⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: obscure television from the 80's and 90's

Re Infernal:
Mad props about mentioning "Spartacus"...that was one weird-ass show.

Speaking of Nick, anyone remember "Out of Control" or "Turkey TV"?

<<Cop Rock (actually very famous in its day because of how bad it was)>>

You forgot "Fish Police", and that's just not right. ;)

Anyone remember "The Maxx" or "The Head"?

Last edited:
Infernal said:
Nickelodeon shows... Spartacus, El Dorado, Today's Special, and Pinwheel?
Old Cartoons... HR Puffn'stuff, Sigmund the Seamonster, Gigantor?

Shall I go on?

you could've given "hey dude" some love.... pshh

hte head was an aweomse show...the dude with the giant head, then there was his group of friends. one of the guys had a lawn mower blade stuck in his head. lol

the maxx was a weird cartoon on MTV for a while. it was from a comic book, i dont remember much about the sho=w

Belisarius said:
Re Infernal:

Speaking of Nick, anyone remember "Out of Control" or "Turkey TV"?

with dizzy and dave couller with his cut - it - out hand moves?
yeah...

fruitfly said:
Speaking of Parker Lewis ... if anyone remembers I Know My First Name Is Steven, points go to you. If anyone can connect that movie with the Yosemite Killer, even more points and maybe a cookie. =D

steven and cary stayner.

no, i did not need to use google.

the name he was known as while kidnapped was dennis parnell. i had totally forgotten corin nemec played him in the miniseries.

and for christ sakes, parker lewis can't lose is hardly obscure.

Tour of Duty. Vietnam war TV show with an amazing soundtrack in the late 80s.

Spazzzz? said:
Tour of Duty. Vietnam war TV show with an amazing soundtrack in the late 80s.

I remember that show.
With the exception of Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter, Vietnam was a pretty taboo subject in Hollywood for about a decade,
Then, in the mid to late 80's there was a huge Vietnam craze with Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Good Morning Vietnam, and a slew of others all coming out with a couple years of each other. Rambo even went back to Vietnam to get a little revenge.
Then TV jumped in with Tour Of Duty. There was another Vietnam-themed TV show called China Beach that came out at the same time.

Remember Tour of Duty and China Beach, though I never watched either (my folks wouldn't let me ;) ).

anyone remember seabert, a cartoon about a baby seal on hbo in the late 80s? i used to love that show.

dbailey11 said:
Red Dwarf- hilarious.... is obscure in the U.S.
great show. i remember watching this on PBS when i was younger. this and dr who were big faves.

Tour of Duty is still my favorite TV show of all time. Luckily my parents would tape every episode, so even though I was really young when the show aired I still know every episode by name. China Beach had a lot less actual combat in it, which was what made me love Tour of Duty so much as a little kid.

Zeke, Baker, Ruiez, etc. such good characters.

P.S. Does anyone remember the episode about the underground tunnels that the Vietnamese would travel around in? That episode really stuck in my head even YEARS after seeing it.

Anyone remember Brain Games? I think it was on HBO... for kids. I really enjoyed figuring out those puzzles.

AmorRoark said:
Anyone remember Brain Games? I think it was on HBO... for kids. I really enjoyed figuring out those puzzles.

I remember Brain Games. Good show.
How about Not Necessarily The News? Not too obscure because sniglets became a minor pop culture phenomenon. But everything else about the show is forgotten.

FaerieTaleTheater_2Tales2D.jpg

I absolutely loved this as a kid.

I'm definitely from the wrong side of the pond to recognise 99% of these.

How about 'The Equalizer' with Edward Woodward? I was only 6 or 7 when this was aired and the intro convinced me that NYC was the mostly dangerous place on earth, EVER.

Ten years later, we have 'My So Called Life' aKa the best thing claire danes ever did.

the head was a cool obscure mtv cartoon
Mysteries from Beyond the Other Dominion Hosted by Franklin Ruehl

square one televison i think it was on pbs. "math man! math man!"

i LOVED most of those shows on nickelodeon, and oh my god, my whole family would sit down and watch "parker lewis can't lose".

does anyone remember the show "ferris bueller's day off"? it was short-lived and not good.

my mom used to be obsessed with this show called "beauty and the beast".

i'm tapped out for now, though.

"The Electric Company" was a show that used to come on right after Seasame Street. It was slightly more advanced learning than SS.