• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs U-47700 overdose? Scared

It's impossible to tell for sure while your nervous system is de-activated. Do you have Narcan laying around? Give yourself a shot of that and tell us if the sound comes back.

In my expirenice getting to a computer to write up a post in a forum asking if you od'd, means no you haven't

Don't be an idiot, he may have ODed and survived it. You don't know what happened when he was out.

I'll add there's the possibility he's in forced rehab. Let's hope this is the case

Quick summary and damage report:

OP ODed on a strong opioid and damaged his inner cochlea through oxygen depletion. The damage is permanent and requires a cochlear implant.

I've read into some things about Opioid related hearing loss, tinnitus, and the like.
Fairly common apparently, even though Hydrocodone/Apap is the only opioid that actually LISTS hearing loss as a potential adverse reaction, in the PDR.

This is a whole different ball park here though, and yeah, everybody pray that OP was forced into rehab......i'm about to GTFO BL, I hate to, but some of the desperation and/or recklessness seen on here is really getting pathetic. C'mon now folks have a little bit of self-respect, dignity, and the like.

It's harm reduction, not harm induction FFS.

Research chemicals haven't made it to the United States Pharmacopeia for a good reason, and that reason is NOT because , "they get you wayyyy more fucked up, brahhhh!", it's because their RISK-BENEFIT ratio is wayyyyy unbalanced....just like a good percentage of the world's population..
Which makes earth a scary fuckin place to live!!

IDK how fucked up the person in front of me on the interstate is on Xanax or Zoloft, or Zanaflex or God-only-knows what, so all I can do is Pray, and say fuck it.

OP ODed on a strong opioid and damaged his inner cochlea through oxygen depletion. The damage is permanent and requires a cochlear implant.
??? Did you get his actual current situation information? If you know what's going on with him is he hospitalised?

I'll close this thread for now as I feel this speculation and diagnose via internet (Ksa, you don't know him and you haven't seen him, so don't diagnose some shit..) isn't helpfull.

Shadow, if you read this PM me and I'll reopen the thread for you to post

Internet diagnosis of cochlear damaga via oxygen deprivation is complete and utter bullshit by someone who I can tell doesn't have a medical background just because they're posting the suggestion as a first-line dx.

I've shot "dope" (which, at the time, I assumed to be fentanyl; this is before U-47,700 became widely known, but was definitely not heroin) that caused tinnitus; it's also not an unknown (but fairly rare) side effects of opiates (among a shit-ton of other medications); it is something that happens, again, not even specific to opioids, but it is a known idiosyncratic reaction to (a) opioids and (b) over 9,000 other medical drugs; so it doesn't really mean anything, here or there, it's a pisa falsa, a red herring, as to whether there was an "overdose" or not; with the case of short acting opioids, I.V.'d, if the user is posting then they're very, very unlikely to die of an acute overdose; unconsciousness followed by death via respiratory depression follows rather rapidly after acute administration in that case. so speculation as to the fate of this user after this episode in particular is particularly unwarranted; as to what his ultimate fate may be if he keeps fucking around with shady Chinese drugs, who knows

Shadow hurry up and update us so we know if you're OK

I actually typed out a huge detailed message for you, but your inbox was full. I'm alive and well guys, I'm not dead nor was I forced into rehab. I'm just going to copy and paste the message I typed out for tacodude since it pretty much sums up everything that happened and the reason for my disappearance.

PM to tacodude:
shadowstryker said:
tacodude said:
No joke thought you were in rehab or dead

Don't feel obligated to read all this, I'm only being so detailed because you've tried to help me for so long and I've been an arrogant, stubborn, asshole who has ignored your attempts to help.

I'm really sorry man, I completely forgot about that thread. I disappeared for a good reason though. After messing around with U-47700, I went right back into shooting meth daily and often mixing the two despite it causing such unusual side-effects that were completely foreign to me. It wasn't long before this led to a major meltdown/freak-out; you know the stereotypical meth story, I thought that there were bugs in my hair, that my pet was dying, and a that a snake had come into my house and bitten me resulting in me being ill for a week (in reality I had passed out on top of a syringe causing the "snake bite" wound which was caught on video, and likely just had a cold). I threw out the rest of my meth because it was causing far too many mental problems for me and had caused me to lose an unhealthy amount of weight. I used the rest of the U-47700 because as much as I hated knowing that I had no clue what it was doing to my body after the deaf-effect, the addict in me couldn't help but use it all.

Unfortunately the side effects from the U-47700 only got worse for me. I became too lax the drug and my doses often led to me passing out for an hour or two immediately after doing the shot with no memory of it ever even happening; it took me days to realize it was occurring. Every time I would awake from the mini-coma U-47700 induced I would always be completely deaf for at least an hour or two, to the point that I couldn't hear my T.V. even if it was on full-blast. My re-entry into my addictions caused me to fall back on my job, I started to care less and less about my body, personal hygiene, and socializing. Basically I ended up stocked up on so many drugs (a couple grams of meth, heroin, etizolam, a synth cannabinoid, and the U-47700 all at once, and after all that another friend also gave me his heroin stash for free) that my life was quite literally slipping downhill extremely quickly.

After all that going down, especially the meth freak-out, I realized what I was doing to myself and decided I needed to change. I broke up with my (ex?) girlfriend who started doing benzos daily again and wanted to start-up doing heroin with me, I started going to parties every night and socializing as much as possible to keep me occupied, I made myself a new friend group that is now extremely tight and supports me in staying clean instead of glorifying past highs, I've started working out again and gained 20lbs back, shaved/cleaned myself up, now look pretty good and picked up two jobs, I've been accepted into a college that I've had my eye on for a while. I've been trying to get my life back on track. My family actually noticed today (!) and commented on how "it's almost like [they] finally have the old [me] back". I haven't been on this forum in a while because I haven't been messing with drugs at all up until recently. Only came back because I picked up some coke for the nostalgia and to see what IV'ing it is like and needed some safety info, but luckily I've never really found coke to be very addictive.

TL;DR:
My apologies my dude, didn't mean to make anyone worry. Not dead, not in rehab, but definitely better. I'll check out that thread I made in a bit and update them with a shorter version of what I told you. Thanks for sticking around and trying to help me man.

Last edited:

Don't be ridiculous dude, that's not something you can just diagnose over the internet like that. I didn't suffer any permanent brain damage, my inner cochlea suffered no injury, my hearing is perfectly fine and returned to normal every time that happened given a little time (usually no more than an hour or two after waking up), and I definitely don't have an implant. You possibly made a lot of people needlessly worry.

Jesus shadow, I'm so glad that you're alive and clean!
Good to hear you're okay!

Thanks guys. I don't consider myself clean because of the whole cocaine thing I've got going on, but then again that won't be a sustained addiction as it isn't necessarily my vice if you catch my drift. Really the only reason for cleaning myself up was because I, for once in my life, was actually scared. And it takes a lot to scare me. But recently, hearing my mother tell me it was like I was my old self again before I'd ever tried opiates, really hit me. I was offered some heroin the other day and actually managed to turn it down! I have no doubt I'll relapse not long in the future, as I never cease to do, but for now I've got my chin up.

Thanks guys. I don't consider myself clean because of the whole cocaine thing I've got going on, but then again that won't be a sustained addiction as it isn't necessarily my vice if you catch my drift. Really the only reason for cleaning myself up was because I, for once in my life, was actually scared. And it takes a lot to scare me. But recently, hearing my mother tell me it was like I was my old self again before I'd ever tried opiates, really hit me. I was offered some heroin the other day and actually managed to turn it down! I have no doubt I'll relapse not long in the future, as I never cease to do, but for now I've got my chin up.

Before you started using heroin we all jumped up and down and tried like hell to talk you out of it. Basically every step of the way you have pushed forward with using drugs as fast and hard as you could. My point is you are extremely stubborn and you have also seen EVERYTHING drugs have to offer.

If you turned that stubbornness towards staying clean I truly believe you could do it. No need to believe that you WILL relapse. Start believing that you WONT.

Dude you have no clue how close you are to dying. I never ever thought in a million years drugs would kill me until last June. I did some dope that turned out to be a pure fentanyl analogue and it straight up killed me. If it hadn't been for a random old lady calling 911 and paramedics doing Narcan and CPR I would be dead. You might be doing a lot better now, but the fact that you're doing coke and saying it's no big deal says everything about where your addict brain is taking you and telling you you'll never die. I'm sorry for preeching to someone I don't even know but if it helps you can think I'm a dick all you want. I haven't used anything but Suboxone in the last 7 months and still don't consider myself clean and out of the woods. As an addict, you're never actually in the clear. I'm sure you know that.

Glad you're here. I'd recommend not to use the coke. I find myself unable to stop compulsively using even with plans to just to do one shot to enjoy before wearing me or and sleeping only to end up shooting every twenty minutes only to stop after throwing up because I want to sleep causing me a few times to end up at work with no sleep. Every time I used I wanted to less and less to the point I have over a gram now that every time I think of using my stomach turns and I just leave it there.

It's nothing special don't ruin this streak just for a rush. Just smoke weed if anything.