• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tylenol 1’s codeine and caffeine for withdrawal

I was popping 7-8 Percocet at once without taking the Tylenol out. I’m done with the nonsense. My solution was kinda cloudy but not too bad. Did a lot of research.... filtered 3times. It seems to have worked.

Ouch.
Do not pop that much without taking the Tylenol out again. Man, I had liver failure due to Tylenol poisoning and I tell you what, I don’t ever want anyone else to experience that.
The charcoal may work for the caffeine. I would look at that more.

You seem to be on the right track! Good job!
slow and steady.
you got this.

Ouch.
Do not pop that much without taking the Tylenol out again. Man, I had liver failure due to Tylenol poisoning and I tell you what, I don’t ever want anyone else to experience that.
The charcoal may work for the caffeine. I would look at that more.

You seem to be on the right track! Good job!
slow and steady.
you got this.
Thanks for the support :) much needed right now!!!

You are welcome. No problem. Glad I was here to help.

Making a watered down solution that I could take just a little bit of for when that wave of symptoms comes or you just feel like you are going to freak out, helped me a lot. It made me feel secure that if things got too bad that I could back it off quickly.
I just kept making it more and more watered down over time. Then just didn’t need it anymore.

I think tapering down slowly is the key to not going through the Post Syndrome.
It gives your brain time to adjust and start kicking out those chemicals again naturally.
Then it isn’t such a shock to your system and a traumatic event.
Like cold turkey is.

You are doing just fine.
You could add a little loperamide (Imodium) in if you need to.
That stuff helps me a lot when in withdrawal.

Be well!
❤️

Good for you on quitting you have a great attitude and don't want a high so you will be just fine. Just do what you're doing and take as little as spread apart as you can just to feel a bit comfortable. Weaning off a few 8mg codeine will be no problem with your attitude

You are welcome. No problem. Glad I was here to help.

Making a watered down solution that I could take just a little bit of for when that wave of symptoms comes or you just feel like you are going to freak out, helped me a lot. It made me feel secure that if things got too bad that I could back it off quickly.
I just kept making it more and more watered down over time. Then just didn’t need it anymore.

I think tapering down slowly is the key to not going through the Post Syndrome.
It gives your brain time to adjust and start kicking out those chemicals again naturally.
Then it isn’t such a shock to your system and a traumatic event.
Like cold turkey is.

You are doing just fine.
You could add a little loperamide (Imodium) in if you need to.
That stuff helps me a lot when in withdrawal.

Be well!
I don’t have any intestinal symptoms but do they help for everything else??

Good for you on quitting you have a great attitude and don't want a high so you will be just fine. Just do what you're doing and take as little as spread apart as you can just to feel a bit comfortable. Weaning off a few 8mg codeine will be no problem with your attitude
🖤🖤 thanks for the support. :)

I don’t have any intestinal symptoms but do they help for everything else??

yes. Surprisingly they do help with a lot of the other symptoms also.
I have run out of my MS Contin prescription a few days early over the years and I can substitute about 20-25 mg of loperamide for 60-75 mg MS Contin and not be completely sick.

There is a loperamide Mega thread on here that may be helpful to you.
Some people have weaned off other opiates by using loperamide.
Just be careful not to use the Loperamide for too long or too much of it.
It has a bad withdrawal of its own that is long.

I don’t know if I would use them if you don’t have intenstinal symptoms though.
It may cause bad constipation and you want to get toxins out.
Loperamide can cause heart problems if taken in too high of dosage also, but some people take hundreds of mg‘s a day for years.
Those are the ones that seem to get the heart problems.

Here is a link to the Loperamide Mega thread.

Here is a link to the Loperamide Mega thread.

thanks so much!!! Most of withdrawal gone today! I didn’t even have to take the T1 mixture. thank god cause that caffeine....was killin meeeee!!! lol

thanks so much!!! Most of withdrawal gone today! I didn’t even have to take the T1 mixture. thank god cause that caffeine....was killin meeeee!!! lol
Lopermide can cause addiction, which is worse than codeine use it very very sparingly you dont want a lope habit

Lopermide can cause addiction, which is worse than codeine use it very very sparingly you dont want a lope habit

That is very true!
Never pick up a lope habit.

If he was still suffering it could have eased it down for a few days though.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!
YAY!

In my experience these are GARBAGE for withdrawal, there is literally more caffeine than codeine in these, by a factor of 2... if you eat 100mg of codeine then that's a full, extra strength 200mg caffeine pill along for the ride whether you like it or not. If you try something like 300mg codeine in an attempt to sleep... enjoy your caffeine OD buddy!

CWE does not seperate caffeine out, nor can you "filter it out" with charcoal or paper towel or whatever. Charcoal is actually very nonselective and will bind and remove the codeine before it removes the caffeine. Caffeine is VERY soluble in water, both cold and hot, and can only really be removed by using solvent extraction. If you want to go that far then I believe I posted a long process on how to get pure codeine freebase out of the T1s, but disclaimer: you need more specialized equipment than what your grandma's kitchen would have.

Stick to loperamide, it's shitty as an opioid too but at least it won't fry your nerves.