Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Twin Peaks

Yeah, that's why I said I'd be happy if Frost directed...
(Or if they got back some of the other, original, TP directors.)

Like you, I hope that it's just a negotiating strategy... But, honestly, I seriously doubt it.
Showtime hasn't ruled out the idea of Lynch directing.
But, by all accounts, he's acting like a douche-bag.

If the whole show gets scrapped because of Lynch, I'm going to be seriously pissed off.
It's not fair to Frost (who co-wrote 9 episodes) or McLachlan (who's already been cast)...
And, it's not fair to the fans.

Yay! I really look forward to this. Watched all of Twin Peaks long ago. I was just checking out some of Lynch's earlier films last night… before Eraserhead.

Lynch is a surrealist. To say that Arrested Development has a higher concentration of layered meanings, is a misunderstanding of genres. Twin Peaks is surreal. Arrested Development is absurd. As far as Twin Peaks becoming a parody of itself in certain episodes, that was Lynch's intent. The simple fact that he worked a soap opera (Invitation To Love) into the show is in many ways a hearkening to Shakespeare when the Bard asks us to hold a mirror to nature.
I believe Twin Peaks to be the best television show.
Don't get me wrong: I love Arrested Development, but it's like comparing apples and oranges.
To make presumptive stabs at whether audiences are more cynical or not, these days, is futile.
I can't wait for the new Twin Peaks! And I wish there was more discussion about it now.

That's true, but the difference is a final season with his directorial involvement or not, and what that means to fans and everyone involved in production. The episodes that were directed by others in seasons 1 and 2 were clearly taking cues from the ones that weren't.

fuck, the reboot is happing, finishing shooting and you ain't here to see it. man that fucking sucks.

i joked about living long enough to see true detective season 1. scary, cause shit ain't a joke.

i was just thinking about homie while chillin just now. you added so much to this place. rip :( <3

I came here just to say, I loved Twin Peaks. It's an amazing show, easily the best television show of all time! Just picked up 'Fire, Walk with Me' from the library bookstore for 3 bucks, gonna give it a watch after I re-watch the series.

Kyle MacLachlan was also in 'Dune' by the way, but I wouldn't be surprised if no one has seen it. It was probably Lynch's biggest disappointment from what I've gathered. I liked it alright, but I like most sci-fi.

Last edited:
Man I love Twin Peaks. I'd get all cozy on a nod and watch for hours...blue velvet, eraserhead, and mulholland drive are all great too. He went to the same school I go to and had an exhibition there (PAFA in Philadelphia).

I can't wait. I don't know hardly anything about it other than the cast. Hope it's as good as the first two seasons.

Wild at Heart is fantastic.

1. Adaptation (Spike Jonze / Charlie Kaufman)
2. Wild at Heart (David Lynch)
3. Leaving Las Vegas
4. Raising Arizona (The Coen Brothers)
5. Bringing out the Dead (Martin Scorsese)

(My book... Cage is great when he is written/directed properly, and awful when he isn't.)

Indeed.