• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: I Hate Everybody Loves Raymond

coldasice

Bluelighter
How can Everybody Love Raymond so much when I hate that show from the bottom of my heart? :X
That is so so poorly scripted a five year old could do better and produce a more original script. It's ovious from about the first 10 minutes what's going to happen during the entire episode, plus Raymond treats his wife life shit. :X
She should leave him and his nitpicking mother and find someone better. :)

And for God sake, whothat old and still relying on everything their mommy tells them to do?8(

Plus his brother's voice irritates the hell out of me. If there is ABSOLUTELY nothing on, and I mean absolutely nothing, not even Norwegian curling or whatever - I find the most bearable way to watch it is on mute so you can make up your own script which is easily twice as funny, cuts out the canned laughter and the need for Raymond's mom's shrill voice. :D

I'm sure I'm going to get loads of comments back to this saying how the show is comedy genius blah blah blah, and that's fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but frankly, not everyone can love Raymond, cuz I hate him. :!

Last edited:
Poor Man's Seinfeld.

Which is saying something.

I know I'm in the minority about Seinfeld, but imo, time will tell - I seriously doubt that people will be raving about its reruns in 30 years the same way people still rave about watching the best Taxi and All In The Family and Honeymooners episodes decades after the fact.

Seinfeld happened at the rest place at the right time.

The other shows I mentioned, on the other hand, imo, are timeless.

^ That's funny, all the "critics" have raved about Seinfeld. Not taking their opinions into account when it doesn't agree with yours?

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Everybody Loves Raymond.

.........Really fuckin' rattles my cage. Raymond and his wife......Pathetic. I picked a fight with another inmate while I was in county jail over "what we were going to watch". It really grinds my gears when Raymonds wife says some shit like " in psychology we......"

i too have always been annoyed at what a crap father and husband he is. and also agree that the brother is horrible, but the gramps is what makes the show worth it. i can watch it and be amused.

rip peter boyle

the worst family sitcom i have seen has to be according to jim. so. bad. and i am easily amused

Last edited:
The reason why it was so popular is because most people are morons!--Most people classify all the thousands of different chemicals we use as just DRUGS=BAD.

I friggin hate Raymond too!

How can Everybody Love Raymond so much when I hate that show from the bottom of my heart? :X
That is so so poorly scripted a five year old could do better and produce a more original script. It's ovious from about the first 10 minutes what's going to happen during the entire episode, plus Raymond treats his wife life shit. :X
She should leave him and his nitpicking mother and find someone better. :)

And for God sake, whothat old and still relying on everything their mommy tells them to do?8(

Plus his brother's voice irritates the hell out of me. If there is ABSOLUTELY nothing on, and I mean absolutely nothing, not even Norwegian curling or whatever - I find the most bearable way to watch it is on mute so you can make up your own script which is easily twice as funny, cuts out the canned laughter and the need for Raymond's mom's shrill voice. :D

I'm sure I'm going to get loads of comments back to this saying how the show is comedy genius blah blah blah, and that's fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but frankly, not everyone can love Raymond, cuz I hate him. :!

I like the way you think. Also, you are dead on about Everybody loves friggin' Raymond! That guy was the highest paid tv actor too...! It speaks volumes about modern day acting quality, huh? Rediculous!

^ That's funny, all the "critics" have raved about Seinfeld.

Not taking their opinions into account when it doesn't agree with yours?

For the umteenth time, Sir, YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT!

Critics are NOT the best arbiters of what is the best art.

The people who *CREATE* the fucking art are.

And the people who create the fucking art awarded the "Best Comedy" on TV Emmy to Frasier over Seinfeld year after year after year after year after year.

You can look it up.

I'm sure you have some sort of talent, Max.

Why don't you put more of your energies into becoming great at what you love instead of trying your darndest to pretend you know the first thing about what it takes to CREATE fucking comedy?

Is this the part where I tell him I'm a comedian too guys?

Not yet?

Cool.

Is this the part where I tell him I'm a comedian too guys?

Not yet?

Cool.
That was actually rather funny.

Have you burned through all of your "Dial Down The Center" money yet?

Sturgeon's Law applies firmly to all the current sitcoms, if you catch my drift.

I hate ALL sitcoms. They all seem to follow the same formula:
No one EVER locks their damn doors.
Family members and friend practically live at house or apartment of the main stars.
There is always one character who is dumber than a sack of shit.
Even if they are dirt poor, they ALWAYS live in at least a two-story house.
The wife always looks 100 times better and thinner than the husband.

I could list about 50 other common bonds, but this subject is not worth all of that typing. Don't even get me started on that canned laughter that erupts after every second line.

Actually, the only sitcom I can stand to watch is How I Met Your Mother. That show is smart, funny and all of the characters are likeable.

^ Frasier and News Radio (the ones w/ Phil Hartman) were pretty good.

Aside from them, I agree wholeheartedly. ;)

Family members and friend practically live at house or apartment of the main stars.

I could list about 50 other common bonds, but this subject is not worth all of that typing. Don't even get me started on that canned laughter that erupts after every second line.

Actually, the only sitcom I can stand to watch is How I Met Your Mother. That show is smart, funny and all of the characters are likeable.

Oh my god, I couldn't agree more..!
That is so true! And have you ever noticed how the two-storey houses are always the same lay out as each other? :D
I think the worst show EVER for canned laughter has GOT to be hands-down 'That 70's Show'. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but seriously it's like:
Character walks in: " I just cooked dinner" *canned laughter*
Fez walks in *canned laughter*
Racist joke about how Fez is foreign *canned laughter*
and so on... :|

Plus, I too LOVE How I Met Your Mother. Have you seen the last episode where he 'makes it rain' and they find out how he met their mother? I think that ties up all loose ends, is sweet, funny, the answer everyone was hoping for ALL along and it actually ALMOST makes me believe that you can find true love out there. Or men who are willing to try hard to prove to you that you're their 'One'. <3 *longing feeling* lol.

However, as I'm in the UK, I do have the guilty secret of loving Hollyoaks. 8o With it's 30yr old 20yr olds and 20yr old schoolkids so everyone in the show is just impossibly hot :D (Apart from Ste, Elliot, Eli (if you count that he existed), Newt and Myra McQueen... (If you live in the UK, you'll know what I mean. ;)

watch arrested development. best sitcom since married with children.