Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Pharmacologists... ASSEMBLE!

3methylmorphine

Greenlighter
Good Morning.

I hope this is in the correct forum.

First, allow me to explain some backstory.
I am a male in my mid 20s studying currently on an undergrad level degree in science. In 2013 I was arrested, charged and sentenced as per below. This resulted in a two year suspended sentence and community service as punishment. Since that, nothing of any significance. From as young as 5 I wanted to work in medicine, specifically getting an MBBS/MBCHB and doing the med school route, however I am pretty certain that I've excluded that option as of the convictions. I did not excel at school, however I left with 7 GCSE's inc. M/E/Sc.

My plan, is to complete my degree and then post-grad study a pharmacology based masters and look to work in pharms. My question, I know to be a pharmacist you would need an accreditation with a body like GPC, and they probably wouldn't entertain it as of the afforementioned conviction, would the pharmacology industry as a whole be on a similar understanding or is there a possibility of getting a position with someone like Pfizer and becoming a research pharmacologist etc with this conviction. Specifically the conviction is outlined below.

Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (section 4(3))
Posession with intent to supply a class B substance, namely Cannabis (54g individually bagged into 30 1.8g 8ths, scales, two phones and a car door full of money)
Posession (Personal) of a class A substance, namely Cocaine (3x0.9g & 6x0.45g wraps).

Thanks in advance,
Have a nice day!

3MM

Good morning 3methylmorphine, welcome to EADD. While we appreciate your post and empathise with the position you are in, we generally do not entertain legal queries of any nature. Although I personally used to be a member of a health care professions UK professional body, I do not know how the GPC tolerates these kinds of cases and your best bet would to get direct advice from them or the academic institute that you are currently studying under. All I can advise is to be as honest and open with them about your personal experiences as ultimately organisations like this, if they are able to give you a chance with this will be looking for demonstrable behaviour change if they do accommodate members with complex histories.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help but we are not a legal advice service - you do raise an excellent query, so I wish you all the best in your development and hope that you can find the advice, encouragement and support you need to be successful in your intended vocation.

Would be a case in point for any employer. Pharmacy as you say tough. Although depending on age of conviction. Young and dumb they make allowance. Record has to be declared but more likely if you go through a college placement basis you stand a good chance of at least getting experience. As always in the world of business prove yourself capable and of worth and prior issues can be ignored. But candidates for pharma jobs are plenty and these day not so secure as people think. Nothing is ever lost by following your dream just be prepared to work harder than most to realise it. Good luck and never give up

Thank you both for your kind words. I will remain hopeful and keep trying until I find the best path. My regards.

I wish you all the best, no-one ever deserves a drug conviction.

That said, your '8ths' were suspiciously underweight or at least I hope you challenged that in court and admitted to selling generous '16ths'.

But then your Charlie was underweight too. :sus:

Heh, methinks the term 'bang to rights' has never been more appropriate.
FFS man, 30 individual deals, 2 phones and a shitload of dosh?

But you know, the worst of it is that you were selling 1.8g deals as eighths. Tough!!

It's twats like you that give drug dealers a bad name...

Plus, if you cannot comprehend that an 1/8 oz equates to roughly 3.5g, then what the fuck are you doing on a science degree??

TROLL.....

Last edited:
I'm quite sure you will not gain employment with any major pharma company as a convicted drug dealer.
Finish your studies and set up a clandestine lab. Put your knowledge to good use.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure you will not gain employment with any major pharma company as a convicted drug dealer.
Finish your studies and set up a clandestine lab. Put your knowledge to good use.

This. Absolutely. But stop fucking ripping people off!!!

!! Hello !!! says he wants to work for pharma. Biggest dodgy dealers in the world? sounds like the perfect candidate IMHO.

Worst is finding no cocaine. I'd take half a gram over a gram of flour. Nice to see ya back in EADD even though you are a twat. A clever twat but still a twat - if you need OZ translations just shout and SHM will do the honours.

Why would you have so many bags of coke? Does not sound like personal to me.
I dont know about your degree but here you cant even do placement in nursing if you have a drug conviction. I think you have sweet FA chance of getting a pharmaceutical type job but i have no idea.
Karma is a bitch

Hello,

My general response is that to anyone who is suggesting I was selling underweight, generally in my town and surrounding areas, if you buy an 'eighth' you are not buying 3.5g or thinking you will get that. Normally an eighth would weigh in at around 1.9g ± 0.3. If someone here spoke of buying an eighth, I would assume that they will pay £20 for a 'little eighth' that is unless they said 'big eighth' which would then cost them £30 and be 3.5g.

This must clearly be a regional thing, however I am aware of other towns here being similar. I think this could be a case of misunderstanding the environmental aspects.

And to the fella at the bottom - I worked there prior to getting arrested... and not doing too bad now actually, so karma may have her
Consumer - It wasn't personal use, however I managed to talk my way out of a PWIS Class A and was let off with possesion.

An 1/8 is 3.5 grams. Your coke was under. Glad you are not my dealer lol

Hang out in enough bathrooms and people give away free points

That happened to me at this bar in NYC when I was 19 (fake id got me in the door at this sketchy place). I was in the bathroom helping my friend who had gotten too drunk and while I was in there with him 2 different people offered me free bumps because I was "such a good friend." I was too freaked out to accept but that just made me think of it.

An 1/8 is 3.5 grams. Your coke was under. Glad you are not my dealer lol
Please see above post.
I am aware of the weights and meisures associated with this however you fail to appreciate that in different localities people will have different expectations and availability so the end product reflects this. High strength (peng) weed you're looking about 0.75g for £10 and so on and so forth.

Typically, Ounce brought at £220, split into 1.9g bags and sold as an 'eighth' simply because it is the terminology used here for £20 worth of weed, return £280. We haven'r brought or sold weed which was concordant to the standard weights. Nobody gets a 3.5g eighth unless you're buying the bushyest bush around.