European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Unemployment/I got me a grip of drugs!

Ismene2

Bluelighter
After a recent "economic downturn" I've got rather a lot of time to myself and I'm trying my best to appreciate it. I've often found being out of work is a good guide to where you are mentally at - can you cope without the man telling you what to do?

I'm living like Elvis and nibbling psychedelic drugs whenever the fancy takes me. It's ok, I've got enough money to last me about a fortnight..at least ten days...before I will be sucking dick down at the Bus Station. BUT TONIGHT MY FRIENDS WE LIVE!

How do you handle/have handled the spectre of unemployment? (or if you're a jakey fucker - the spectre of employment?) Does it fill you with a nameless horror? Not being able to afford drugs? Or are there more important things to worry about?

As the great Malcolm Owen once said "If you're in a rut you've gotta get out of it. There's only one way out of it and that's your way"

Nah Im not very good at it. Been unemployed for about 18 months and it’s starting to really fuck with my head. I was way too ill to work so I didn’t really have any choice but I’m fairly itching to get back to it now.

Does your country offer social support for people who lost their income? Every country is different, in Switzerland they gave you the basic needs like rent and food if you lost your income and have no or no more savings, it's a basic existence but still much better than living on street or sucking dicks for money I guess (specially if you're a straight male). I hate it to be unemployed but Idk what I could do, I've been that for far too long for to have reasonable chances on decent jobs.

Does it fill you with a nameless horror? Not being able to afford drugs?
Not being employed is a super fucked up part of my life I feel atm. "Horror" ,,, maybe a but of panic sometimes. But I see the correlation. Not much difference imo/e.
But not for drugs.
Not these days anyway.
There was a time that i would wake up in panic mode workin on where to get my next drug of choice "fix". Past this now... maybe age and the rise of plastic drugs, idk.

Is this a case of one not being able to afford prescription medications or on another note?

Retired on medical grounds is a fucker to deal with: all the time on your hands (hand in my case!) and knowimg you can't go back to the job you really liked (possibly the only one). If you're financially solvent, could always volunteer (much easier going about turning up a tad intoxicated!). I'm just lucky that I had an NUT rep, who was fucking good.

Not being employed is a super fucked up part of my life I feel atm. "Horror" ,,, maybe a but of panic sometimes. But I see the correlation. Not much difference imo/e.
But not for drugs.
Not these days anyway.
There was a time that i would wake up in panic mode workin on where to get my next drug of choice "fix". Past this now... maybe age and the rise of plastic drugs, idk.

Is this a case of one not being able to afford prescription medications or on another note?

No I am ok for a while - manged to get saving in the last job - but whenever you lose a job it does tend to make you take stock of where you are in life I think.

There's probably going to be many more people in the same boat over the coming months. Unemployment can be hard. I was strongly motivated to get another job quickly last time I was unemployed, but at that time, about 4 years ago, the economic and job prospects were better than what is reported to be happening currently.. Hopefully reports of the current downturn will be exaggerated. Even with my Autism plus social anxiety, which makes interviews especially difficult for me, I managed to get over that hurdle, after several attempts, within about 3 months. Pretty much the same thing happened the time before that too.

I wish you good luck with it Ismene.

Last edited:
Always baffles me when people say they can’t find work. There’s job agencies in EVERY town. Can’t or won’t work in factory?

Swallow your pride, everyone’s got bills.

2 years and I’m retiring. From full time work anyway. Fuck working into your 60’s, 70’s and even 80’s these days just to pay into a system that does fuck all to the people that are the very foundation of which that system sits.

Why do we have to wait until our golden years to enjoy a few years of enlightenment. Systems fucked unless you’ve got a silver dildo up your arse.

There's a round of redundancies going on at my workplace now. I had the choice of taking a redundancy which would take effect just before christmas, and so I'd not only loose the paid 2 bank holidays and gift week that the remaining staff get, but would then potentially face unemployment during the whole of this winter of unaffordable heating. And would be at home all day too, needing to pay much more for the heating. (It seems to take me about 3 months to land a new job.)) So a really terrible option. Or, express my interest in an available role, all be it less good role than my current one. But at the moment almost any job is better than unemployment. Would be facing total wipeout of my savings this winter and that would have been a real kick in the balls after making an effort to put a bit aside.

Assuming I get the role that is available it's taking my CV in a direction I don't want it to go in. More customer service than admin. But I'll worry about that come the spring. Can not afford to be not earning, this winter, of all winters.

Last edited:
There's a round of redundancies going on at my workplace now. I had the choice of taking a redundancy which would take effect just before christmas, and so I'd not only loose the paid 2 bank holidays and gift week that the remaining staff get, but would then potentially face unemployment during the whole of this winter of unaffordable heating. And would be at home all day too, needing to pay much more for the heating. (It seems to take me about 3 months to land a new job.)) So a really terrible option. Or, express my interest in an available role, all be it less good role than my current one. But at the moment almost any job is better than unemployment. Would be facing total wipeout of my savings this winter and that would have been a real kick in the balls after making an effort to put a bit aside.

Assuming I get the role that is available it's taking my CV in a direction I don't want it to go in. More customer service than admin. But I'll worry about that come the spring. Can not afford to be not earning, this winter, of all winters.
There’s always onlyfans..

After a recent "economic downturn" I've got rather a lot of time to myself and I'm trying my best to appreciate it. I've often found being out of work is a good guide to where you are mentally at - can you cope without the man telling you what to do?

I'm living like Elvis and nibbling psychedelic drugs whenever the fancy takes me. It's ok, I've got enough money to last me about a fortnight..at least ten days...before I will be sucking dick down at the Bus Station. BUT TONIGHT MY FRIENDS WE LIVE!

How do you handle/have handled the spectre of unemployment? (or if you're a jakey fucker - the spectre of employment?) Does it fill you with a nameless horror? Not being able to afford drugs? Or are there more important things to worry about?

As the great Malcolm Owen once said "If you're in a rut you've gotta get out of it. There's only one way out of it and that's your way"

Generally I've filled my days with anxiety and shitting myself when unemployed. I'm one of those types who can only relax when everything's in credit and all bills and rent are paid 6 months into the future.

All that tripping you been doing sure hasn't taught you anything about "Life" has it!!!
You really think you are in the driving seat of life? You must really think you are in Control of everything which I find Tragic.

You really wanna understand who IS in the driving seat of the ride you are on leave all those 4 position goodies like 4-HO-MET & 4-AcO-DMT & go smoke 60-80mg of N,N-DMT then read the Hindu concept of Advaita Vedanta & read the single text or download it as an audiobook known as "Avadhuta Gita"

Jai Aghora, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram.

See how kind I am, I wil even lead you to the door but you have to walk through yourself.

Not been "employed" since i lost my last job jumping the security gates almost 15 years ago. Problem was i was security :/

Managed to make all my drug money from pokers mainly so i gamble to use. Im probably going straight to hell
This person is some kinda "God"
They understand <3

All that tripping you been doing sure hasn't taught you anything about "Life" has it!!!
You really think you are in the driving seat of life? You must really think you are in Control of everything which I find Tragic.

You really wanna understand who IS in the driving seat of the ride you are on leave all those 4 position goodies like 4-HO-MET & 4-AcO-DMT & go smoke 60-80mg of N,N-DMT then read the Hindu concept of Advaita Vedanta & read the single text or download it as an audiobook known as "Avadhuta Gita"

Jai Aghora, Ram, Ram, Ram, Ram.

See how kind I am, I wil even lead you to the door but you have to walk through yourself.

I've read a bit of Hinduism but I could never get past the caste system - that just destroys it all. All these supposed enlightened masters who make people of lower caste clean the pebble-dashing off the shithouse for them. If you can sit on your arse meditating while some poor bastard is gagging on the stench of your shit then are you really enlightened?

I've read a bit of Hinduism but I could never get past the caste system - that just destroys it all. All these supposed enlightened masters who make people of lower caste clean the pebble-dashing off the shithouse for them. If you can sit on your arse meditating while some poor bastard is gagging on the stench of your shit then are you really enlightened?
What you speak of wasn't how it is today, the British pushed this "system" so hard & corrupted it to their own use to keep the people broken.
All these supposed enlightened masters who make people of lower caste clean the pebble-dashing off the shithouse for them. If you can sit on your arse meditating while some poor bastard is gagging on the stench of your shit then are you really enlightened?
Such narrow logic, I suggest you Google & read upon Aghoreshwar Bhagwan Ramji for a BASIC start before you say such things.

If you really want to learn & correct this warped view you have I suggest you spend the time while NOT working reading upon how the English twisted the caste system to their own FOUL agenda & you'll never think this way again.

The Brama (Priest) at the Temple I go is fully aware of what I'm into YET he treats me as a Brother when in reality I should be a Dalit to him, you speak from a very uneducated position.

Last edited: