• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Unbearably mourning codeine

I always thought it was Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome but protracted also makes ALOT of sense!
Thank you for your response. So I've lost my source! Otherwise I could completely justify just carrying on! Along with the other myriad of lies I told myself. I've had good advice here.. But god the protracted thingymajig is alive and well in me.

Thank you for your response. So I've lost my source! Otherwise I could completely justify just carrying on! Along with the other myriad of lies I told myself. I've had good advice here.. But god the protracted thingymajig is alive and well in me.
Sorry, meant reply to Keif!

I love the title. "Mourning Codeine"? You have a knack for satire that would make Voltaire retire in obscurity to plant cabbages. I would mourn it too. Dope, my by-word for Opioids of all shades is always gonna be my Jodi Arias. That chick who you know factually to be insane, but satisfies your lifelong fantasy of dating the dirtiest of gutter whores, then one day, your poor friends find you blue, stiff and possibly, molested.

What you're going through is extremely common, but not frequently discussed in medical/psychological literature about addiction. We are all led to believe that withdrawal is a trial by fire, like a gauntlet we have to walk, but if we steel ourselves, it will be over after 72 hours and we will emerge from our bedrooms rested, recovered and ready to take on whatever life can throw at us.

It's callled Protracted Withdrawal Syndrome as opposed to Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Unlike some other drugs, namely, sedative-hypnotics, Opioid withdrawal is very linear. Think of it like a wave where you will reach the crest and start heading toward the trough. The wave's height is going to be smaller and smaller in relation to you and you will enter a period in which your acute symptoms are mirrored by a longer-lasting more mild form. This typically lasts for a couple of months if you're not a heavy user, but someone withdrawing from chronic, high-dose Methadone could easily expect 6 months of bullshit. I really don't like being a pessimist, but I feel not being real about the situation sets people up for failure.

I'm a lover, a fighter, a writer of poetry, but first and foremost, I'm a filthy, amoral drug addict. So, my approach to withdrawal has always centered upon the use of other drugs. This is not an original idea on my part, but it has always "worked" for me.

Clonidine - Gabapentin - Cannabis

With these drugs, I can make even that 6 month Methadone hell bearable. Do you have a doctor? Are you willing to connect with someone who will sign prescriptions? We can totally talk about the use of these drugs if you're interested.

You definitely need to understand that an Opioid is an Opioid in this instance. Whether you discuss using Loperamide, Codeine, Kratom or Tramadol, they are all just Opioids. The actual drug is much less relevant than the relative potency of each. Like we discussed already, Opioid withdrawal is typically very linear, so whatever Opioid you choose to use, you're likely just tailoring that relative dose to fit your needs.

At this stage, you can choose to remain on Opioids or get off of them. The longer I live and the more I learn from myself and my peers, I come to see Opioid addiction more and more as a treatable condition, in which society is the primary driving force in most folks' devotion to the idea of complete abstinence. I've seen a lot of people get on Methadone and kill themselves with other drugs, I've seen folks get off Heroin who were basically ruined by the process. Being sober is one thing and being sober, functional and happy are two completely different concepts. When I got off Methadone ( 3 separate times), the idea of getting out of a hot shower and being cold for 30 seconds could have been my Mt. Everest. Every problem, negative emotion, magnified to grotesque proportions. I was clean, but I fucking hated my life, everyone and everything in it.

I'm not going to question your reasons or rationale. If you want to be completely abstinent, we will help you get there. I just don't want anyone to ever give up their chance at a normal life simply because they are pressured into it. I don't personally see anything wrong with being addicted to Codeine for the rest of your life. What is it, a few dollars a box and the potential for intermittent constipation? If it makes you feel alright and you don't hurt anyone in the process, I say go for it.
Im probably more than the cabbage than Voltaire..

The first time I got clean it was from extended oxycodone and xanax use. I just kept telling myself, just keep going thru the motions, stay the course and it will get better! This isnt forever its just for now.

It does take time but you will slowly start to see all facets of your life improve and you will eventually stop thinking about.

I agree with all the advice here, esp exercise. I started out slowly with walking and then jogging and eventually even added in some HITT exercises. Its hard to push thru the exercise but so true that you feel better and so accomplished after.

If I had a habit to kick I would personally not hesitate to go over to high dose once daily loperamide + omeprazole kick again but it's considered bad HR. Far better than trying to taper with something shorter acting IMO and IME. I wish I had known about it the first time I kicked.
Methadone better more reliable have you tried methadone?

It's very hard to start exercise at first because "motivation is in the bin" as you said. You kinda have to force it the first few times - like your body and mind will absolutely not want to do it but you have to just suck it up and make it happen. After you've gotten a few small workouts out of the way you'll start to notice that you are actually starting to enjoy it and you are starting to feel better overall. Exercise can actually start to feel like a drug itself too, mild of course, but strong enough that you really start to enjoy it and look forward to it. It can fill that void that the drugs are no longer taking care of.

Then you start noticing that all aspects of your life start improving: you're sleeping better, you have more energy, your mood is better, you have more confidence and motivation, you can concentrate and think better, you handle stress better, you start to look better and feel better about yourself. Getting through work each day is easier. ETC It really is the best antidepressant especially after quitting drugs, it's helped me tremendously when getting over an opioid addiction ~20 years ago and then again when getting over a pretty severe stimulant addiction about 8 years ago.

It's really hard at first and you really have to force yourself to do what you absolutely won't feel like doing. But it can be so worth it. Just start slow especially if you haven't exercised in a long time and/or are badly out of shape. Doesn't have to be anything crazy, you could simply start with just taking a short walk everyday and then slowly build from there.

Good luck.
The same ime applies for natural labor. In other word's getting your hand's in the ground. Grow veggie's, fruit or whatever plant you choose.

It give a very clean mind while doing and reward afterward's.

do yall think that when someone is on maintenance they may have a harder time releasing those endorphins through excersise? Does anyone have experience with that?

It's probably hard to say definitely but for me I still enjoyed exercise during opioid maintenance but it wasn't quite as enjoyable or fulfilling. I'd also have a hard to finding the motivation unless I timed my exercise to coincide when I would feel the best during the day which usually meant about 30 minutes to an hour after dosing for me.

I also noticed that my recovery and any gains (in either endurance/stamina, muscle/strength, whatever) seemed to be slowed down. I also seemed to plateau pretty quickly. Some of this had to do with my mental and emotional state likely as I just felt sluggish and mentally/emotionally blunted but long term opioid use also likely has some affect on hormones so it's likely the body is also not in the best condition to benefit from exercise as much.

But what really helped was building up the routine during maintenance and then keeping that routine up during the tapering process and then through the final jump to sobriety. The exercise was very helpful during this process and it was a lot easier to keep it up then it would have been for me to suddenly start exercise out of nowhere after I finally jumped off the opioids.

Methadone is certainly going to prevent cravings better, but loperamide won't switch addictions to a new longer lasting opioid so it allows you to take it for a short period of time and mostly bypass withdrawal and then stop and be fine.

Actually though loperamide can cause a very long-lasting physical dependence if you use it for too long, but you can get away with 1-2 weeks no problem. Taking methadone for a week to get off of shorter acting opioids will just get you addicted to methadone. Which may be better than, say, heroin or something, but it will then require a long taper and more suffering down the road.

it is almost for sure the best maintenance opioid for long-term maintenance though. I absolutely love methadone, it's probably my favorite opioid to take recreationally (I have not taken it many times).

Have only tried the stuff a handful of times with mixed results I don't know as much about it as some people do but I still think methadone would suit the ops needs better the benefits would outweighs the negative s if he could get his hands on enough he can use that to cut down the dose to 1mg and go from there plus it would actually give op a buzz which would fill the void from his doc

I tried methadone not as a withdrawal aid but as a maintenance drug. At 80mg/day i was still in pain in the evening and so was using kratom on top heavily. As far as tapering i thought once daily, high dose lope was extremely effective over a period of like 2-3 weeks. I dunno how many 96 count bottles of lope i went through but i took my time with it. I was on like 20-25 x2mg pills (plus omeprazole) a day for a minute.

I tried methadone not as a withdrawal aid but as a maintenance drug. At 80mg/day i was still in pain in the evening and so was using kratom on top heavily. As far as tapering i thought once daily, high dose lope was extremely effective over a period of like 2-3 weeks. I dunno how many 96 count bottles of lope i went through but i took my time with it. I was on like 20-25 x2mg pills (plus omeprazole) a day for a minute.
Methadone doesn't do its job until you have taken it for a few days then you get a buzz an hour or so after your next dose as long as it's within the next 12-24 hours depending on your metabolism atleast that's how it effects me I'd probably be dead in prison or something if I wasn't on methadone oh and this might not make a difference but I usually have a hot drink about 15-20 min after ingestion I feel like this speeds it up in fact I just had my dose half hour ago and am sitting here with a caramel cappuccino and a fat spliff what more could a man ask for well a girlfriend to start but not much more

Methadone doesn't do its job until you have taken it for a few days then you get a buzz an hour or so after your next dose as long as it's within the next 12-24 hours depending on your metabolism atleast that's how it effects me I'd probably be dead in prison or something if I wasn't on methadone oh and this might not make a difference but I usually have a hot drink about 15-20 min after ingestion I feel like this speeds it up in fact I just had my dose half hour ago and am sitting here with a caramel cappuccino and a fat spliff what more could a man ask for well a girlfriend to start but not much more
I find hot coffee, hot tea, and yerba mate to potentiate opioids too.

Would this work to minimize wds from heroin/fentdope?? Why omeprazole?

Would this work to minimize wds from heroin/fentdope?? Why omeprazole?
Yes i think it would. Omeprazole is supposed to be p-glycoprotein inhibitor which is theorized to allow loperamide to cross the blood-brain barrier and exert central opioid effects.

Yes i think it would. Omeprazole is supposed to be p-glycoprotein inhibitor which is theorized to allow loperamide to cross the blood-brain barrier and exert central opioid effects.
Normal dose of omeprazole with the high dose of loperamide or high dose of both?

Have only tried the stuff a handful of times with mixed results I don't know as much about it as some people do but I still think methadone would suit the ops needs better the benefits would outweighs the negative s if he could get his hands on enough he can use that to cut down the dose to 1mg and go from there plus it would actually give op a buzz which would fill the void from his doc
So good suggestion but I can't get hold of Methadone without getting it prescribed by my GP and that's not an option for me.
Im gonna try the running.
Also I'm a gal 😜 it feels very male heavy around here but I could be wrong.