so it can't keep up with the music or display alot of visuals anymore..something is off balance. I'm not sure if up regulation or down regulation of certain receptors may help?

nah bad trips van be very empty of visuals and have just a feeling of empty drainedness. they dont have to be intense to be horrid. the worst shroom trip i had had no visuals and just an unpleasant sensation of being alone (i was with a friend) and getting whole body version of that brain zap thing you get from ssri's withdrawal. sometimes for me the absence of visuals combined with an alone feeling is the bad trip. does depend on the substance

Interesting thread.

I also went through a period of AL-LAD abuse. The summer after it became available, I tripped on it every weekend, 600ug being my go-to dose.

Not surprisingly, the trips turned dark and dysphoric over time, and, ultimately, I simply started to feel like I am poisoning myself. The aural effects were profoundly annoying, with everything sounding as if it was processed by a cheap wah-wah effect. I also seemed to develop a strong tolerance to psychs in general. I could probably drive, or go to work, on the 600ug dose - not that I would ever try that, but it certainly seemed possible.

I stopped using it after my body developed some neurological issues, which, at the time, I attributed to AL-LAD. Looking back, I think I was wrong in my assessment, and it was more of a matter of an unhealthy lifestyle.

Recently, I tried AL-LAD again, in combination with LSD and MDMA, at a psytrance party. It was very enjoyable and my appreciation of music was certainly not diminished. In fact, I am planning another AL-LAD trip in combination with LSD. Although this thread is giving me second thoughts :)

I have found that mushrooms and DMT were most helpful in restoring my "psychedelic baseline", so to speak. Having gone through a period when I felt very much burnt out on the psychedelic front, and e.g. found it impossible to enjoy LSD, these substances have brought the magic back, and then some. They really are something special, although they don't have the psychological "cutting through your assorted bullshit" quality that the lysergamides are so good at.

I'll concur with the "burned out" theory: just need a good long, break, during which it would help to eat a lot of healthy food, get a lot of exercise and rest--give or take six months or so--and you should be good as new after that. After between 50 and 100 1mg 25i-nboh experiences, I, too, became desensitized, in such a way as that it was too easy for my senses-interpreter to filter the effects and everything interfaced as though I were pretty-much baseline. And it did start to feel like I was poisoning myself -- too much/too often is always, well, too much/too often.

I found that AL-LAD produced a wicked cross-tolerance effect that required a month and a half to two to kind of reset. It seemed that even taking massive doses of other psychs in the midst of my AL-LAD era didn't produce the kind of results I was going for, whether it was 4-aco, LSD, even mushrooms. So yeah...something a little different about AL than the other lysergamides in my estimation.

Stop using all drugs for right now, including cannabis and alcohol, and let your mind and body recover.

What you described is why I never have used any research chemicals, or even MDMA/MDA, or other MDXX drugs. Stay safe.

I found that AL-LAD produced a wicked cross-tolerance effect that required a month and a half to two to kind of reset. It seemed that even taking massive doses of other psychs in the midst of my AL-LAD era didn't produce the kind of results I was going for, whether it was 4-aco, LSD, even mushrooms. So yeah...something a little different about AL than the other lysergamides in my estimation.

Damn, now I am a little worried. I keep a few hits of AL around for a couple of friends who get anxious on LSD, but seem to be fine with AL and I drop some once in a while myself, but there are enough of these negative reports about AL that I may rethink it some.
I actually prefer LSD or ETH-LAD to AL anyway and the cross tolerance issue is a big deal to me.
Does anyone else reading this thread have lasting cross tolerance from AL?

I do not seem to. In fact, my tolerances are all back to normal, even after only a month or so. But that's just me.