• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Pharmacologists... ASSEMBLE!

I believe 20 quid was a standard price for an eighth (as in 3.5g) way back when, so that's probably where it came from in your area. Generally an eighth is pretty much internationally accepted to be one eighth of an ounce, usually rounded down slightly to 3.5g. An eighth has always been around £35-40 for me, 1.8g for £20 doesn't seem unreasonable at all, but hey maybe I'm just used to the overpriced drugs of modern times.

Sounds like you were very lucky not to get an intent to supply charge with the cocaine too tbh.

Why else would someone use the 8 ball emoji?

x1f3b1.png.pagespeed.ic.x63QUncme3.png

Sounds like you were very lucky not to get an intent to supply charge with the cocaine too tbh.

Yes I was very lucky, through quick thinking and a good PSA (Police Station Advocate) I managed to get them to keep it at just possesion, however when I went to crown for it the judge had a go at the CPS for letting me away with it!

Yeah, see it's similar here where you can buy 3.5g (a true eighth) for £30-35 but everyone just calls £20's worth an eighth... or a Henry!

Hello,

My general response is that to anyone who is suggesting I was selling underweight, generally in my town and surrounding areas, if you buy an 'eighth' you are not buying 3.5g or thinking you will get that. Normally an eighth would weigh in at around 1.9g ± 0.3. If someone here spoke of buying an eighth, I would assume that they will pay £20 for a 'little eighth' that is unless they said 'big eighth' which would then cost them £30 and be 3.5g.

This must clearly be a regional thing, however I am aware of other towns here being similar. I think this could be a case of misunderstanding the environmental aspects.

And to the fella at the bottom - I worked there prior to getting arrested... and not doing too bad now actually, so karma may have her
Consumer - It wasn't personal use, however I managed to talk my way out of a PWIS Class A and was let off with possesion.

Unfortunately, this phenomenon of idiocy appears to be nationwide. As a man of science, it is your duty to educate the chavvy masses as to what 'an eighth' actually means, instead of perpetuating the myth to line your own pockets...

(This is a pet hate of mine - I'm always arguing with my daughter's friends regarding weed weights. They need to realise that 'an eighth' is a specific weight, NOT a monetary value. It's like those twats that think a 'light year' is a unit of time...)

Last edited:
F.U.B.A.R - I have to say, this made me chuckle. I completely agree that it should be based on the weight of 1/8th of an ounce at 3.5g but the problem is now people are changing over to selling 'little eighths' and 'big eighths' which are 1.8 and 3.5 respectivly so you would go out to someone with a 3.5g and he will only have £20 (for a little eighth). Hopefully the little one will bugger off and people can actually sell true eights and maybe 'teenths (1/16th oz) at 1.75 but they will have to accept that wouldn't be a £10 bag anymore, it would be £20 straight, and then scrap the £10 nags weighing 0.8 and that.

My pet hate is underweight cocaine. Shit is expensive enough especially here in oztralia without getting less than advertised. I know its common but it shits me. Luckily my guy weighs it in front of me.

So Consumer you get on point? Can;t complain about that at all! Unfortunatly the shit we get down these parts isn't the best and it's pretty common for people to sell .4's and .9's as halfs and grammes respectively.... I know someone who does .3's as halfs! It's not a good market to be selling anything in aroun dhere but still, £40 for a .4, £80 for a .9 will be paid and sniffed, and then called back again!

I don't really like the 'geographical' excuse being offered. Maybe it is what it is and if idiots are prepared to pay £20 for 1.8 and pretend it's an eighth (love the light year analogy btw FUBAR) then they deserve all, ALL?, as less as they get. But in the hypothetical situation I was ever to sell weed my conscience wouldn't allow a) that price or b) to call it an eighth. And I don't think I'd have much room for complaint if I got my kneecaps broken for it. But horses for courses and if you were selling bush weed twigs then whatever. Still not the best fucking CV either way for a potential pharmacist, Boa's comment about working for big pharma aside.

Am I really desensitised to modern prices thinking 1.8g is an alright price for a £20 bag of (apparently) 'peng' weed. Possibly a wee bit on the pricey side, but around £10/g at that sort of weight has been standard for quite a few years in my experience.

It's no more annoying than meth being sold as "crack" in west Australia

Selling weed I couldn't care less. Unless you are buying ounces or pounds, a 20 or 50 bag is often eye balled. This is acceptable as people will pay double for good quality weed of the same weight over sticks and twigs.

When dealing in pharmaceuticals however an 8th should be 3.5g. That's why you carry your own scales and watch them bag them up while you share a tea or coffee.