• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

UK Ketamine Thread v.2 - shortage or not?

Oh for sure dude. If I could get hold of k in a sealed vial/bottle I think I'd go the IM route though. It's something that's on my bucket list, but the idea of injecting a street sourced drug into a muscle and the complications that contamination could potentially cause has been enough to put me off trying thus far.

Have to say, the cooked ketamine has turned out very well. The texture is really different, it seems no matter how much you crush crystals down the powder remains course. This is proper soft and lovely. Plus the vanilla extract addition is delicious. Too early to say whether I notice any noticeable difference in absorption rate/potency, but I would definitely do this again!

Last edited:
Got offered some today at 40/g 8o
It was little cubes and the k over here that is cubes and not shards/pins is what me and another mate who loves his k thinks is descloroketamine (sp?)
My mate who had a gram two nights ago said it was ok but not like most k, too sedating and not enuff holing from it so I took a pass on it, at 40/g if I don't get a hole from it, I'm not a happy k'd out bunny, literally

I seem to be stuck in a time loop permanently one day ahead of you guys. Will ketamine help with this situation?

I doubt it, Lady Ketamine's sent me into several "time-loops", mostly hellish, involving matrix-like scenarios and demonic aliens!

I had some racemic ketamine the other week (it was sold to me as such). Very much pre-ban style ketamine; potent and put me in a very visual, visionary hole. Lots of sliding through landscapes and into various rooms/down tunnels etc. I 100% do not get CEV's from stereo isomer ketamine, so I can always tell. Very good.

Was kind of a combination of small shards and powder (the latter presumably being crushed shards, it didn't seem cut). I've also had s-isomer from the same guy, which was also very potent, but lacked the lucid beauty of racemic.

Obviously people differ on their preference, or don't care, but for me:
S-isomer: heavy, potent ketamine. No CEV's: either you're wobbly and fucked or you're coming round from an ego-death hole.
Racemic: lucid, dreamy, visual ketamine. Lighter and easier to transition into a hole and experience it rather than just remember it.
Tiletamine: dancing.

I had some racemic ketamine the other week (it was sold to me as such). Very much pre-ban style ketamine; potent and put me in a very visual, visionary hole. Lots of sliding through landscapes and into various rooms/down tunnels etc. I 100% do not get CEV's from stereo isomer ketamine, so I can always tell. Very good.

Was kind of a combination of small shards and powder (the latter presumably being crushed shards, it didn't seem cut). I've also had s-isomer from the same guy, which was also very potent, but lacked the lucid beauty of racemic.

Obviously people differ on their preference, or don't care, but for me:
S-isomer: heavy, potent ketamine. No CEV's: either you're wobbly and fucked or you're coming round from an ego-death hole.
Racemic: lucid, dreamy, visual ketamine. Lighter and easier to transition into a hole and experience it rather than just remember it.
Tiletamine: dancing.

MXE: all of the above...

I've just had my first effective dose of a dissociative - ever. My heads really broken at the moment so I'm a bit all over any road but this is pretty nice in a distinctive way. Don't feel amazing but still, quite a nice detached warmth. Feels like a powerful downer is chilling me but with disco level trippy smashed state. Do not feel the urge to push it any further - I am mangled enough

I've just had my first effective dose of a dissociative - ever. My heads really broken at the moment so I'm a bit all over any road but this is pretty nice in a distinctive way. Don't feel amazing but still, quite a nice detached warmth. Feels like a powerful downer is chilling me but with disco level trippy smashed state. Do not feel the urge to push it any further - I am mangled enough

What have you had Stee?

ruffly 20-30mg dck in 2 bumps, both nostrils consecutive. sample. im no... (what was his name? that fella that felt he was the definition of a ketamine connexpertseire and then wittered on about tiletamine for 3 weeks) ... so I cannot comment on the finer points of the effect but I have read that it isn't entirely unlike it's mother compound.

My perception of that drug is that many consider it the best experience that dissociative drugs have to offer. I don't know, but after it was banned it seems to have disappeared.

I first came into contact with Ketamine at the raves, with it originally popping up on my personal radar as a moderately popular adulterant in fake ecstasy tablets, and while I managed to avoid taking one some had found it quite suitable as a dance floor psychedelic. Following the millennium though hardcore ket use became really popular at Sundisssential and Atfers in Birmingham with the patrons using it to maximise the messiness. I'm all for looney bin clubs but half of these cunts seemed like they might have well got smacked up with regards to their interaction. Either way - MXE, from what I can see, was only ever available as what I would assume would have been a consistently well synthesised product from research chemical vendors and since it became controlled no attempt at a half arsed low quality BM version has ever been reported as a drug of regular circulation. It wasn't around long and may not have been on the scene enough to assess whether long term use had any particularly novel and nasty consequences of its own. This drug therefore will be forever young and relatively innocent, where as 2 decades of ketamine popularity has revealed all sorts of drug specific nasties if overused.

Ketamine was legal when I first came across it so I cannot comment on how its slow burn prohibition has effected the quality over the years (it was originally controlled under Class C as there was little moral panic surrounding the explosion in popularity and has been upgraded to B as the years have gone on), but It seems like the last thing I need to develop a taste for. Just glad I've had a brief insight into this corner of the psychoactiverse.

ruffly 20-30mg dck in 2 bumps, both nostrils consecutive. sample. im no... (what was his name? that fella that felt he was the definition of a ketamine connexpertseire and then wittered on about tiletamine for 3 weeks) ... so I cannot comment on the finer points of the effect but I have read that it isn't entirely unlike it's mother compound.

Does that come as a cloudy crystal? Sure some analogue of ketamine is currently being sold as +S isomer KET.

I've had that thought myself. The last S ket I had was a truely horrible experience that made me feel poisoned and out of it for almost a week after. Won't touch s ket again.

I'd say 99% of the UK ketamine is s ket and has been since whenever the India supply chain was disrupted back in 2009~, it seems like the rare bit of racemic comes in via somewhere different with a lot less frequency. I wouldn't be surprised if other dissos occasionally fill in the various gaps, although I haven't seen any since I had ephenidine a good few years back.

I'd say 99% of the UK ketamine is s ket and has been since whenever the India supply chain was disrupted back in 2009~, it seems like the rare bit of racemic comes in via somewhere different with a lot less frequency. I wouldn't be surprised if other dissos occasionally fill in the various gaps, although I haven't seen any since I had ephenidine a good few years back.

How do you figure that S+ would be the prevalent one out of interest? From my understanding, S+ is very rare on the black market, except where it's been diverted in small quantities. It's an extra (and apparently quite tricky) step to separate the enantiomers and the wastage (of the R-) would be monumental. I can't figure out why a distributor (even a manufacturer using a semi-legit lab) would waste time & LOTS of money doing that. Please, if you know something I don't, I'd happily be corrected.

What I actually came to mention was that I had a chance to try the large-rock form Ket recently and found it to be exceptional. I assume it's being made clandestine somewhere because it doesn't conform to the usual format from the semi-legit labs, but that's speculation. Either way it seems to be un-tampered with and very high quality. Any other reports about it or info about where it came from?

Does that come as a cloudy crystal? Sure some analogue of ketamine is currently being sold as +S isomer KET.

No this was a powder needed a bit of a chop but it was not pulverised crystal. I only got a sample and after it arrived discovered that it was considered similar enough to ketamine that it was added to class B of the MODA a couple of years ago. Dodged a bullet there and wont be ordering again.

How do you figure that S+ would be the prevalent one out of interest? From my understanding, S+ is very rare on the black market, except where it's been diverted in small quantities. It's an extra (and apparently quite tricky) step to separate the enantiomers and the wastage (of the R-) would be monumental. I can't figure out why a distributor (even a manufacturer using a semi-legit lab) would waste time & LOTS of money doing that. Please, if you know something I don't, I'd happily be corrected.

Hmm, it is a situation which is highly contested, confused and misunderstood, and I'll be happy to admit that like most, I'm not 100% certain about which way around the isomer stiation is. I can only offer the way in which I arrived at my best attempt at a logical conclusion.

1. The pre-drought/india ketamine was noticeably different to the stuff which cropped up from China and has been about ever since. The best way I can describe it is that one type of ketamine causes me to have CEV's, and the other type doesn't. You still hole, it's just the hole is too heavy and anaesthetising and causes a lot of amnesia. I had never experienced this kind of ketamine at street level before the chinese stuff appeared some months after the ban, following a drought.
2. To my knowledge, most branded ketamine is racemic, and the india ketamine which was widely available before the ban, was racemic. This would indicate that the chinese lab ketamine which came after, which I think most people agreed is/was noticeably different, is S+ ketamine. The only easy explanation to the contrary would be the reverse, which would mean that the India ketamine was generally S+.
3. Chinese 'lab' ketamine did exist before the ketamine ban, via the internet, and I personally experienced it back in summer 2007. Quite a few of us had this stuff at the glade bluelight camp of that year and it was known and bought as stereo isomer ketamine. This was the first that I had heard of it, and it was considered an (expensive), novel rarity. I can remember that a prominent bluelighter with exquisite knowledge of chemistry was very into this stuff, and used to proclaim it as superior to the widely available racemic variety.
4. Most of the DW vendors are specifically listing their ketamine as S+ ketamine... and this is just the same ketamine that is commonly turning up on the street. I've only noticed a single instance of racemic being sold, which indicates that this stuff is less common. I have sampled both kinds, and they quite distinctly supported the idea that pre ban/pharm sourced/indian = racemic, and post ban/chinese/clandestine = stereo isomer.

I can only imagine that the chinese labs may find the S+ a preferable product to sell; after all, it is very strong, and a lot of people do actually prefer it. I'd imagine that making S+ might not be so problematic for these established labs which are moving a lot of product. There are certainly indications that the chinese labs do make different isomers of various products; take for example the different batchs of RC's with widely reported/accepted, noticeably different effects (Tan MDPV etc etc), and further more, there was certainly chinese S+ ketamine being sold as S+ ketamine as recently as 2007.

Please, if you know something I don't, I'd happily be corrected.

Same goes, I've been looking for a solid answer to this for years. Any evidence/speculation to the contrary is certainly welcomed. :)

I remember getting the r isomer years bk. It felt awesome . Finding that again is like the holy grail

Gentlemen, it's been a long time since I've haunted these parts. I bid you good tidings.

My understanding is that 99% of ketamine you come across is racemic. The only time you are sure you have R or S is if you have a vial labelled as such. Any powder you have is always racemic.

Yet there is a huge variation in ketamine sources - from the "Chinese" shard, to the fine crystals, to the "Indian" off-white psychedelic stuff. Has anyone ever got their K lab tested? I have accumulated a supply of small samples over the years and am aiming to get Energy Control to give me some definitive answers.

Current K situation in London - described as "old school Indian" (as opposed to shard/Chinese), which is great, but feels a lot more like MXE than K.

The 99% of ketamine being racemic definitely used to be true. All you seem to be able to get now is S ketamine. I suppose a big producer could be pumping S although it is odd as it is almost definitely produced clandestinely and it is an extra step to make. Although producers used to make d methamphetamine and it is only one extra step in a supposedly difficult synth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-bc7d54e7-88f6-4026-9faa-2a36d3359bb0

This is pretty interesting about the Chinese making ketamine

Last edited:
The 99% of ketamine being racemic definitely used to be true. All you seem to be able to get now is S ketamine. I suppose a big producer could be pumping S although it is odd as it is almost definitely produced clandestinely and it is an extra step to make. Although producers used to make d methamphetamine and it is only one extra step in a supposedly difficult synth.

Thanks I'll check out that article. When you say that S ket is all you can get, what are the subjective hallmarks of S ket for you, and how is that different to previous experiences with racemic?

Meth is a different beast entirely - the synthesis is much simpler.