• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants turn Propylhexedrine (salt) into crystal ice shards

our420room

Greenlighter
I have some propylhexedrine (freebase) that I've extracted and turned into a salt. I smoke it on foil and I was wondering how I might take my finished product and make ice shards out of it. I tried using isopropyl last night and that failed. I got my product back but no ice shards. Does anyone know of a way to properly turn this into ice crystals or shards? I understand recrystallization involves precipitating a substance in a solvent that it's soluble in at a current temp, but less soluble at a lower or higher temp.

Since I have now learned that isopropyl is not the correct solvent, would anyone have any idea which solvent might be the correct one?

If you're in the US why not just buy the real stuff? Or is this just for science?

I pulled the hcl salt out of the freebase oil once out of curiosity, i felt like it was too vasoconstrictive to smoke. Take a few hits and your lungs feel weird and palms are sweaty. May even be dangerous (IV use has resulted in death), as I could see large amounts smoked resulting in pulmonary hypertension.

Why do you need large crystals anyhow...

The likelihood of obtaining crystals is nil. I’m assuming it’s racemic propylhexedrine, and just like amphetamine racemic can’t produce large crystals often a powder instead.

-GC

The likelihood of obtaining crystals is nil. I’m assuming it’s racemic propylhexedrine, and just like amphetamine racemic can’t produce large crystals often a powder instead.

-GC
Are u saying that racemic meth doesn't form crystals or just racemic amphetamine? Bcoz racemic mixtures do form crystals.amphetamine is known for not crystallising but racemic meth and mdma definitely does form crystals.racemicness doesn't affect shardage

Also when ppl reduce pseudo using the nazi method can overreduce the product and the resulting substance prevents crystallization.the only place the meth molecule can reduce more is on the ring leading to a similar if not propylhexidrene molecule.so maybe it just won't crystallize.maybe will maybe won't.

Last edited:
Racemic meth is not known for producing “ice shards” neither is pure racemic MDMA. Most racemic meth is powder, sometimes maybe the slightest grainy sand. Lots of it today have additives to produce the shards people expect.

Same with MDMA, although MDMA can produce nice shards but they are nothing like meth ice shards either. MDMA crystals are orthorhombic or diamond shaped if hydrated and don’t typically get very large. Again much of today’s MDMA is fused and/or cut with additives to increase the shard size and bag appeal.

-GC

Racemic structures are less likely to form large crystals. Only a fraction of racemates form large crystals to my knowledge, this is even one way of separating them.

Yon need to make the tartrate to seperate the isomers.the HCL won't seperate no matter how much you try

I tried extracting p-hex from the inhalers last week. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with a weird oily mess. Does it really make much difference over drinking it extracted from the cottons in juice? I mainly wanted to try snorting or plugging it over ingesting it orally.

I would expect propylhexidrine would be liquid as a freebase at r.t, just like methamphetamine. Maybe the solid reported from extraction is a carbonate salt?

Well the method I tried uses acetic acid to salt it and then attempted to extract the oils using naphtha, and then suck out the vinegar/water layer and evaporate to yield propylhexedrine acetate.

It could well be the compound is super hygroscopic then.

Or else not ebough acid was used and the oil wash removed product?

Or said salt has higher concentration of solubility in said non polar solvent than allowed for it to be effective

Or else not ebough acid was used and the oil wash removed product?

Or said salt has higher concentration of solubility in said non polar solvent than allowed for it to be effective
It could be possible.had that happen with DMT acetate

I tried extracting p-hex from the inhalers last week. I must have done something wrong because I ended up with a weird oily mess. Does it really make much difference over drinking it extracted from the cottons in juice? I mainly wanted to try snorting or plugging it over ingesting it orally.

Hmmm, never had anyone report it being super hygroscopic before.. Although I’m sure it’s possible. Sometimes it can take quite awhile for product to fully dry but other than that I can’t think how you went wrong..

Maybe place in front of a fan with a heat setting to really ensure full evaporation of the water/acetic acid, any vinegar smell left to the product?

-GC

Well the method I tried uses acetic acid to salt it and then attempted to extract the oils using naphtha, and then suck out the vinegar/water layer and evaporate to yield propylhexedrine acetate.

Use HCL, i got a crystalline powder of propylhexedrine hcl doing so. Problem was that it still kind of stunk like lavender oil.