• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

TV shows you should never watch high

Never, EVER watch the News when high unless you want to come crashing back into reality.:(

You should not watch, Rose ann or any American tv series of this ilk while tripping.

The insiserity of the acting and bright studio lighting was almost chilling and scary.

Very weird indeed

EvMan717 said:
Me and my friend were tripping and baked as hell and started watching one of those QVC channels that sells shit. These guys were selling knives and they were so into it, all we could do was crack the fuck up. We couldn't stop saying "knives" in a country accent like the guy was. sounds stupid as hell but if you were there you would've been laughing your ass off.

the man qvc, thats what i call it. they sell all sorts of manly things- knives, sports stuff etc. but... they sell beanie babies. its hilarious to hear a redneck raspy voiced guy try to sell beanie babies.

as for what not to watch....

human traffic! a friend and i watched that for the first time super stoned. we couldnt understand them because of their accents, at all. we werent sure if the movie was a joke or not!
also
theres this random show we'd get real late at night with some guy who was, erm, mentally handicapped? and he would have one of those things that you press on to make it say what you want to say. so he'd just be there making noises pressing on the thing. really hard to follow what hes saying even while sober. so i put that on once when my friend and i were stoned, and i passed out. she was too stoned to get up and change the channel. poor girl.

michael said:
i watch the same stuff high i do when i'm sober. there's just certain hours of the day there's nothing good on.

(my personal favorite show to watch stoned is the mclaughlin group. no, i'm not kidding)

i shit you not, when i'm high, i watch MSNBC and Fox News or listen to NPR. there's just something mildly soothing about the monotone human voice.
As a matter of fact, a good friend of mine and myself are planning on getting all blazed and watching cartoons and old shit from Nickelodeon in the 80s. Should be good times.

tv shows: any of those surgery shows are horrible. when i'm fucked up, i do not want to watch the slicing and probing of human flesh. the absolute WORST of these shows are the surgeries where they're separating siamese twins. i am completely grossed out by siamese twins when sober, and watching doctors try to divide a spine between two connected babies while high is just plain wrong.

movies: a beautiful mind. i don't think this movie was really meant to be scary, but it really freaked me out. i watched it while on foxy, so i was hallucinating as i watched the main character hallucinate. it was deeply disturbing.

8o

CNN on psychedelics is something horrible, especially during wartime :(

It's like: "Today we'll be talking about horrible death from all angles. Coming up after this discussion is a documentary and torture, followed by news about death and mutilation and bad bad bad BAD things happening to innocent poor people with no means of escaping it, ALL AROUND THE WORLD! But first, weather. There is a Tornado ravaging the impoverished Islands of...."

etc. etc.

--- G.

Last edited:
chrissie said:

as for what not to watch....

human traffic! a friend and i watched that for the first time super stoned. we couldnt understand them because of their accents, at all. we werent sure if the movie was a joke or not!
Pathetic, there not even hard accents in Human Traffic :)

I can see how americans had trouble,
[fat bastard from austin powers accent]
wid' de' ole Train Spottin', evan Iee find 't hhhard to understan' thee scots
[/fat bastard accent]

America's Funniest Home Videos. All you can do is sit there and wonder why these fucking idiots are laughing at the stupidest shit you've ever seen.

@lterEgo said:
tv shows: any of those surgery shows are horrible. when i'm fucked up, i do not want to watch the slicing and probing of human flesh.

8o

That is so fucking weird...I was just about to post that (my first post btw). NOTHING freaks me out more than stumbling onto a surgery show when I'm totally fried..

"Also, I'd have to advise against watching any 2 a.m. showing of Charles in Charge while taking 2c-t-7 for your first time. It's a little too surreal. Go outside. Enjoy nature. Anything but 1980s sitcoms. "

OMFG..LOL!!!! To picture Scott Baio rolling onto the screen while intense patterning is hitting you, don't know how I would react to this..There are many answers in this thread that are to fucking funny lol..

Has anyone seen "The Juiceman's" juicer infomericals on late? That guy with the creepy eyebrows who is absolutely OBSESSED with fruits and vegetables..keeps throwing stuff in his juicer..He's like 76 and bustling around like a madman..I couldn't decipher whether he was even real or not there for awhile..He seemed like a infomercial hawker assembled from bad 50's game show hosts, vampires, and wheatgrass..

actually i watched Human Traffic while tripping the other nite, wasn't too bad, the accents aren't as hard to understand as some other movies ive seen. The comedown parts near the end are kinda hard to take tho : /

I would advise against watchin the X-Files when your stoned or tripping or whatever. They can be very scary when your stoned, bring on the paras and everything!

Also, do not watch Dirty Sanchez whilst stoned, you'll be wincing so much you'll forget to breathe and you will die...

The last one makes me sound like a nutter, but someone got excited by American Psycho, so I guess its OK. Vampire films. They can be very, very erotic. Especially the new ones, cos the vampire will grab some bird and start mucnhing on her neck, and at first shes in pain. Then she starts enjoying it! WTF?! Plus its not only the neck. I saw one where the vamp goes down on the bird and she is lovin it! Thats what you call munching on her kebab! Mwahahaha! Anyway, it kinder freaks you out cos your getting turned on by vampires, and when you realise you think your a psycho and you feel really bad, lol...

P.S. I agree with whoever posted about info-mercials. DO NOT WATCH THE STEAM BULLET INFOMERCIAL EVER - STONED OR SOBER!

Ez ppl

GreenFingaz said:
. Especially the new ones, cos the vampire will grab some bird and start mucnhing on her neck, and at first shes in pain. Then she starts enjoying it! WTF?! Plus its not only the neck. I saw one where the vamp goes down on the bird and she is lovin it! Thats what you call munching on her kebab! Mwahahaha! Anyway, it kinder freaks you out cos your getting turned on by vampires, and when you realise you think your a psycho and you feel really bad, lol...

holy shit...

CSI: they are always dissecting a body or two. Another thing I hate is seeing a show high that I have never seen before. I need to have a pre-established context for the program, otherwise it drives me crazy.

Johny Boy said:
Pathetic, there not even hard accents in Human Traffic :)

I can see how americans had trouble,
[fat bastard from austin powers accent]
wid' de' ole Train Spottin', evan Iee find 't hhhard to understan' thee scots
[/fat bastard accent]

i know theyre not that strong... but when youre stoned off your ass, its not so easy to understand.

Crimson Cloud said:
Never, and I mean NEVER watch that infomercial for that rotisserie thing where they keep saying "Set it, and FORGET IT!" while you're tripping.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen to this guy! Dont watch that shit

Band of Brothers, or any other war movie for that matter, while on mushrooms. The absolute stupidity and horror of war, not to mention the scenes where they're being shelled and people are blowing up....just a bad idea all around.