Underground Hip Hop/Rap?

DeathRow

Bluelighter
Does anybody here love underground rap? Strange Music, Brainsick, Chicago Trap, New York Drill, etc etc.

Would love some recommendations. Some of my favorites are listed below.
Bandhunta Izzy- How to Rob a great modern remake of “How to Rob” by 50 Cent.
Dave East- No Hoodie a New York vibe
X, PMC, Huey Briss, Daylyt- First 48 dope cypher of some underground rappers
Joyner Lucas a more well known rapper but still a great song.
3ohBlack- Dirty Money another dope lesser known rapper.
WillThaRapper & Bandhunta Izzy- How We Livin 2 more dope rappers from Baltimore(?).
Sheff G- No Suburban New York drill rapper
Dave East- Let it Go
King Iso- Maniac probably one of my favorite artists of all time, recently signed to strange music.
King Iso- JIYF
King Iso- I Declare War
King Iso- Dark Side

If anybody actually listens to any of these songs and likes them, recommend any similar songs you know, or ask for more recommendations that are similar, I have plenty more.
One last rapper who seriously impresses me lyrically and surprises me with how little he is known is this man Street Light- Be Careful man is seriously a genius.

Really like most everything I find off of Strange Music (label started by rapper Tech N9Ne based in KC-MO): https://www.strangemusicinc.com/artists
especially like Rittz, Ces Cru and Krizz Kaliko.
I also really enjoy Earl Sweatshirt--he's kind of an acquired taste, really moody and dark raps, I recommend the track "Grief" and go from there
My favorite rapper lyrically is Deltron 3030 (a side project of Del the Funkee Homosapien) you MUST listen to Deltron 3030 album if you've never heard it--mindblowing
A great hip-hop project: One Day As A Lion. It features Zach de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine, and Jon Theodore, drummer from Mars Volta
Flatbush Zombies are fucking sick, saw them live and it was great
Don't know if this will be your thing but... Snow Tha Product is a female rapper who totally kills it!
I'll come back as I think of more!

I don't really know what underground rap means anymore. I used to just think it was stuff they didn't play on the radio. I don't think that really applies anymore... but here is some "underground" stuff listened to tonight:

also I love strange music, great label and tech n9ne is dope af

Last edited:
Does anybody here love underground rap? Strange Music, Brainsick, Chicago Trap, New York Drill, etc etc.

Would love some recommendations. Some of my favorites are listed below.
Bandhunta Izzy- How to Rob a great modern remake of “How to Rob” by 50 Cent.
Dave East- No Hoodie a New York vibe
X, PMC, Huey Briss, Daylyt- First 48 dope cypher of some underground rappers
Joyner Lucas a more well known rapper but still a great song.
3ohBlack- Dirty Money another dope lesser known rapper.
WillThaRapper & Bandhunta Izzy- How We Livin 2 more dope rappers from Baltimore(?).
Sheff G- No Suburban New York drill rapper
Dave East- Let it Go
King Iso- Maniac probably one of my favorite artists of all time, recently signed to strange music.
King Iso- JIYF
King Iso- I Declare War
King Iso- Dark Side

If anybody actually listens to any of these songs and likes them, recommend any similar songs you know, or ask for more recommendations that are similar, I have plenty more.
One last rapper who seriously impresses me lyrically and surprises me with how little he is known is this man Street Light- Be Careful man is seriously a genius.
Thanks Im into underground rap/hip-hop amongst many other things! 👍

Really like most everything I find off of Strange Music (label started by rapper Tech N9Ne based in KC-MO): https://www.strangemusicinc.com/artists
especially like Rittz, Ces Cru and Krizz Kaliko.
I also really enjoy Earl Sweatshirt--he's kind of an acquired taste, really moody and dark raps, I recommend the track "Grief" and go from there
My favorite rapper lyrically is Deltron 3030 (a side project of Del the Funkee Homosapien) you MUST listen to Deltron 3030 album if you've never heard it--mindblowing
A great hip-hop project: One Day As A Lion. It features Zach de la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine, and Jon Theodore, drummer from Mars Volta
Flatbush Zombies are fucking sick, saw them live and it was great
Don't know if this will be your thing but... Snow Tha Product is a female rapper who totally kills it!
I'll come back as I think of more!
I like Rittz, I will try and look into some of the other artists you recommended. Thanks.

Is the Weathermen crew underground? Aesop and El P def got some acclaim. The rest of 'em deserve more respect.

This is a duo of Tame One and Cage, full of the best pcp themed rap ever.

I'm gonna stop my posting rampage for the night. Hope somebody likes anything. Played everything I sent up tonight while sending a good friend off before they move to a different coast.

Lost in grave then we all fade away,
Mental overridden I been trapt all day
All I do is burn inside, how can I feel alive?

Suicidal thoughts runnin in my head
Pain doesn’t end till you’re finally dead
Depression taken over now, can it all end now?

Never gonna feel the same, until I cure my pain
On my judgement day, nobody can take my place
Let it all rain down thru the night, till i’m feelin drained out, can no longer fight