• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

@Forever Changes, 150 g is about 5 oz, which is 2.5 doses under my personal record-keeping system. That would be more than enough to have me smiling and content to stare at the wall for hours, even with my current moderate tolerance, so my guess is your seeds were washed. Please be careful and don't go doubling your recipe with new seeds. If I were you, I'd *half* your recipe and try more seeds until you've found some that work at that level. You'll find them if you keep looking, not that that's a good idea.

IME... washed seeds will work you just need more of them... hence me suggesting he use more.

Oh yeah I'm familiar with that

It's unbelievable actually...

ANYTHING that has any psychoactive effect whatsoever is banned....unless a specific exception (like alcohol, nicotine, caffine etc.)..

But this has led to people arguing that ice cream or chocolate has a psychoactive effect (somewhat) so why isn't that banned then too...

It's a bit of a mess and was a knee jerk reaction to the massive proliferation of legal highs....

It's why I say there's no psychoactive supplements available in stores (like GABA). Not a trace of mind-altering chemical not approved by some agency, will be laying around where the unwashed masses might buy it.

If you could conveniently get high on poppy seeds, they'd be illegal. They're legal in South Asian Islamic countries, where they literally put the stuff in bowls and eat with honey.

*Conveniently, for me, means consuming less than pounds at a time.
Of course, then you say 5oz is a dose. Well, that's manageable, but not sustainable. I think if you started cleaning out bulk bins in grocery stores, you'd be getting high on some mutant ergot growing in the dust near the bottom.

Last edited:
^Exactly. Not a psychoactive substance, in supplement form. Of course, there are lots of receptors for GABA in the peripheral nervous system, which phenibut and baclofen target, and megadoses of GABA will have effects, just not the "calming, anxiety-melting, benzo-like" ones they advertise.

@Forever Changes, 150 g is about 5 oz, which is 2.5 doses under my personal record-keeping system. That would be more than enough to have me smiling and content to stare at the wall for hours, even with my current moderate tolerance, so my guess is your seeds were washed. Please be careful and don't go doubling your recipe with new seeds. If I were you, I'd *half* your recipe and try more seeds until you've found some that work at that level. You'll find them if you keep looking, not that that's a good idea.

I'll confess I didn't down it all at once. Seeds from wholesalers might be more effective, but I will only increase the dose gradually

He's from Britain.....

The laws are differemt regarding anything psychoactive since 2016

I doubt it's to do with the PS Act, it's just that pre-packaged supermarket things are carefully standardised and sanitised/washed for public consumption. I'm surprised the dried pods didn't fall under the act though. Perhaps an MP secretly uses them and got an exemption, like that gay one who insisted Poppers be excluded.....

in some countries poppy seeds are very much illegal. Some poor tourist got imprisoned for years in the United Arab Emirates because a few poppy seeds were found on his clothes after he'd eaten a bagel at the airport. Now THAT's Draconian....

No in the Uk they literally made regulations on how much morphine the seeds can contain making sure they have none on them

There are obv. poppy cultivars nearly devoid of morphine, and I think Iranian poppies in particular have excess thebaine (all P. somniferum). I'm sure breeders for food products favor "chaste" seeds that sell in all markets, or get around restrictions. So even if your state has no regs, the wholesaler for your market may find those cultivars cheaper. Or mix and match, so they'll vary with every lot. That's a big risk--your washed seeds may be unwashed the next order.

I shouldn't complain about anecdotal replies to my anecdote--the Iranian ex' dad ate poppy seeds by the bowlfull but he did do that stateside, I don't know about in Iran ; in fact he was here during the revolution and stayed, so it's moot. Otherwise I heard the drugs on your shoes in Dubai airport a decade ago, but that was for weed. I think both stories are greatly exaggerated.

It was a foreign national that got busted for the seeds off the bagel. The joint stuck in someone's shoe was a different situation both recent

Danish flag Poppys!

Hi BL community! I am a very avid gardener and was interested in growing some danish flag poppy (for floral purposes of course). I know they are very finicky but mine are already about a week old and doing great! Do any other gardeners have any tips on what they do and do not like? I have a cheap LED grow light for them and have them in some small pots with organic nutrient rich soil, they seem to love it so far

we don't even really have a gardening sub forum lol...

i'll wait for another mod's opinion..

There is a gardening thread in EADD and one in LAVA.

I love gardening as well. All outdoors for me as I live where the climate is conducive to growing year round. I imagine that is also true for you in S.A. BehindtheShadow?