• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Turning on" And Controlling It Vs. Numbing With Nicotine

it is obvious the op is talking bout using the broadening of the mind to create some insight on one or the other. Or too just expell this fearfull state of mind with an psyche narrowing substance and live on, not happily persee.

Am I right or am I creating something here on my own ?

Spooky man its like a trip within a thread

But I kinda understand I think - cigarettes are sort of suppressing in some manner or form?

Well tobacco has been used for thousands of years to calm the senses...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this about conciousness narrowing and expanding experiences Parappa. Or do you specifically wanna know how others used expanding moments of clarity in their advantage,

I am not so much a tripper anymore, way pleasure seeking. But higher doses of certain noids get me there, in the place of clarity. But I will have to pass through my valley of fear first. But once I am there I get chrystal clear view bout myself and the effects I am having on people, like a mirror ableing to look at myself.
Gives me tears some times but also ideas on how to 'better' myself. implementing takes some time and persitance and is off course done sober.

Something that rarely occurs under influence of conciousness narrowing substances, if it occurs at all. Can someone explain the painters methaphor , I don't get it, And I am a painter! (although my English is rusty)

Is this about conciousness narrowing and expanding experiences Parappa. Or do you specifically wanna know how others used expanding moments of clarity in their advantage,

I am not so much a tripper anymore, way pleasure seeking. But higher doses of certain noids get me there, in the place of clarity. But I will have to pass through my valley of fear first. But once I am there I get chrystal clear view bout myself and the effects I am having on people, like a mirror ableing to look at myself.
Gives me tears some times but also ideas on how to 'better' myself. implementing takes some time and persitance and is off course done sober.

Something that rarely occurs under influence of conciousness narrowing substances, if it occurs at all. Can someone explain the painters methaphor , I don't get it, And I am a painter! (although my English is rusty)

I don't get the painters metaphor either.

Highlighted part of your post because I found it to be powerful and a definitive example of how mind altering substances can contribute to self development. Moving and something I must strive to work on and instil in others.

I don't get the painters metaphor either.

Highlighted part of your post because I found it to be powerful and a definitive example of how mind altering substances can contribute to self development. Moving and something I must strive to work on and instil in others.

Thanks Kyt I feel I am really bad in translating what I feel into words (at least that's how I experience writing), but your flattering comment made me reread and indeed there's is some sense in there. Something I feel is missing is the part which kinda follows directly after the tears and realisation. The overwelming feeling of how it should be, you know that sense of how it is supposed to be but is not. And your part in it and the realisation this brings and the obligation to try and change for the good.

Wow, i never looked at it this way. im very interested in that. That'd be such a great way for this to move imo

Indeed cause I always got a lot of clarity on psychedelics and dissociatives too, but these experiences always got lost. Like the reflections were very hard to translate into the 'normal live'. The ideas were or seemed manic at the time or looking back on them. Indeed interesting thread you started Parappa, like the direction it takes me to places in me I haven't looked before and there are some handles in here to carry on digging.

The phrase "You dig" probably was popular for that reason. Not in you understand me, but you understand you. ( reffering to the sixties here)