Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Twin Peaks

I watched them all might start at the beginning again… (Y)

Qk6TVob.gif

“Diane, 11:30 AM, February 24th. Entering the town of Twin Peaks. It’s 5 miles south of the Canadian border, 12 miles west of the state line. Never seen so many trees in my life. As W.C. Fields would say, ‘I’d rather be here than Philadelphia.’”

It took me a minute to realize the FBI agent also plays the mayor in Portlandia. I'm a couple episodes into season two and I love it.

He's also the lead in David Lynch's Blue Velvet.
Watch that, if you haven't already, after you finish with Twin Peaks.

Twin Peaks, one of my all time fav TV shows

Wild at heart, one of my all time favorite movies and the best fight scene ever! Another Lynch movie and Nick Cage's best movie in my book!

Wild at Heart is fantastic.

Nick Cage's best movie in my book

1. Adaptation (Spike Jonze / Charlie Kaufman)
2. Wild at Heart (David Lynch)
3. Leaving Las Vegas
4. Raising Arizona (The Coen Brothers)
5. Bringing out the Dead (Martin Scorsese)

(My book... Cage is great when he is written/directed properly, and awful when he isn't.)

Last edited:
^good list, except wild at heart (which i never really loved)

anyways, i got my twin peaks blu ray set for my birthday and am going through it again. jeez the new surround sound mix is beautiful. the score makes me melt.

nice packaging with a hidden message in it.

Qk6TVob.gif

“Diane, 11:30 AM, February 24th. Entering the town of Twin Peaks. It’s 5 miles south of the Canadian border, 12 miles west of the state line. Never seen so many trees in my life. As W.C. Fields would say, ‘I’d rather be here than Philadelphia.’”
If I recall correctly from interviews, Lynch had many "dark nights of the soul" in Philly. He implied that the bleak industrial landscape inspired the aesthetic plunges he went on to take in Eraserhead.

yea i recall hearing him mention something about the city of brotherly love once in an interview as well. did a quick search and found these ...
"I had my first thrilling thought in Philadelphia."
"...when I was there it was a very sick, twisted, violent, fear-ridden, decadent, decaying place."

"Philadelphia, more than any filmmaker, influenced me. It's the sickest, most corrupt, decaying, fear-ridden city imaginable. I was very poor and living in bad areas. I felt like I was constantly in danger. But it was so fantastic at the same time."

"It all started for me in Philadelphia because it's old enough, and it's got enough things in the air to really work on itself. It's decaying but it's fantastically beautiful, filled with violence, hate and filth."

"The house I moved into was across the street from the morgue, next door to Pop's Diner. The area had a great mood - factories, smoke, railroads, diners, the strangest characters, the darkest nights. The people had stories etched in their faces, and I saw vivid images-plastic curtains held together with Band-Aids, rags stuffed in broken windows, walking through the morgue en-route to a hamburger joint."

"We lived cheap, but the city was full of fear. A kid was shot to death down the street, and the chalk marks around where he'd lain stayed on the sidewalk for five days. We were robbed twice, had windows shot out and a car stolen."

"I lived at 13th and Wood, right kitty-corner from the morgue; That's real industrial. At 5:00 there's nobody in that neighborhood. No one lives there. And I really do like that. It's beautiful , if you see it the right way."

"Yes, [Philadelphia is] horrible, but in a very interesting way. There were places there that had been allowed to decay, where there was so much fear and crime that just for a moment there was an opening to another world. It was fear, but it was so strong, and so magical, like a magnet, that your imagination was always sparking in Philadelphia...I just have to think of Philadelphia now, and I get ideas, I hear the wind, and I'm off into the darkness somewhere."

I tried watching this show about a year ago. I watched six or seven episodes and just stopped. I couldn't get into it but the show has such a huge cult following that I can not help but feel as though I am missing out on something really important. I will have to revisit again soonmaybe I will get it this time.

This sort of shit pisses me of...

I mean, how much is Lynch worth?
Sixty million dollars?

The same thing happened with Carnivale... The show was never cancelled, they just didn't offer the creator enough money to do it "the way he felt it needed to be done"... He was offered a $2 million budget for each episode, post season 2, and he turned it down...

I feel like the creator of Carnivale had a responsibility to his fans to finish the series... and Lynch should finish Twin Peaks, since he's already said that he's doing it... Either that, or he shouldn't say he's doing something until he's absolutely certain that he's fucking doing it...

God damn it.
Why can't he just do it, with the budget available?

At least all 9 episodes were written by Lynch / Frost...
I'd be happy (enough) if Frost was directing instead.

Last edited:
I hope this is just how Lynch negotiates. It's written, the pre-production story has had a high profile, and he's not getting younger. There is no Twin Peaks without him. The only thing I can imagine actually motivating him to withdraw is a serious lack of confidence in the script.

There is no Twin Peaks without him.

He didn't direct most of the original episodes... (6 out of 30)

The only thing I can imagine actually motivating him to withdraw is a serious lack of confidence in the script.

I think, maybe, he's scared.
It's been a long time since he's directed anything mainstream.
At least, this way, he can stand back and say: "I told them this would happen".

Last edited:
That's true, but the difference is a final season with his directorial involvement or not, and what that means to fans and everyone involved in production. The episodes that were directed by others in seasons 1 and 2 were clearly taking cues from the ones that weren't.