• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Dance music guru Deadmau5 slams Madonna for 'promoting ecstasy' during Miami...

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Daily Mail

Dance music guru Deadmau5 slams Madonna for 'promoting ecstasy' during Miami performance

By Mike Larkin

PUBLISHED: 20:48, 26 March 2012 | UPDATED: 21:26, 26 March 2012
With reader comments

Madonna has been attacked by a dance music guru after she gave a shout out to the drug ecstasy at her most recent performance.

Deadmau5 was fuming after the 53-year-old singer asked the crowd how many of them had 'met molly' as she introduced Avicii at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami.

More...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...slams-Madonna-giving-shout-ecstasy-stage.html

Reader comment

I’m sure madge would be most impressed with someone pushing ecstasy on her daughters! , a stupid mindless statement from a parent, Deadmau5 is quite right in what he said 10/10, madge pleasssse go away!
- wake up , lar lar land , 27/3/2012 0:02

I think he's reacting to tacky commercialization, not to MDMA.

Only the Daily Mail mentions "promoting ecstasy" or "promoting drugs on stage". He doesn't, it seems. I didn't read his entire rant but it seems they misconstrued him.

which is popular among many hipster dance music fans.

wtf is hipster dance music?

And since when was Deadmau5 a 'dance music guru?' He's an attention whore hack with an overinflated opinion of himself.

typed deadmau5 into youtube. his music isn't that great. now we know why.

I laughed when I read "Dance Music Guru". Deadmau5 is okay, I wouldn't consider his music bad, but he certainly is no "Music Guru".

And since when was Deadmau5 a 'dance music guru?' He's an attention whore hack with an overinflated opinion of himself.

Yup.
IMO it wasn't a particularly profound thing of madonna to say, but it's very condescending of him to act like some silly comment she makes is going to dictate anyone's behavior, and even more so, that if that were true she should actively use that power to make people do what he thinks they should do. At what point are people responsible for their own actions?

All she was doing was making a slang reference to a substance that is, statistically, 100 times less likely to kill you if you use it regularly than alcohol. Most of the people there were probably on it and Deadmau5 looks like he's had enough of his fair share in his time too.

The reaction is to be expected - it's ecstasy. It makes holes in your brain, remember? A lot of people watch Oprah (not sure if she retired yet and too lazy to check).

The reaction is to be expected - it's ecstasy. It makes holes in your brain, remember? A lot of people watch Oprah (not sure if she retired yet and too lazy to check).

Oprah actually had an episode discussing the use of MDMA in psychological trauma therapy.

I was at another stage when this went down and strangely enough, didn't hear about it until I got back.

This is just her trying to get attention, she is just even more desperate this time around. I wish she hadn't said it but then again, deadmau5 is shit. They should both distance themselves from the scene.

I was under the impression that Molly is MDA not MDMA....

But it sounds cooler I guess to Call Molly Ecstasy(Mdma)

Good for her - perhaps it was her first time (although I somehow doubt that) and no one who's rolled their first time forgets. Obviously there are some exceptions such as already being quite fucked up on something or you had a bunk pill or you on medication such as an SSRI or hell, you just didn't like it. I'll never forget my first time.

I was under the impression that Molly is MDA not MDMA....

But it sounds cooler I guess to Call Molly Ecstasy(Mdma)

Not over here, molly is slang for powder or crystal Mdma, not in a pill form as far as i know..

Molly, another name for pure MDMA (also known as Ecstasy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly

When we used to get alot of mda in cap form we always referred to them as M's.

Originally Posted by Asyd420
she must have started rolling cuz her new album title is called MDNA
Either that or it's an attempt by someone well past their sell by date to try and still appear relevant/interesting

This whole episode sounds like it's a marketing ploy, and I guess it's somewhat working, it gets people hearing the name and chatting about it, good or bad. So it's media attention and free publicity.

Never really liked Deadmau5, first time I ever saw him was in england, manchester it was when he was really small it was only about a crowd of 200 or something, he got bottled off stage 2 hours in and started to ride round hid DJ booth on his bmx.. nice one