• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Underdose - do I still have to wait a month?

GumbyClaymation

Bluelighter
I haven't used x in years (only pills in the past) but got a hold of some molly powder. I had a very light meal about an hour before dosing (mistake, but didn't want to be rude an not eat). An hour or so later, I dropped a 125mg bomb. The product has a very good rep, but I barely noticed anything.
Next time, I plan to bump up the dose and find a situation where I can be sure to have fasted for longer.
I know you're supposed to wait a whole month (or at least two weeks) to let your brain recover and avoid losing the magic. In this case, though, am I set to try again sooner since I didn't really feel much of anything?

I'm really anxious to try this out, since it's been years for me (aside from crap mephedrone and methylone, but even that's been months), but I'll willing to do the right thing to let this stuff work the way it should.

TIA

Underdose. From my experience, Yes.

i waited a month after taking 80mg before, (some effect but not loads, however there was valium in my system so..)

Just wait a month, Especially if you do not want disappointment next time. 125mg bomb would be quite a dose for me

It will be a much more painful hangover later that week. I've rolled after two weeks a couple of times and the roll was more intense but i felt rougher a couple of days later.

Well, I'm feeling no hangover from my underdose. Based on the advice, though, I'll stick it out for a month for the MDMA.

I've been doing some reading that implies there is no cross tolerance with MDA. Could I take MDA next weekend or the weekend and not have that count against my one month wait?

Also, there should be no cross tolerance from 2CB or 2CE, right? Didn't think about it before, but I took 2CE the night before the MDMA, and am considering taking 2CB in a day or two, but want to be certain that there aren't any issues.

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I'm feeling no hangover from my underdose. Based on the advice, though, I'll stick it out for a month for the MDMA.

I've been doing some reading that implies there is no cross tolerance with MDA. Could I take MDA next weekend or the weekend and not have that count against my one month wait?

Also, there should be no cross tolerance from 2CB or 2CE, right? Didn't think about it before, but I took 2CE the night before the MDMA, and am considering taking 2CB in a day or two, but want to be certain that there aren't any issues.

Thanks for the replies.

Theres a pretty big cross tolerance between 2C-x and MDMA, and MDA is basically the same as MDMA so there is a huge cross tolerance. I would say wait a month just to be safe, and stay away from most drugs about a week before if you really want to have a good roll.

Also, I wouldnt be doing 2Cs that close together, especially if you have been rolling and doing other drugs...

Theres a pretty big cross tolerance between 2C-x and MDMA, and MDA is basically the same as MDMA so there is a huge cross tolerance. I would say wait a month just to be safe, and stay away from most drugs about a week before if you really want to have a good roll.

Also, I wouldnt be doing 2Cs that close together, especially if you have been rolling and doing other drugs...

Do the 2Cs actually deplete serotonin? I thought they just acted on those receptors. Is it effective to do 2Cs or tryptamines on a weekly basis while I'm on my mdma break? I've been underdosing on a number of things because I'm slowly working my way up in dosages to figure out where I should be at. Nothing's been particularly strong, but I'm eager to continue, so I can make some conclusions on what to stock up on in case some things become harder to get.

Thanks

I believe there is a good amount of cross tolerance between the 2Cs and MDMA, most drugs release SOME serotonin, and the 2Cs have been said to be very like an MDMA and LSD mix, so I would assume that it would have more of a effect on serotonin than traditional psychs

Doing drugs weekly on an MDMA break is counter productive though. The whole point of the break is to give your brain a rest and time to recover. That being said, you probably shouldnt be doing 2Cs every week anyways, they are drugs, and they have negative effects that come around with abuse. 2 weeks has been my sweet spot with psychedelics, but this is probably not so good either

2c's don't release any serotonin. The way (most of them) work is kind of like psilocybin. The compound is similar to serotonin itself and when you take it it takes over serotonin's job for about 5 hours, leaving your serotonin nicely stored in your brain. If only MDMA worked that way :') SEROTONIN

I wouldnt say they release NO serotonin, but thats not their main job, yes.

Im guessing they bind to 5-HTa like most psychs? For me, LSD can deff release a LOT of serotonin, not as much as MDMA of course because thats its only job, but just because psychs bind to serotonin receptors, instead of releasing it, doesnt mean they dont release at all

Last edited:
I believe there is a good amount of cross tolerance between the 2Cs and MDMA, most drugs release SOME serotonin, and the 2Cs have been said to be very like an MDMA and LSD mix, so I would assume that it would have more of a effect on serotonin than traditional psychs

Doing drugs weekly on an MDMA break is counter productive though. The whole point of the break is to give your brain a rest and time to recover. That being said, you probably shouldnt be doing 2Cs every week anyways, they are drugs, and they have negative effects that come around with abuse. 2 weeks has been my sweet spot with psychedelics, but this is probably not so good either
folley, learn a bit of pharmacology please...
just because something ACTS on serotonin doesn't make it a releasing agent. MDMA acts by causing release, LSD/Shrooms/Trypts/2Cx aren't releasing agents.
and no, LSD doesn't "release lots of serotonin for me".
thats impossible, LSD isn't a fucking releasing agent.
drugs that work by acting as releasing agents are pretty much limited to amphetamine-type stimulants (MDxx included, as are cathinones)...
you dont seem to understand, ok quick lesson
when one takes amphetamine/methamphetamine (and MDMA works the same, switch out dopamine for serotonin pretty much), itll get into ya brain, and force dopamine/norepinephrine/serotonin release (and sometimes also inhibit reuptake), because its close enough to dopamien that it cna fit in your receptors. This is just hijacking the brain's neurotransmitter system and forcing it to dump all neurotransmitters it has instead of releasing small amounts after certain behaviors.
when one takes a sergotonic psychedelic, it gets in ya brain, and it sneaks into ya serotonin receptors, and it can activate the receptor, meaning LSD for example can get in ya receptor, and have the same effect that serotonin does, but much greater/different effect.

Last edited:
oh rly?

Please go on to tell me how its impossible for psychedelics to release any serotonin, I would love to hear that.

Just because something isnt a releasing agent, doesnt mean it cant stimulate the release of serotonin to the axons, you know, like what happens when your happy?

when you're happy, thats FROM the serotonin, i'm pretty sure...thats how SSRIs work, inhibit 5HT reuptake therefore there's more 5HT in the synapses and thus 5HT levels will go up.
Last i knew being happy didn't cause 5HT release.
protip:
you feel happy on MDMA because the massive release of 5HT (and some reuptake inhibition too) causes yo receptors to activate, thus you feel happy. not I FEEL HAPPY THEN SEROTONIN IS RELEASED, no, I FEEL HAPPY BECAUSE 5HT is released. Protip: serotonin isn't released into the axons, serotonin is released in ya brain into the SYNAPSE (by the neuron), where it can be taken up into another neuron.
I took AP psych in HS, i know a teensy bit about this.
had to check to be sure i was right, sure enough i iz

Last edited:
Thats not my point and you know it.

I never said 2C-B releases serotonin, but that it CAN. Doing it every week is going to slow down the recovery process of MDMA. There is no doubt in my mind.

I believe I said this before, but Ill say it again. You can roll fine after taking 2Cs, but if you want to make sure you have the best roll possible, just wait a few days.

Now if you want to keep pointing out useless background information that I gave that is very slightly wrong, be my guest. But dont think your helping anyone.

it CAN?
no, it fucking CANNOT.
that is what you dont seem to fucking understand. 2CB's method of action doesnt involve serotonin release. RELEASING AGENTS CAUSE RELEASE. IF A SUBSTANCE IS NOT A RELEASING AGENT IT CANNOT CAUSE RELEASE.
thats like saying that if you have the munchies from pot, that the pot makes your dopamine levels increase after you eat because of the natural release of dopamine after eating.
jesus christ you're 16, and not even a genius at, given you fail to grasp some basic english principles, dont try to argue with me, when did you become a pharmacologist?
if psychedelics caused release anything more than normal, there would be depletion and then the EFFECTS OF DEPLETION would be felt after tripping, like depression and all that.
Psychedelics dont have a crash like amphetamines or MDMA does, becaues they dont cause fucking release, if your dopamine levels after coming off of amphetamine were the same as before taking it, you woulnd't have a goddamn crash, you DO haev a crash, because your levels are lower than normal (after all ya dopamine has been released at once), and you feel like shit till they get back to normal. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH PSYCHES.
jesus christ.

Everybody just CALM down.
CALMER!

Ok...
I must side with Folley on this one.
Releasing agents are often agonists, and agonists also release serotonin.
There is overlap going on, as with many biochemical processes.
The body and nervous system is a continuous landscape, not a segmented mother board.

However, LSD is not a potent releaser - not system wide.
Neither are 2Cs.
They do not reverse the action of the transporter, which is a unique and powerful property of MDMA.

The question is whether or not the local release in particular circuits from RCs, such as visual and prefrontal cortices, is significant.
I would imagine they are, but I never had the pleasure of taking LSD or RCs.
Shame....since I have high quality acid in my fucking freezer that I inherited after my serotonin syndrome.
I am tempted honestly...

And serotonin itself does not cause happiness.
It is serotonin's effects on dopamine that are responsible for its anti-depressant/euphoric effects.
Particularly, it is the DROP in serotonin after the release that allows for the unique surge in dopamine, prolactin, and oxytocin.
When serotonin levels begin climbing back up after the fall, this is when post-roll anxiety and general shittiness comes to play.
Serotonin inhibits happiness, or modulates it.

And increasing serotonin is not directly responsible for its positive effects!
Can you imagine living on a bad comeup day after day, with constant high levels of cortisol?
That is what recovery from 'neurotoxicity' is like!

To the OP - RCs, LSD, mushrooms...
These are all 5HT2a and 2c agonists.
Both of these particular receptor subtypes are believed to be responsible for the psychidelic effects, although other receptors are effected.
Important: agonists down-regulate receptors.
So do large doses of antagonists.

The distinction is that antagonists block the action of the receptor while agonists activate it.
Either way, the receptor site depends on homeostasis to stick around.
And LSD, by the way, is 100 times stronger a 5HT-2a agonist than psylosibin!

While not a neurotoxin, LSD and likely RCs can cause permanent changes in receptor expression especially in the 2a rich prefrontal region.
And since this is the most vulnerable region to MDMA toxicity, I would certainly expect a cross-tolerance that would effect your ability to roll.
MDMA depends on those 2a receptors in the highest brain region!

Hope this helped.

You get the munchies from pot, because the chemical that naturally makes you hungry is stimulated.

Whats wrong with my English? And what does that have anything to do with this? i got dat proppa engrish from dat rush of da amphetaminez

Stop being a bitch llama. This has nothing to do with this thread and you know it. You just got tired of me ignoring you in the puddle so you came out here.

No one on this site is pharmacologist, and age has nothing to do with smarts.

Psychedelics often cause crashes, I myself, and a large amount of my friends have had them. It happens from any drug. Saying its impossible for any release of serotonin to occur while tripping is very ignorant. Marijuana causes serotonin to be released. Does that cause a crash?

Drugs work in MANY MANY MANY ways we dont know about. Does MDMA release dopamine? No of course not. But when you have no serotonin left, thats the first thing that happens, your dopa starts flowing out like serotonin and destroys the axons. So psychedelics can ONLY bind to the receptors, and thats it? Mkay then 8)

While not a neurotoxin, LSD and likely RCs can cause permanent changes in receptor expression especially in the 2a rich prefrontal region.
And since this is the most vulnerable region to MDMA toxicity, I would certainly expect a cross-tolerance that would effect your ability to roll.
MDMA depends on those 2a receptors in the highest brain region!

This is exactly what I was talking about. While they dont directly cause the release of serotonin, they still have significant cross tolerance

Youre not your
my analogy there folley was pot isn't a dopamine releaser because it makes you hungry, and so you decide to eat, seating releases dopamine (eating no matter what releases dopamine)
does mdma relase dopamine?
yes you imbecile, yes it fucking DOES. Why do you think MDA is more speedy in effects than MDMA? Because MDA doesn't have that methyl group on it, so there's less affinity for 5HT and more affinity for dopamine (and idk what the norepinephrine release is comparatively, that should be higher as well) thus more stimulant like in effects. MDMA is a stronger 5HT releaser than MDA because of that methyl group on the amphetamine, and a less strong norepinephrine releaser (norepinephrine is the cause of a lot of the side effects associated with stimulants).
the issue is if you have release of dopamine AND serotonin (and MDMA has neurotoxic metabolates to begin with, but anyway...), that is toxic. There's serotonin releasing agents that will pump out more than MDMA does, but without the release of dopamine and norepinephrine too, the MDMA magic isnt there.

My God your stupid.

MDMA release dopamine, because it releases serotonin. Without the serotonin there, it goes straight to dopamine and the other chemicals, causing much more speedy effects.

Just stop. You obviously cant understand what Im talking about.

no.....you're fucking stupid, here's why.
you can have plenty of serotonin release without dopamine. MDMA's STRUCTURE lends itself to act on multiple neurotransmitter.
Without what there, what goes straight to dopamine...
dopamien doesn't cause the speedy effects of "speed", thats caused by norepinephrine..