Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: obscure television from the 80's and 90's

^lmao, dude i used to love that show...his dumb son ajax was funny as hell...i might have to get on tpb and DL a few episodes..

does anyone remember that old nickelodeon show raiders of the hidden temple or something like that...i saw it the other day, took me back lol

poopie said:
square one televison i think it was on pbs. "math man! math man!"

200px-Mathnet.jpg

MATHNET!!!

supertrav77 said:
The Heights (drama about a struggling band)

Yes! The show that also spawned one of the worst songs of the entire decade, namely "How Do You Talk To An Angel?"

As for atlas, I, too, remember "Mantis." Don't remember much else about it, except that it's premise was pretty cool, and yet it just wasn't very good.

Anyone remember "Sledgehammer?" The one where main character's tag line was "Trust me, I know what I'm doing." In the promos, he would say this right before firing his gun at the camera in a Bond rip-off. I remember really getting a kick out of this show when I was a kid.

poopie said:
my mom used to be obsessed with this show called "beauty and the beast".
I remember that!

He used to live in a sewer entance in Central Park. :D

23520~Beauty-And-The-Beast-Posters.jpg

On the plus side... Linda Hamilton was in it!

silverwheel said:
Anyone remember "Sledgehammer?" The one where main character's tag line was "Trust me, I know what I'm doing." In the promos, he would say this right before firing his gun at the camera in a Bond rip-off. I remember really getting a kick out of this show when I was a kid.

Thanks for reminding me of this show. I used to love it. Just added it to my Netflix queue

tambourine-man said:
I remember that!

He used to live in a sewer entance in Central Park. :D

23520~Beauty-And-The-Beast-Posters.jpg

On the plus side... Linda Hamilton was in it!

LOL!

Me and my mum used to watch that when I was a kid. She would always be in tears by the end of it.

Linda Hamilton rules :D

One of my favourite quotes of hers was always:

"There's 215 bones in the human body. That's one." %)

I use to sleep over at a girlfriend's house every Friday night and we'd always watch "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction." It came out in 97 and you had to guess wither the stories were legit or made up. I don't think this is too obscure but no one ever seems to talk about it. Maybe because it's shitty TV? ;)

Ouh, look what I found.
The first episode.

Last edited:
i thought beauty and the beast was pretty lame, my step mom and sis watched it quite a bit too. did you know linda hamilton has a twin sis?

coach was a pretty good forgotten sitcom from the early 90s

okay... what was the show ... it was a british import. it usually came on after YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION and TOMORROW PEOPLE on Nickelodeon...

it was supposed to be a series of mini-serials. after the end of one series, another would start. i remember they did two and then dropped the series. but the one i remember was that three kids were trying to help an old wizard in a cave and they kept going back in time... and the wizard's name was Rothgo... and they would say it three times once they had an item they were looking for and be thrown thru a magical time warp into the next time era...

there was some evil sorceress chick that they were fighting, too.

anyone...?

anyone...?

Bueller?

How about Square Pegs..? i looked it up.. and it was 82-83..

oh, and if anyone remembers this:

logo.jpg

your Geritol is on order.

;)

hee hee! yes mathnet!

thank you ATLAS!!!

and yes, my mother loved "beauty and the beast".

than again, my mother lives and dies by the bbc now, too. =) oh...and xena...

fasteddie said:
With a pre-"Friends" Courtney Cox.

I thought it was hilarious. "it's those Misfits, misfits of SCIENCE...those crazy, whacky, scientific guys..."

misfits.jpg

I love this one.

physix said:
okay... what was the show ... it was a british import. it usually came on after YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION and TOMORROW PEOPLE on Nickelodeon...

it was supposed to be a series of mini-serials. after the end of one series, another would start. i remember they did two and then dropped the series. but the one i remember was that three kids were trying to help an old wizard in a cave and they kept going back in time... and the wizard's name was Rothgo... and they would say it three times once they had an item they were looking for and be thrown thru a magical time warp into the next time era...

there was some evil sorceress chick that they were fighting, too.

anyone...?

anyone...?

Bueller?
The particular story you are asking about was called "The Labyrinth". The middle-aged man was a sorcerer called Rothgo. He was trapped in the cave because an evil sorceress had stolen the source of his power, a magical artifact called "The Nidus". The kids use the labyrinth - and what little power Rothgo still has left - to travel through time to recover the Nidus and restore Rothgo's powers before the sorceress can claim it for herself. And the evil chick's name was Belor.

AWESOME!!! thanks!! do you remember the TV series it was a part of?

I can probably find it now that I know the title of that particular show.

:thumbs: