Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Heroes

I just finished watching the second season. I definitely liked the first one better but the second season was around the writer strike so I'm hoping it'll be good.
Season 1 Episode 9 and episode 17 were my favorite episodes so far. I actually had chills.

I never wanted to get into the show because I felt that people over exaggerated it but once I gave it a chance I see why.

Can't wait for the new season
Sept 22

I love this show! I just watched all of season one and two this past week :) So now I'm all caught up to start watching season 3 (which I have dvr'd)

Hiro and Ando are my favorite hands down

Mohinder pisses me off!! He's so fucking niave most of the time its aggravating.

Also the whole Jessica/Nikki thing--whats the point??

I <3 <3 <3 Peter Petreli

LoveAlways said:
Mohinder pisses me off!! He's so fucking naive most of the time its aggravating.

I like it how it now seems like his motivation for helping everybody was entirely selfish. Made me like the character a lot more.

My downloads of the new season have paid off, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. New twists that have been added have completely changed the map of this entertaining series.

The new episodes kinda suck IMO its like they're writing it week to week instead of having the whole season plotted out...idk

LoveAlways said:
The new episodes kinda suck IMO its like they're writing it week to week instead of having the whole season plotted out...idk

I totally agree. The stories just recently started to actually flow from one to the other. Pretty much every episode between the first one and the last two were basically all filler and no killer. If Claire wasn't such good eye candy, I would petition to have her killed off. Her character has (sadly) gotten really annoying.

That being said, the last two episodes have gotten me more hooked. The decision to cast Robert Forster as Peter's dad was brilliant! One of the only good storylines going right now.

haven't read the thread, but found the discs a mate gave me a long while back. about 7 or so episodes in i just find the show to be ultralame. really shit melodrama. terrible directing. horrible dialogue makes all the actors look bad. the narrator i'd love to stab with a fork.

i am really unhappy with this, it had better get better soon, or i'm switching off and not looking back.

you on series one? prepare for it to decline rapidly, seasons 2 and 3 are dire IMO and i even enjoyed the first.

yeah i'm on season one, and so far this has been quite painful to watch

The third season is pretty good, better than 2nd but not as good as 1st, but I still love it.

I love Hiro and Ando 2. I am mad that he doesnt have his powers at full capacity cuz I loved how Hiro was very conscience of not overdoing shit.

I liked this season but nothing topped first season. I do like how it ended though and I think next season is going to be great

Hiro is one of my favorite characters on the show but i was getting pissed off when his nose started bleeding and what not and they didnt really explain why, other than the fact that he said " Superman never ate and only slept 2 hours a day." so was that why he was getting weak do you think?

without resorting to spoilers, does the first season get better after the first half dozen episodes or not?

yes by far.

People are still figuring it out and this is not much of a spoiler, but you will start hating Sylar second half!

I liked this season but nothing topped first season. I do like how it ended though and I think next season is going to be great

Hiro is one of my favorite characters on the show but i was getting pissed off when his nose started bleeding and what not and they didnt really explain why, other than the fact that he said " Superman never ate and only slept 2 hours a day." so was that why he was getting weak do you think?

Only thing I figure is maybe his time traveling is fucking with his sleep patterns and it is hard for him to realize where the "real time thread" is.

I think it was the second season he had a similar problem where he was confused as to exactly he traveled to where he was off by a day or so.

SPOLIER SEASON 3 END

NSFW:
I wonder though if now that Peter was able to steal sylars powers does that mean he can add more to them??

And I do like how they ended the third with Sylar becoming Nathan cause he killed Nathan

Last edited:
without resorting to spoilers, does the first season get better after the first half dozen episodes or not?
I love the franchise, but season 2 was wrecked by the US writer's strike. It was abandoned half-way through and it still feels like there's a lot of untied ends. The third season sorta picked up where they'd abandoned things, but there's too many tangents and parallel worlds/storylines for any of it to make logical or linear sense.

The constantly fluxing agendas and twists don't help and actually serve to make the story more contrived than a sci-fi show can get away with.

I stopped trying to see it with a critical eye some time ago. I just let it wash over me and enjoy the soap opera-esque "I-actually-have-a-long-lost-evil-twin-brother-who-was-really-your-father-who-came-from-a-parallel-reality-which-was-destroyed-by-a-virus-that-was-created-by-a-homosexual-mexican-who-I-must-save-because-a-disembodied-voice-told-me-to" storylines as they randomly occur. :D

Don't think too much about it.

^drunken impacto finds this post as heartening as it is amusing. :D

Season 2 may have been slaughtered by the writers strike but all the storylines they had set up were slow, struggling and for the most part unsuccessful. I think it was a mercy killing.

The second half of season 1 is as good as it gets, if you don't enjoy that then I think you'll probably struggle with the others.

I've never known a show that's managed to frustrate me so much and yet I've still continued to watch it through though, so there must be something going for it :D.

Season one was the most enjoyable, for sure. Season two picked up after the first few episodes, but like tambo mentioned, they left a lot of things unexplained. Season three I gave up on as it's really lost it's way now. Cannot be arsed tbh.

I ve season every season thats been released, i liked the series for something different, i just wish they would hurry up with the last one. I refuse to wait for it to come on FOX in Aus, i like to get the box set and watch as i please with no ads.

i was impressed by the finale for the current season, although the idea of "coming out" has been recycled many times before (x-men, the 4400, even heroes in previous seasons). but im not gonna lie, im excited for the next season "volume 5: brave new world" will we see the war on humanity, the same war foretold in previous seasons?

which begs the question, is everything thats been done to prevent it...will actually be the events that lead up to it? will ando still kill hiro? will peter still go back and time to prevent it, only to influence it?

and speaking of recycling...can we just accept the fact that sylar is a villain, and will always be a villain? all of this pussy wack crap of redemption thats always floated around in sylar's head is honestly getting a bit old and played out. yes, we've seen it before. he's also even admitted that nothing will change him. what's going to be different this time around?

but regardless, cheers til next season.