• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Unbearably mourning codeine

So good suggestion but I can't get hold of Methadone without getting it prescribed by my GP and that's not an option for me.
Im gonna try the running.
Also I'm a gal 😜 it feels very male heavy around here but I could be wrong.
You aren't wrong and I hope the running helps. I also mourned quitting the pharm opioid pills as I thought they brought out the true me and I could do anything on them. I was fooling myself and everyone else. The true mind and personality ( for me ) only came out and shone when I quit . Finally found out what it was like to be really me.

You aren't wrong and I hope the running helps. I also mourned quitting the pharm opioid pills as I thought they brought out the true me and I could do anything on them. I was fooling myself and everyone else. The true mind and personality ( for me ) only came out and shone when I quit . Finally found out what it was like to be really me.
Isn’t it weird how different drugs have different personalities…think stereotypes, almost like theyr alive and using us as a host ha

That's exactly right. I felt like I could and was achieving what I wanted to. Looking back I really feel I was more productive as well but that could be a trick.. I probably just cared less.

When I was withdrawing from kratom the only thing that made me feel better was long walks. I would just keeping on walking.... all day walking. And hot showers too. No matter what I couldn't sleep without benzos though :(

When I was withdrawing from kratom the only thing that made me feel better was long walks. I would just keeping on walking.... all day walking. And hot showers too. No matter what I couldn't sleep without benzos though :(
Kratom mystifies me, thought it would honestly save my sanity but 35 caps down the hatch... Made me feel nothing. And waiting for a high that doesn't come is a disappointment I'm not gonna repeat. Sorry for your struggle with with it tho and hope your coping mechanisms are working.

Im sincerely hoping to find what you have! Well done :)

Kratom mystifies me, thought it would honestly save my sanity but 35 caps down the hatch... Made me feel nothing. And waiting for a high that doesn't come is a disappointment I'm not gonna repeat. Sorry for your struggle with with it tho and hope your coping mechanisms are working.
I find i need like 8grams to really feel anything and when I quit I was dosing 25g 4x daily. I'd skip the pills and toss and wash to get a proper dose unless the pills are strong extract or something.

I still 5 feel 5 grams and I've been a daily opioid user for like 5 years now.
So the caps were approx 0.5g in each one so if taking 35 didn't do anything I can't imagine any more would do much. I don't understand why toss and wash is more effective, it's still absorbed in the same way, just a bit slower due to the caps needing to break down. I've given up with it anyway and given what I hear about the WD it's probably a good thing!

hmm yeah if codeine is the starting point withdrawal is probably comparable, they're both pretty mild. Perhaps the kratom you have is bunk or maybe its some unique metabolism, everyone's different.

So the caps were approx 0.5g in each one so if taking 35 didn't do anything I can't imagine any more would do much. I don't understand why toss and wash is more effective, it's still absorbed in the same way, just a bit slower due to the caps needing to break down. I've given up with it anyway and given what I hear about the WD it's probably a good thing!

I always find that gelatine capsules affect the absorption of anything, it makes it takes longer to absorb which makes the peak plasma levels grow slower, which reduces the strength of the peak. Though you still should have gotten something.

Try pouring hot water over the powder, empty the gel caps if you have gel caps. Let it steep, stir, and drink it all down. That will allow it to absorb more quickly and may lead to better effects, I find it does.

But sounds like you might just have shitty kratom.

Im sincerely hoping to find what you have! Well done :)
Thank you Opal. You have already quit. I know the PAWS is hard right now. PAWS is where the bear shit in the buckwheat. Quitting is a cake walk compared to staying the course. Since you are now basically opioid naive again give kratom another shot. Try different vendors. 6 grams ( 12 capsules ) should feel really close to a low dose codeine buzz. 35 caps is 17 grams and if you didn't barf you certainly should have felt it. Must have been some crappy kratom. I'm rooting for ya Opal. <3

Last night I went a little crazy on the kratom, I actually got pretty high somewhat resembling heroin tbh…but after the couple hours of being high I got pretty bad nausea and had to go to bed, I finally realized how dangerous this stuff can be for an addict…I was gonna do an a/b but I don’t think I will, if I get freebase crystals of mit I already know I’m back where I started

There are soooooo many threads on here of people withdrawing from kratom. Ive seen a bunch of people lately saying they have to dose every couple hours to stop from feeling classic dope sickness, Ive seen others that have even worse sickness, like dope sickness + SSRI withdrawal bc of all the alkaloids in kratom. PAWs is horrible but I say just stay the course, you're free of the chains of opiate addiction!!! It will get better I promise!!! You might not have been to the point yet where opiate were destroying your life but pretty much everyone gets there bc tolerance just ALWAYS keeps going up.

Thinking you are more productive on opiates is definitely an illusion. I know the feeling well but if you stay the course and start exercising, start focusing on physical health, become addicted to that, seriously, and your best life will be yet to come!!

If you are doubting yourself and really considering kratom, just do a quick search here on kratom withdrawal and read thru some of the threads and I bet you'll change your mind!! If I was you, Id consider myself lucky that you had the experience you did w kratom!!!